Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
https://twitter.com/y50rashi/status/1213814813328961536?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges
https://twitter.com/dorkei_/status/1213904516711682048
https://twitter.com/dorkei_/status/1213906270392074240

interesting looking how it seems like the only major changes were that extra prolouge (unless that came from a later chapter), having the anime club screening changed to Future Boy Conan (the original had Midori gushing over the animation of some explosion), the extra antics with the theater props, and some stuff added to the imagination sequence

Digamma-F-Wau fucked around with this message at 05:29 on Jan 7, 2020

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
This is great and I couldn't stop smiling, I can't draw but this is getting me revved up about writing.

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost
Good to see Yuasa on the helm again. Great first episode!

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds
While everybody's concentrating on the amazing OP, the highlight of the ED is a simple sequence where the characters' walk and run cycles slowly transform from four-frame roughs through finished inks. Everyone who's ever done animation grinned to themselves while watching that.

Sadly only the first four chapters of the manga have been scanlated, but there'll be plenty of opportunities for amazing animation. The anime embellishes the manga in all the right ways.

Libra
Jan 5, 2011

Mirage posted:

Everyone who's ever done animation grinned to themselves while watching that.

It simultaneously made me grin and triggered horrible flashbacks of sleepless nights, rapidly approaching deadlines and strained eyeballs. Animation is a good job if you want to work 60 hours a week and still be poor and physically ill from stress.

(show seems very good though)

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

this show already kicks rear end

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
This was fun to watch. In fact, I would like to watch more of it

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Good news, I hear there's gonna be another one on Sunday. And for at least ten Sundays after.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
Well that's just fantastic

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

That ruled

e: I usually bounce off Yuasa stuff but this was great

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

I am already salivating to get my hands on the OST

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
hey this owns a whole bunch and i'm already counting the days until the next episode

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

Mirage posted:

Sadly only the first four chapters of the manga have been scanlated, but there'll be plenty of opportunities for amazing animation. The anime embellishes the manga in all the right ways.

Good news, someone has picked it up again.

Beekeeping and You
Sep 27, 2011

It's a real power move to release the AOTY in January. Also as someone with a bit of an overbite, I really, really appreciate Kanamori's design.

Also man I wish the rest of the manga was scanlated.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Beekeeping and You posted:

It's a real power move to release the AOTY in January. Also as someone with a bit of an overbite, I really, really appreciate Kanamori's design.

Also man I wish the rest of the manga was scanlated.

Nanigans posted:

Bold move to make the anime of the year come out right at the start

:haw:

Keromaru5
Dec 28, 2012

Pictured: The Wolf Of Gubbio (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
All I want right now is a gif of Midori so very proudly using that vending machine at the laundromat.

Beekeeping and You
Sep 27, 2011

nooo :negative:

at least we can all agree that anime... is good

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

Here it is folks. The FLCL of the Reiwa era.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
:filez:

This playlist seems to have all 26 episodes of Future Boy Conan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yT3zWuD6Rbo&list=PL0A3btqyajzSQSpEd-DBv7PTqUfb1NruX

Maera Sior
Jan 5, 2012

My brain keeps on trying to jam some other opening in with this one and I can't figure out what it is. Anyone recall any OPs with a similar feel in terms of tempo/key/lyrical flow?

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Keromaru5 posted:

All I want right now is a gif of Midori so very proudly using that vending machine at the laundromat.

I wouldn't even know where to start with making a .gif, and generally find it an inferior format anyway due to how enormously bloated it makes stuff but I made a webm of that moment if it's any good.

https://webm.red/view/6l5m.mp4

I have to link off-site sadly, as I don't know what sites SA plays nice with and inserts webms directly on to the page off the top of my head.

Edit: It doesn't even appear to want to show the link, so never mind, I guess. You can still see it by quoting the post, for what that's worth.

tsob fucked around with this message at 15:04 on Jan 21, 2020

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde
https://twitter.com/_Marii_Pily/status/1214768171170902017?s=20

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Negrostrike posted:

Here it is folks. The FLCL of the Reiwa era.

Not horny enough.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

Mirage posted:

While everybody's concentrating on the amazing OP, the highlight of the ED is a simple sequence where the characters' walk and run cycles slowly transform from four-frame roughs through finished inks. Everyone who's ever done animation grinned to themselves while watching that.

I was reminded of the ED of Astro Boy, and just grinned wider

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3SvVpEYr40

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
This was just pure fun.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
I look forward to further adventures of smol, medium, and tol.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I was going frame by frame through the poses in the OP and a small detail I like is that Mizusaki's movements are pretty poised and deliberate and she doesn't have really any goofy inbetweens unlike the other two gremlins, who are a lot more loosey goosey in their movements.

Good character animation.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

I was going frame by frame through the poses in the OP and a small detail I like is that Mizusaki's movements are pretty poised and deliberate and she doesn't have really any goofy inbetweens unlike the other two gremlins, who are a lot more loosey goosey in their movements.

Good character animation.

Yeah, this is definitely a show where, if you mention one of the main characters used to be a model, it's not hard to guess which.

Gotta love strong visual characterization.

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

https://twitter.com/AndroJuniarto/status/1215996916380491776/photo/1

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I also liked how in the part of the OP with the grids, Midori is a complete Chaotic Artist, so her squares are all disheveled, Tsubame's still got that artistic streak, but her poo poo is more together, so it's only a little messy, and Sayaka is ALL BUSINESS COMPLETELY STRAIGHT.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Asakusa is stupid it appears.

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

Anyone looks stupid next to Kanamori.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

:aaa:

Wow, a multiplane camera!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

This series is like listening to a friend talk at length about something they love and you're not entirely savvy on it yourself but their passion for it is just so engaging.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Kanamori's role is saving the day with her smug grumpiness and I love every second of it :allears:

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
It was so obvious what was going to happen when Asakusa went to ask for desks and I could not stop laughing.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

MonsterEnvy posted:

Asakusa is stupid it appears.

Asakusa is stupid when she gets excited about things.

When she can keep her cool, less so.

Unfortunately, anime is one of the things that gets her most excited.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

https://twitter.com/Crunchyroll/status/1216482736594202624?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Super Jay Mann posted:

Kanamori's role is saving the day with her smug grumpiness and I love every second of it :allears:

To be fair, she probably also just made the biggest problem they're likely to face for a little bit by selling footage of her best friend falling to her possible death.