Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

Hi thread, I'm a lesbian and I have no idea what most of these things are, so thanks for all the reading material!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

Yeah, I remember hearing the original show was saved because of the overwhelming amount of letters they got, mostly from women. No idea if that's true, but it's a neat story.

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

Queer is weird because it is technically a slur, but it's also the easiest word to describe LGBT+ stuff. I don't feel comfortable when non queer people say it, so I try not to use it so I don't subtly 'encourage' it? I guess? Does that make sense?

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

Endorph posted:

i personally dont like 'queer' at all but if someone else wants to use it i dont care so long as they aren't acting like its like, the most 'progressive' word to say if that makes sense

lots of 'people who say queer are proud rebels, people who say gay are cowards' type posts ive seen, over the years

plus it kinda bugs me that people sometimes use 'queer' to describe something that's very much just, one thing. like yuri manga with no trans characters getting called 'queer' feels off to me.

I see where you're coming from. I usually just call it That Gay poo poo™ and people tend to get it, but I'm sure I've described Kase-san as a queer manga before too.

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

Nondevor posted:

p.s. anime is cool

IDK, anime is pretty gay imho.

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

Nondevor posted:

since being gay is cool
anime = cool; anime = gay

the math looks right to me

I'm sorry, I know I kinda sandbagged it with a stupid joke, but your post was pretty brave. It's scary putting yourself out there, and I just wanted to apologize for that. A lot of queer people struggle with imposter syndrome when figuring out how we feel exactly, and it's cool this thread has helped you understand stuff a bit better.

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

DisDisDis posted:

compliments on your asuka avatar :cheerdoge:

:cheerdoge:

Thanks. She speaks to my emo, lesbian soul.

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

Yeah, one thing I wish I knew early on was that the first queer identity you call yourself isn't something you have to stay married to forever if you find it doesn't fit as well as something else. Labels are cool and help you understand yourself, but they shouldn't define you. Queer acceptance is about being true to yourself, and if you're not, it kinda goes against the point.

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

Hoiseki no Kuni is incredible, I really hope we get more of it.

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

If dis punched me, I would die instantly and drop all of my ShikiAsu content as a reward.

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

Roth posted:

I'm the hipster that likes MGS2 the best

Hell yeah, twink game best game.

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

Pikestaff posted:

Hi I'm a lesbian and I like Pretty Cure

Hey, same!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

Snooze Cruise posted:

one day i will watch a precure and finally understand the complexities of Shinozaki-san Ki wo Ota Shika ni!

From what I read of it, they mostly reference Futari wa, Smile and Heartcatch.