Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

making GBS threads himself so hard against the Alex Smith-led Chiefs on national television that he had to be benched for Jimmy Garoppolo.

What you're saying is... Titans loss proves Brady has an Act 7 left in him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Dubious posted:

Bernard Pollard couldn't stop Brady from getting 3 more rings.

:hmmyes:

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

It's like listening to a bunch of flatearthers. Just makes you chuckle.

It would be like listening to a bunch of flat earthers, but only if we assume the earth had been proven flat at some point this very season.. I mean come on, they got caught cheating a few drat weeks ago lmao

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

This is the best videogame
I have ever played!
Put Peyton on the Patriots and he wins both times against Eli and collects more rings.

Why? Because he was a better QB.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Homestar Runner posted:

Put Peyton on the Patriots and he wins both times against Eli and collects more rings.

Why? Because he was a better QB.

The only thing softer than Peyton's psyche was his noodle arm as the defense won him his second ring.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Brady cheats.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

My favorite moment is next season when he goes 5-11 as the Browns QB and gets benched.

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!
my favorite brady moment was his acl being horrifically torn by bernard pollard

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Sash! posted:

My favorite moment is next season when he goes 5-11 as the Browns QB and gets benched.

if he goes 5-11 when did he get benched? no he's gonna go to the Chargers, go 2-7 and THEN get benched for Tyrod Taylor

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Play posted:

if he goes 5-11 when did he get benched? no he's gonna go to the Chargers, go 2-7 and THEN get benched for Tyrod Taylor

He'll get benched during win five after he throws two picks. Baker will heroically lead a comeback only to tear his ACL. Brady kneels to finish the game.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

quote:

On December 12, 2019, Caldwell was accused by the Justice Department of conspiracy to commit health care fraud.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Sour Diesel posted:

peyton was a choke artist

sean10mm posted:

You don't have to like Brady, but Peyton was a baby back bitch choke jobber and confirmed sex offender.

tbh

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

sweet thursday posted:

The only thing softer than Peyton's psyche was his noodle arm as the defense won him his second ring.

Peyton's arms were soft after carrying teams for years.

Tom's the guy that gives a fifty cent tip to the bellhop.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
The Broncos' D-line beating the living dogshit out of Brady in the 2015 AFCCG is my favorite Brady moment

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhw_YLGmvKw

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

cavallingus posted:

The Broncos' D-line beating the living dogshit out of Brady in the 2015 AFCCG is my favorite Brady moment

That game was so ridiculous. Brady was just getting killed and then at the end he and Gronk still just willed themselves down the field and into the endzone.

Missed the two pointer to tie it up, but that was such a courageous performance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_B8sLoBXZk8

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Kalli posted:

Missed the two pointer to tie it up, but that was such a courageous performance.
It was an interception lol

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
Those comments are great. They're fellating Tom for being so clutch and almost winning.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Leon Einstein posted:

Those comments are great. They're fellating Tom for being so clutch and almost winning.

I know right, the least successful moment in a 5 year run was just missing tying up an AFC Championship game in the final minute.

Can't win 'em all.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

*increasingly red-faced Patriots fans* "No you see, I actually think this is funny. I'm laughing about this."

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Quiet Feet posted:

*increasingly red-faced Patriots fans* "No you see, I actually think this is funny. I'm laughing about this."

lol they’re mad hahahaha

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

quote:

Why can't people just respect the great throw and catch on the play and realize that even in one of the hardest defensive match ups Brady has ever gone up against he still fought to the like the great qb he is that's the point of this video to show Brady's fight at the end in this game unlike almost every qb would do in the league people can't just respect greatness. patriots haters are such clowns and just don't get football GG and congrats to Denver what a game."

lmao

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Kalli posted:

I know right, the least successful moment in a 5 year run was just missing tying up an AFC Championship game in the final minute.

Can't win 'em all.

2014 - Super Bowl Win
2015 - AFC Conference Loss
2016 - Super Bowl Win
2017 - Super Bowl Loss
2018 - Super Bowl Win

I can't imagine there will ever by another five year period of dominance like that again in the NFL.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

2014 - Super Bowl Win
2015 - AFC Conference Loss
2016 - Super Bowl Win
2017 - Super Bowl Loss
2018 - Super Bowl Win

I can't imagine there will ever by another five year period of dominance like that again in the NFL.
And yet there will be thousands of Southies sinking into a deep clinical depression because Tom Brady lost to the Titans on January 4, 2020

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

cavallingus posted:

And yet there will be thousands of Southies sinking into a deep clinical depression because Tom Brady lost to the Titans on January 4, 2020

Can't deny how great the Titans played. They took enough of the Patriots' power over time, signed Vrabel, Logan Ryan and Malcolm Butler. Just too much of the Patriots' own power and gameplan to overcome. Good on 'em.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
I think there's no question that Vrabel is the best head coach from the Belichick Tree. Imagine what not being an rear end in a top hat can do for you as a coach.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

The sad thing is the genuinely deranged :patssay: people have pretty much all left. They were either broken by the Great Championship Drought of 2005-2013 :laffo: or just the general slow death of the dead gay comedy forum.

I sometimes try to rear end in a top hat post about the Pats to spice things up but it's not really the same, I'm too old and boring and complacent to un-ironically rant about whatever supposed injustice is afflicting me as a fan after 28-3 and ring #6 and all that.

cavallingus posted:

They're going to drop football entirely and go back to being dickheads about the Red Sox and Celtics 24/7 as if the Pats never existed, and Patriots fandom is going to turn back into how a handful of bitter, alcoholic swamp Yankees wastes time on Sundays.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

cavallingus posted:

I think there's no question that Vrabel is the best head coach from the Belichick Tree. Imagine what not being an rear end in a top hat can do for you as a coach.

Second best is probably Romeo Crennel, also not an rear end in a top hat, who managed to drag the Browns to 10 wins.

Shame he was basically a less successful Jim Caldwell though.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Kalli posted:

Second best is probably Romeo Crennel, also not an rear end in a top hat, who managed to drag the Browns to 10 wins.

Shame he was basically a less successful Jim Caldwell though.

Vrabel was just an ex-player who never had any role on a Patriots staff too, so he probably shouldn't even count as part of Belichick's "tree."

Maybe Flores will be OK?

Nov 6, 2002

Most head coaches are bad, therefore I will assume he's bad until proven otherwise.

Kalli posted:

Can't deny how great the Titans played. They took enough of the Patriots' power over time, signed Vrabel, Logan Ryan and Malcolm Butler. Just too much of the Patriots' own power and gameplan to overcome. Good on 'em.

Don't forget Lewis. Titans really are the Patriots Central, no wonder they were able to squeak out the win!

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

sean10mm posted:

Vrabel was just an ex-player who never had any role on a Patriots staff too, so he probably shouldn't even count as part of Belichick's "tree."
I looked it up and Vrabel was an assistant under BoB in Houston, who of course was an OC under Belichick. Close enough :haw:

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

sean10mm posted:

Maybe Flores will be OK?

I count him because he was traded to a Pats GM'ed team then went to work in college for one of Belichick's besties then went from that to Bill O'Brien in the pros then hired formed Pats DC Dean Pees as his DC.

sean10mm posted:

Maybe Flores will be OK?

Most head coaches are bad, therefore I will assume he's bad until proven otherwise.

Even Belichick wasn't great until his 2nd go around. Clearly Josh McDaniels is ready! (Someone please take him before he ends up taking over for Bill, please).

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Speaking of McDaniels, check out this tweet where he gets completely owned:

https://twitter.com/LesShapiro/status/1214706921434861568

Nov 6, 2002

The worst kind ownage, a sports DJ tweet.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
He's right tho. McDaniels is a piece of poo poo

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Pats fans spend half their time hating him now, dunno if SAS goons see that as a pro or con for McD.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I think McDaniels is a great offensive coordinator who is also a titanic piece of poo poo, yes.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

McDaniels seems exactly like a different coaching rear end in a top hat whose name escapes me.

Lane Kiffin maybe?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
I feel like he and Adam Gase are very similar