Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Please explain the bees.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Wark Say posted:

I... don't know what my deal is. I thought for the longest time I was bi since I've been in relationships with both men and women for all of my adult life, but after a number of things happened throughout these past 3 years in my personal life, I don't think I feel comfortable with things like saying "Oh, I'm like this". Like at some point I'm going to have to sit down and ask this to myself and like figure something out, but coming from a background where I used to get called "marica/maricon" (which are among the meanest homophobic slurs someone can drop on you at least down here in México) on a regular basis for most of his adolescence and part of his adulthood, I'd rather take my time. The one thing I'm sure as poo poo, though, is that I'm not straight.

A few things:
  • A couple of goons (mostly Burrito and i think Bees too?) have been sharing a bunch of LGBT comics with me via discord on the reg. Both know their poo poo real well (especially if they have tsundere characters, which I'm a sucker for)
  • I tend to like stories which are arts-driven (even though I failed to include it in my "Best of 2019", I absolutely loved Given), mostly due to the fact that one of the ways I earn money is arranging/composing/recording music via these badass babies.

That's why I go with "queer"; I find it to be a nice catch-all.

(by the way, I'm a queer enby)

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

God, this has gotten incredibly cute. I just hope Hiura starts using feminine pronouns soon.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

ToxicFrog posted:

:same:

idk maybe I can be someone else's vampire girlfriend someday

except I love garlic?

This is almost a LN title.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

ZiegeDame posted:

Does Bakarina count? Though I suppose any harem-type situation isn't necessarily complex.

Now that I think of Jitsu Wa had a decently intricate web of affections

I do feel like in the end it's strongly implied that everyone, including the girls, are "in friends" with Bakarina.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
It has an anime running this season. It's very sweet.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Just got on the Witch's Servant bandwagon and I'm just infatuated with it. The love quadrangle it has going is quite fun.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
The love polygon grows more complex.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

CYBEReris posted:

He got a body with boobs but that doesn't necessarily make it a girl's body. He wants to be a bride but that doesn't mean he wants to be a woman. He's still figuring himself out but his character as we're meant to understand it so far is "gently caress gender essentialism, i'm going to be cute and there's nothing you can do to stop me".

Yeah, this was my read as well. Rei is definitely some flavor of enby and based on the stuff in this chapter has never conformed to the binary in his heart.

Also it sounds like Sauro was the one who tipped off the Inquisitors to get Arsenio burned!

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Cephas posted:

Arsenio is definitely really gay for Sauro from the start. I think a big part of it is that Arsenio grew up with 1. rigid ideas about gender and sexuality and 2. lots of self-loathing from being labeled a monster and getting tortured/killed by his own religion. When he gets a girl's body, all the big gay feelings he has for Sauro are less taboo, and narratively he's disguised as a girl to get the key back so he is also playing with ideas like "should I ask him out on a date to see if I can find the key?" which is breaking down some of those mental barriers as well. He's also actively getting hit on by Sauro, which he's never had before. Another factor I think is that they mention since he was enchanted by wind magic, he's become smaller and daintier, which could psychologically prime him to express more vulnerable parts of himself that he normally kept locked away.

i can't believe a manga that started out with a horny fetlife cow king turned into the story i've felt the most representation in ever

And I mean, hormones are strong stuff. After going on HRT I was able to cry for the first time in a long time--or maybe it was the excuse helped me break that psychological barrier from my childhood. So it could be a mix.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
I loving love how Rei just exploded when Sauro was like "it looks like you don't care about gender and sex or whatever but it's a pretty big deal to us."

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
"How to Make a Girl Fall In Love" is being translated again, by the way.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Sounds like a pro-tip for bigots.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Witch's Servant is updating again, by the way!

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
I love the latest Witch's Servant. Just pure gender euphoria for Rei, it's delightful.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Oh Snapple! posted:

I think the best way to sum it up is essentially in coming to terms with and just accepting it. I've had a mentality for a few years now of "Nah, you're not bi, you're just a hosed up selfish piece of poo poo looking to hide behind a genuine identity." It's a big reason I've never been involved in any lgbtq threads here, and it's something I'm trying to get past.

Yeah, been there; both with my queerness and my transness. The little voice telling you that you're just an idiot trying to steal someone else's struggle to give yourself identity is an rear end in a top hat. Don't listen to that voice.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Local dog's brain breaks when confronted with our Heroes' Gender Problems in the latest Witch's Servant.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
It's essentially become a romance manga with some action in the background now and it's great.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
The latest Witch's Servant is just...Well look.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Carpator Diei posted:

If you ever want to pitch Witch's Servant in one sentence, it's got to be "The hot guy protagonist is the one who ends up getting his boobs fondled and it's actually really sweet."
Also, by this point I just really love how dedicated the translation is to making Betty aggressively Irish.

I think someone in this thread mentioned they accomplish this by phoning a cousin in Ireland and feeding the script through them to Irish-ify it.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Seshoho Cian posted:

i am a filthy woman who likes ladies and i am proud

drat straight.

wait.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Holy poo poo you guys, chapter 72 of Witch's Servant is romantic as all heck. I'm a little choked up at how sweet it is. I JUST WANT THESE KIDS TO BE HAPPY!

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Hmm, this is wholly understandable. Being called cute after a life of being AMAB is highly addicting.

God it is so hosed up that AMAB folk are almost never commented on their appearance.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Mikl posted:

In today's How to Make a Girl Fall in Love: hairstyles and napes.

You'll never convince me Hiura's not a trans girl who's laboriously hatching her egg.

I've seen a lot of chaste romance but this is a new level of chaste and I love it. And yes, egg is controversial (mostly when applied to other, real people), but when discussing manga it's fine in my opinion.

And at this point I'm honestly divided on how I feel about how Hiura may ultimately end up with their gender identity! Finding that they are trans would be lovely but being male and expressing their gender differently is also perfectly valid and beautiful.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
That is just such a cute manga. Also, I thought it was pretty funny that that girl was into 3D boys (as opposed to 2D boys).

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
I think I've finally hit on why I like How to Make a Girl Fall in Love. It's basically a standard will they/won't they romance manga except that one of the people we want to get together is an open and accepted gender nonconforming kid (or possibly trans, but I'll go with the former for now).

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

ZiegeDame posted:

I'm sure he's just doing something ridiculous and weird like molting so they can take the horns from his shed skin. I'm sure he'll come back in some form that is absurdly smooth and even more baby-like in a way that is deeply disturbing.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Snooze Cruise posted:

speaking of, they have a new series
https://mangadex.org/title/59151

"So it turned out my school was actually just positively filled with lesbian trans women waiting to come out..."

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
I finally got around to reading "Run Away With Me, Girl" and wow, what a lovely romance! Just a wonderful, fun read.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Well this sure is some fun light romantic poo poo. Shame it hasn't updated in months.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Latest Witch's Servant stirred up memories of not getting the presents I wanted when I was little because of gender.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
I've grown surprisingly fond of How to Make a Girl Fall in Love. This chapter makes me look forward to trying dresses and skirts in the spring.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Snooze Cruise posted:

i don't think i posted this one here before, motorcyle lesbians

Yes yes yes this is good poo poo.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Witch's Servant is so so much better than it has any right to be.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Basically, once Eric shows up in Witch's Servant, things start getting better. The north country arc is a bit of a turning point because they dig more into the gender stuff by then.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
It's always difficult, but in time you'll see it as one of the best decisions of your life. Congratulations!

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
I mean when it comes to trans-related manga, I'm always a supporter of The Witch's Servant And The Demon Lords Horns.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Endorph posted:

tbf the entire one piece fandom by and large seems to accept yamato as a dude, the twitter trend about it being a 'debate' was basically just a psyop to cause drama on twitter's part. if you went into the tag just as it started it was entirely support for the character, the arguing only started once twitter said there was an argument and people started quote-tweeting people who were just being stupid, not malicious (like not getting that transdudes exist, not being HEH YAMATO IS CLEARLY A WOMAN) and the whole thing was a mess.

in short, never let twitter dictate how you feel about other people! the moment you define yourself by opposition to something else, your soul has been replaced by a copy of the thing you hate!

As is usually the case, it's whoever is control of the Wiki who's being most publicly assholish.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

For how many days will he be able to resist??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

I am furious too. They look so tasty but they're so difficult that they're a disappointment and she can eat it like that? I hate her.