Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Great shot of the ex-pool faculty room this ep.

Poor Kanamori having to stoop to get through doorways even early in middle school.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.
https://twitter.com/m_d_c_t/status/1239255831671197697
This moment was too good to not capture imo

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

So, Kanamori leaked the plans to the press to ensure there'd be too much pressure for the school to cancel things?

Even in a sickbed, Kanamori's three steps ahead of the crowd. And Midori's learning to write any script changes to require minimal animation changes.

No wonder the student council is worried. The Eizouken is growing too strong to be controlled.

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse

mdct posted:

https://twitter.com/m_d_c_t/status/1239255831671197697
This moment was too good to not capture imo

This was the best! I almost want it as an avi

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I don't WANT there to be just one more episode!

I want a season 2!

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Coronavirus Quarantine Mood.

Waffleman_ posted:

I don't WANT there to be just one more episode!

I want a season 2!

This show blew up and ended up incredibly loved for a niche series. I'd be really surprised if we didn't get an S2.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Just in case anyone needs it for reasons.

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

Waffleman_ posted:

Lemme jazz it up a bit

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

It's incredibly hard to work within 150kb, Lowtax up the avatar cap.

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

Waffleman_ posted:

Negostrike posted:

Lemme jazz it up a bit

Bless you both!

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Blaze Dragon posted:

Coronavirus Quarantine Mood.

This show blew up and ended up incredibly loved for a niche series. I'd be really surprised if we didn't get an S2.

Depends on how much merch and DVDs it pushes. If it can't do that or have some other group putting in funding (I think Chihayafuru and March Comes in Like a Lion have that) or to keep sales of its source material up (say when a new volume is to be released), then there's probably not gonna be an S2.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Xelkelvos posted:

Depends on how much merch and DVDs it pushes. If it can't do that or have some other group putting in funding (I think Chihayafuru and March Comes in Like a Lion have that) or to keep sales of its source material up (say when a new volume is to be released), then there's probably not gonna be an S2.

It made the source material's sales jump like a rocket. It still might not get a season 2 since, well, Yuasa isn't a big season 2 guy, but multiple runs of reprints is a pretty big impact.

It's not Demon Slayer, but not much is.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Xelkelvos posted:

Time to get Kanamoney into this then.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Ending with a nice bow on it in one season as a special, memorable thing would be just fine, but I would easily and gladly watch like an American cartoon length 120 episodes of these characters and their whole dynamic. The characters and the weird world of this school all feel so fresh.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

There should be plenty more material to adapt.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Xelkelvos posted:

Where the gently caress is season 3

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

Kanamori just immediately jumping in that river to save Asakusa is the kind of casual heroics that I love to see in things.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008

Nephthys posted:

Kanamori just immediately jumping in that river to save Asakusa is the kind of casual heroics that I love to see in things.

I think it's one of those things you just learn to do when you befriend a gremlin.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
Also Kanamori not complaining that jumping in the river made her sick was good.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Nephthys posted:

not friends, but comrades

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Comrades, coexistence... :ussr:

D O R K Y
Sep 1, 2001

I'm glad we got a bit more flashback for Asakusa beyond episode 1. The Kanamori and Mizusaki flashbacks were some of my favorite moments of the season but I felt like the first episode didn't get enough into Asakusa's past.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Finally watched the episode, Asakusa's rabbit is adorable. :kimchi:

Also what the hell was that Security Club raid?

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

All the clubs are surprisingly hardcore.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Electric Phantasm posted:

Finally watched the episode, Asakusa's rabbit is adorable. :kimchi:

Also what the hell was that Security Club raid?

Asakusa has had the rabbit for a while. She was holding it during most of the club meetings for the first time.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Just started watching this now, and god drat this post from page 1 got me.

Nanigans posted:

So, what I’m hearing is, it’sall downhill from here...:gbsmith:

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

Just started watching this now, and god drat this post from page 1 got me.

January was a much more innocent time for all of us.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
I totally called the kappa being the antagonists! However, they're more like the co-protagonists from the angle Asakusa took.

Wait, there's only one more episode of this? Time flies real fast, huh? I'm jumping in on a second season in case it ever happens.

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I think it would be super awesome if they wanted to do another season. They definitely have a lot of different paths they could go for potential storylines. That being said if they wanted to end things on a high note and just keep it at one season I can respect that:unsmith:

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

It's a show that can go on for as long as they have ideas, really. The plot of the show is "check out this rad concept and aesthetic", so, sky's the limit!

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
Its also an adaptation of a currently publishing manga so they can probably get some ideas from there

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
oh i thought that the manga had been wrapped up

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Doctor Reynolds posted:

It's a show that can go on for as long as they have ideas, really. The plot of the show is "check out this rad concept and aesthetic", so, sky's the limit!

Well unless they want to move into what they do after graduation as well. Lots of time has passed by in the story. Like almost a year I think at this point.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

gently caress y'all I demand infinite seasons.

Ultraklystron
May 19, 2010

Unsafe At Every Speed
The manga has finally been licenced: https://twitter.com/TheOASG/status/1241474747483009029?s=20

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
This was a great show.

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

MonsterEnvy posted:

This was a great show.

It really was!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

The final line being "There's still room for improvement" brought a tear to my eye

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I demand ten more seasons