Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/Waffleman_/status/1216488197930278912

Love when they do this. Now all we need is for someone to eat or drink something and have a big ol' bulge go down their neck as they swallow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
Show still really good

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!

chiasaur11 posted:

To be fair, she probably also just made the biggest problem they're likely to face for a little bit by selling footage of her best friend falling to her possible death.

It's okay, they just need to sue the school for a bazillion yen for poor safety standards, and they'll have all the money they need.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Fangz posted:

It's okay, they just need to sue the school for a bazillion yen for poor safety standards, and they'll have all the money they need.

Hey, she got 30K already.

The exact amount Asakusa estimated for the repairs they'd want!

Truly, her death was not in vain.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Loved them breaking down old school animating with that old machine

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

https://streamable.com/ncjjo

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Yes.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

chiasaur11 posted:

Asakusa is stupid when she gets excited about things.

When she can keep her cool, less so.

Unfortunately, anime is one of the things that gets her most excited.

Even keeping her cool seems less so as she was warned by Kanamori, said she would not mention anime and two sentences in mentioned anime.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

These three people have one brain cell each and Kanamori has all three.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

One thing I appreciate about this show is how it seems to really be emphasizing the tangible "costs of doing business", something that tends to get glossed over a lot in these types of shows. Kanamori being Kanamori is part of it but even in a wider more general sense there's a lot of discussion among the group to the effect of "how do we pay for any of this?", along with stuff like Mizusaki's sideways comment about how much animators are actually paid for the work they do (in their case: $0 :v:)

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
I hope one of the imagination/rough animation sequences ends up cutting to the POV of a teacher watching the girls running around making sound effects, holding up concept art etc.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Every imagination sequence I can't keep a big dumb grin off my face.

It helps that the music they use for those sounds like it's about to turn into a Pillows song at any second

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Really enjoying the creativity of the show so far.

Also took me until ep 2 to realize Kanamori's backpack is just two really large sneakers put together

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
So the couch has gotta be ruined from the rainstorm, right?

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Julias posted:

Also took me until ep 2 to realize Kanamori's backpack is just two really large sneakers put together

I didn't even notice it until this episode, and I thought it was a hosed up mouth of some kind for a split second because the laces looked like jagged teeth or something out of the periphery of my vision. It's a really cool backpack though.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

i thought they were gonna sell the designer couch for startup funds

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

ninjewtsu posted:

i thought they were gonna sell the designer couch for startup funds

The fact that Kanamori didn't suggest that or immediately use the video of Midori falling to pump the school for funding makes me think she's not as savvy as she thinks she is. Which, I don't know if that's a deliberate choice to make her kind of an idiot too, despite her financial sense, or just the show not wanting to do that and so making her kind of silly for not even considering those options.

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds
Wait, a random Japanese high school has a freakin' multiplane camera just rusting in a back room??? :gonk:

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
This show is super charming. I'm rooting for these two passionate dreamers and their shifty rat friend. I wonder how Mizusaki designing characters is going to go.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Mirage posted:

Wait, a random Japanese high school has a freakin' multiplane camera just rusting in a back room??? :gonk:

I'm expecting an explanation lol

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
They got it cheap when everything went digital and/or it's the reason other school buildings are falling apart because they're still paying for it.

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde
I like how the faculty office is actually a swimming pool.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

tsob posted:

The fact that Kanamori didn't suggest that or immediately use the video of Midori falling to pump the school for funding makes me think she's not as savvy as she thinks she is. Which, I don't know if that's a deliberate choice to make her kind of an idiot too, despite her financial sense, or just the show not wanting to do that and so making her kind of silly for not even considering those options.

I don't think we're meant to take her as an idiot for not resorting to blackmail and reselling gifts, judging from the scenes with her at the administrative office.

Pumping the school for funding is risky when there were no serious injuries and the video would show it was at least partially Midori being... herself. If she threatened them and couldn't secure things, she'd make a lot of enemies to no benefit. As for the couches, they got stabbed with a fork in the same conversation, and couches aren't very liquid anyway. Most people who'd pay better than regular couch prices would just buy new ones. Both could come up later, but I can think of reasons to not immediately go for them.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

watched the first episode and i like tall girl the best.

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Condiv posted:

watched the first episode and i like tall girl the best.

correct opinion

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

chiasaur11 posted:

I don't think we're meant to take her as an idiot for not resorting to blackmail and reselling gifts, judging from the scenes with her at the administrative office.

Pumping the school for funding is risky when there were no serious injuries and the video would show it was at least partially Midori being... herself. If she threatened them and couldn't secure things, she'd make a lot of enemies to no benefit. As for the couches, they got stabbed with a fork in the same conversation, and couches aren't very liquid anyway. Most people who'd pay better than regular couch prices would just buy new ones. Both could come up later, but I can think of reasons to not immediately go for them.

Also, it's really nice furniture and presumably comfy and why would they want to give them up (especially since they're probably not gonna fare too well in the storm in that shack)

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

helluva show to kick off the new decade with

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

sinky posted:

Asakusa pointed out that the School was put together really haphazardly.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
I'm surprised nobody's drawn Asakusa and Kanamori as Popuko and Pipimi yet.

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

sinky posted:

:aaaaa:

https://twitter.com/KenArto/status/1217046851490177026?s=20

Doctor Epitaph
Dec 22, 2008
https://twitter.com/KobayashisEgo/status/1216835151704887296?s=20

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Are they working in That Pool?

Daunte Vicknabb
Feb 22, 2005

You are already dead

sinky posted:

It's also worth noting that the thing going over it resembles the typical track crossing walkway you'll see at most smaller train stations in Japan. So just like every other location in the show it's very odd.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Man I love the intro and outro's for this show so much.

an_mutt
Sep 29, 2010

I was,
I am,
and I remain a soldier!

Sworn to dedicate my heart and soul to the restoration of human kind!

show's good

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
The school heard that successful businesses often have a typing pool, but something got lost in translation.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Man whenever I see Asakusa without her hat she looks unnatural.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
It took me a second to even realize it was a screencap from the second episode, and not a reaction image of some kind because Midori's family aren't notable characters and she looks so different there.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

tsob posted:

It took me a second to even realize it was a screencap from the second episode, and not a reaction image of some kind because Midori's family aren't notable characters and she looks so different there.

Not even that image in particular every time I see her without the hat she does not look right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
I do love how the rest of her family have pretty simple expressions of shock with normal eyes, while Midori looks goofy and weird as gently caress. Everything about her is just a little out of place. Her eyes are different sizes with dots for pupils, her mouth has a rougher shape, her hair is bedraggled and has odd looking angles framing her face etc. Even the fact she's presumably just out of the shower makes her look a bit off from the rest of the family, because she's wet and wearing a towel casually round her neck rather than dressed properly.