Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

That was kinda cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Nice TaySwift pipboy.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
"Paul Revere is the father of speedrunning"

Trash Ops
Jun 19, 2012

im having fun, isnt everyone else?

freame perfect

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Fargield
Sep 27, 2008

Wormskull posted:

Cool posture. Top half manspreading bottom half ballcrushing. Interesting technique.

He's got swag/

Azraelle
Jan 13, 2008

TMR playing Adventure Island 2. I remember this being one of the first games I played while growing up that made me realize that video games could be bad. Feels kinda good to see him plowing through it.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I had one of the Gameboy ones and it was fun (?) but I remember it being hosed up that the only way to find secrets is just to walk slowly and spam attack hoping to find a hidden egg.

Azraelle
Jan 13, 2008

American McGay posted:

I had one of the Gameboy ones and it was fun (?) but I remember it being hosed up that the only way to find secrets is just to walk slowly and spam attack hoping to find a hidden egg.

As long as you have a dinosaur, AI2 is fine, but they die in one hit, and you find a new one like every 4th stage after a while. Once you die, you can't kill anything in the stages before you find at least an axe, and they spam small, annoying enemies. The hidden stuff is kinda weird, but not in a bad way.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

https://clips.twitch.tv/TameObedientPorcupineNotATK

Ruffini
Oct 2, 2018

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D

lol

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

A lot of these speedruns would be more impressive if they didn't glitch through most of the games.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Detective No. 27 posted:

A lot of these speedruns would be more impressive if they didn't glitch through most of the games.

Clown rear end.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

This is the saddest thing

curse
May 25, 2019

heck
the terraria run was good as hell even though it had major chaos energy, the runner was excellent

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

curse posted:

the terraria run was good as hell even though it had major chaos energy, the runner was excellent

:yikes:

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

runner frantically trying to think of console commands to cheat the last boss into showing up

me: what a great run!

Azraelle
Jan 13, 2008

Watched the Zelda relay race on VOD just to make sure my dude PRO_JN made short work of Zelda 2.

Azraelle
Jan 13, 2008

So far this AGDQ has been a lot of failed tricks and dying unintentionally, with the commentators saying "it's okay".

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

GDQ runs are no-stakes bullshit to keep you around for ads, where you might as well watch the person’s actual stream because at least something might happen. Unless it’s a hideous, terrible indie game, in which case you wouldn’t want to watch the actual stream anyway because the person is almost certainly an uncharismatic freak.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Azraelle posted:

So far this AGDQ has been a lot of failed tricks and dying unintentionally, with the commentators saying "it's okay".

have you considered that it actually is okay

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

It’s a turd speed run marathon. Also the races are wack too. Last night they let someone skip the end of the game in a series relay race because he was loving up so bad, to keep it competitive or whatever. Nice poo poo man. Woohoo! Honk! Hoype! Orb!

curse
May 25, 2019

heck
he was upbeat instead of beating himself up, and raised a good amount of money during that run
i dont regret enjoying it considering i can only sit through so many runs before i want to die

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Thankfully they toned down the tragedy messages. From what I seen. The fallout run was kinda epic.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Wormskull posted:

It’s a turd speed run marathon. Also the races are wack too. Last night they let someone skip the end of the game in a series relay race because he was loving up so bad, to keep it competitive or whatever. Nice poo poo man. Woohoo! Honk! Hoype! Orb!

Azraelle
Jan 13, 2008

elf help book posted:

have you considered that it actually is okay

I don't know, feels like the runs I've watched before were less error-prone, and while one or two misses can make things interesting, too many kinda gives off the vibe that runners just don't care that much.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Azraelle posted:

I don't know, feels like the runs I've watched before were less error-prone, and while one or two misses can make things interesting, too many kinda gives off the vibe that runners just don't care that much.

They're too busy rehearsing their 4 hour stand up routines on the plane ride over to worry about playing well.

Azraelle
Jan 13, 2008

In Training posted:

They're too busy rehearsing their 4 hour stand up routines on the plane ride over to worry about playing well.

I miss feasel, He was my kind of speedrunner, he seemed to have encyclopedic knowledge about whatever archaic and usually horrible video game he played and gave the impression he could probably hold a 2-hour lecture unprompted. Like, he could have made a ton of obvious jokes, but when someone on the couch made a joke, he typically kinda acted like "oh, that's funny, I guess"

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

I like the nes games and they did a bunch of shinobi games this morning which mightstve been cool but alas they always do that poo poo at 6 am to make sure theyre doing the borderlands 3 all claptrap dubstep raps during prime viewingnhours

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Azraelle posted:

I miss feasel, He was my kind of speedrunner, he seemed to have encyclopedic knowledge about whatever archaic and usually horrible video game he played and gave the impression he could probably hold a 2-hour lecture unprompted. Like, he could have made a ton of obvious jokes, but when someone on the couch made a joke, he typically kinda acted like "oh, that's funny, I guess"

feasel win. he runs speedgaming now. i think he has a run this marathon though

Azraelle
Jan 13, 2008

yea ok posted:

feasel win. he runs speedgaming now. i think he has a run this marathon though

I know, but he's mostly behind the scenes there, as far as I can tell. I just want to watch him play games every once in a while. If he has a run, I'll definitely watch it.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Speedrunning NES games is hype. Speedrunning PC games from 2007 is less hype.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

American McGay posted:

Speedrunning NES games is hype. Speedrunning PC games from 2007 is less hype.

Speedrunning Uncharted: The Lost Legacy cutscenes% is godlike.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

elf help book posted:

Speedrunning Uncharted: The Lost Legacy cutscenes% is godlike.

This bros.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Trash Ops
Jun 19, 2012

av material

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

comfy gaming

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trash Ops
Jun 19, 2012

Wormskull posted:

GDQ runs are no-stakes bullshit to keep you around for ads, where you might as well watch the person’s actual stream because at least something might happen. Unless it’s a hideous, terrible indie game, in which case you wouldn’t want to watch the actual stream anyway because the person is almost certainly an uncharismatic freak.

yakuza sponsored speedrun toruney where they break a different bone every missed skip