Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

sean10mm posted:

McDaniels seems exactly like a different coaching rear end in a top hat whose name escapes me.

Lane Kiffin maybe?

I think less self destructive. Like Kiffin got into tons of fights with players he worked with / other coaches. McDaniels seems normal in that respect.

cavallingus posted:

I feel like he and Adam Gase are very similar

Definitely more competent then Gase, but agreed in they both were self serving to get power and betraying people to get there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
What the heck is Lane Kiffin's problem anyway?

Better Than You posted:

I feel like he and Adam Gase are very similar

Maybe in attitude, but McDaniels is actually competent at using talent.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13CSWRyaAgA

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Kalli posted:

I think less self destructive. Like Kiffin got into tons of fights with players he worked with / other coaches. McDaniels seems normal in that respect.
When the Raiders completely wrecked the Broncos in Denver in 2010, he went on a complete tirade after the game at every player and coach in the locker room. They stopped taking him seriously after that.

He also spent the entirety of the game standing by himself away from everyone else lol

Jivesauce
Nov 22, 2007

Kalli posted:

Didn't McDaniels get into a bunch of pissy fights with players at Denver? I could be remembering wrong, or just thinking of the whole Peyton Hillis thing.

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

Remember when Tom Brady dropped a pass in a super bowl because he's not talented and has been hoisted by Belichick and Cheating

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Jivesauce posted:

Didn't McDaniels get into a bunch of pissy fights with players at Denver? I could be remembering wrong, or just thinking of the whole Peyton Hillis thing.
God the Peyton Hillis poo poo was the most petty thing. The story is that Hillis was simply talking to McDaniels' wife and of course Josh took it the wrong way

There's also his first meeting with Jay Cutler, ending with Cutler telling his agent "get me the gently caress out of here"

Then the whole poo poo with Brandon Marshall

He and Mayfield are going to get along swimmingly

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Better Than You posted:

God the Peyton Hillis poo poo was the most petty thing. The story is that Hillis was simply talking to McDaniels' wife and of course Josh took it the wrong way

There's also his first meeting with Jay Cutler, ending with Cutler telling his agent "get me the gently caress out of here"

Then the whole poo poo with Brandon Marshall

He and Mayfield are going to get along swimmingly

In retrospect I'm not sure running off Cutler was a huge negative for McDaniels. Goons loved the IDGAF QB with alcoholic bloat and the diabetus... but he was never actually that good. McDaniels basically reproduced his production with Kyle Orton, the more likable drunk-looking QB.

In general his time in Denver was a huge disaster of course. Like colossally bad.

Nov 6, 2002

He made a few decent draft picks, but in general he was a god awful GM and personnel manager.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Better Than You posted:

I think there's no question that Vrabel is the best head coach from the Belichick Tree. Imagine what not being an rear end in a top hat can do for you as a coach.

he said he’d cut off his dick to win a super bowl, which is kind of refreshing

he’s the son of a legendary coordinator and a guy who showed some promise, got promoted in a bunch of places way too fast, and has generally been seen as a smarter coach than he actually ever was, and that’s given him a sense of entitlement and an inferiority complex at the same time

he’s a good coach and a smart guy but he can’t get out of his own way, and he’s also a tremendous rear end in a top hat

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari
https://youtu.be/aYAsxnRaTAg

Never forget

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Everything from the Kearse catch on is :discourse:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3698374&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=172

e: Forgot how many people hated the Seahawks even more than the Pats back then.

sean10mm fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Jan 9, 2020

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Kalli posted:

I know right, the least successful moment in a 5 year run was just missing tying up an AFC Championship game in the final minute.

Can't win 'em all.

lol cmon kalli you're better than this

Declan MacManus posted:

he said he’d cut off his dick to win a super bowl, which is kind of refreshing

for all we know we're already witnessing the fruits of him cutting off his dick :ninja:

watch out ravens you don't want no part of that dick magic

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
It hasn’t happened yet. It will occurs next season because somehow neither Brady, Patriots fans, or the media realize he’s washed as gently caress.

I’ve spent my whole adult life hate watching him. He isn’t the same dude and no amount of “Its the receivers!!!!!” takes are gonna change that.

He’s going to be even worse next year and it will be fun as hell to watch. If refs start calling intentional groundings on him like they would anyone else, he might not make it to mid season.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

TheBizzness posted:

I’ve spent my whole adult life hate watching him.

Sounds unhealthy.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

mcdaniels is directly responsible for the chicago bears jay cutler experience and i still don't know how to feel about that

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Jay Cutler beat Tom Brady as a Miami Dolphin

Nov 6, 2002

TheBizzness posted:

I’ve spent my whole adult life hate watching him.

I know, it's great isn't it?

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

TheBizzness posted:

Jay Cutler beat Tom Brady as a Miami Dolphin

owns

Nov 6, 2002

Which is worse:

A) To never get anything but the nastiest, sore-riddled bar pussy with the occasional upgrade to a chick who is so fat that you can barely penetrate her before one of the many gathered folds of her gelatinous being block your pelvis from progressing your member further?

B) To be standing at the foot of the bed of the most beautiful woman in the world you've worked your entire life for just hoping for the chance to nail. Her body is glorious, devoid of all traces of hair, her breasts are impossibly perfect spheres and her legs are spread askance beckoning you to the warm delights of her vaginal cavity only to have some dumb crosseyed moron named Manning stumble through the door like a slapstick scene in a Jerry Lewis movie. The door swinging open sends you careening through a window to fall below. Meanwhile Eli stumbles forward accidentally catching his pants on the edge of some furniture and falls naked into her, penetrating her in your place.

Below you lie, naked and covered with glass listening to that dumb hick bellow out weird donkey-sounding grunts of pleasure as he haphazardly enjoys what was to be your crowning moment.

WHICH SCENARIO WILL HAUNT YOU MORE? Being a step away from unimagined glory only to lose it is way worse than the back to back 1-15/2-14 seasons I sat through during the terrible years from the late-mid 80s until Parcells' 2nd season when we finally made the playoffs.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Did... did you guys do this to me?

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

R.D. Mangles posted:

mcdaniels is directly responsible for the chicago bears jay cutler experience and i still don't know how to feel about that
Imagine being a Bears fan and realizing they made the Super Bowl with Rex Grossman but not Jay Cutler

Nov 6, 2002

That was a *really* weak year for the NFC and whomever won the AFC Championship was gonna steamroll in the Super Bowl.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

That was a *really* weak year for the NFC and whomever won the AFC Championship was gonna steamroll in the Super Bowl.
It really was. The Bears were undefeated before getting housed at home by the Dolphins, who had a losing record.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Bears were the only NFC team even over 10 wins which is pretty much unprecedented.

That really should've been the Chargers year.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
hope ross isn't reading this thread

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Taste my Ball of Hope, foul dragon!

I’ll take the Eli scenario cuz I might not get the perfect woman again but I most likely am not banging bar hags and hambeasts normally either.

GyroNinja
Nov 7, 2012

Kalli posted:

Bears were the only NFC team even over 10 wins which is pretty much unprecedented.

That really should've been the Chargers year.

That was the same year the Chargers were historically good but missed the playoffs entirely because they lost a bunch of close games early on, right?

Nov 6, 2002

GyroNinja posted:

That was the same year the Chargers were historically good but missed the playoffs entirely because they lost a bunch of close games early on, right?

No, that was the year they went 14-2 and lost at home to New England in the divisional round because, well...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOQbsq0Rtsg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

No, that was the year they went 14-2 and lost at home to New England in the divisional round because, well...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOQbsq0Rtsg

That was part of it but another part of it was Marty being a dumbass and not running the ball in the 2nd half and the flat out refusal to target Keenan McCardell for whatever reason.

Then two weeks later we were looking for a new OC, DC, and HC and I registered here