Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
im gay and say watch akanesasu shoujo and read double house

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Viridiant posted:

I haven't gotten to read all of it yet but I liked what I did get to read of My Brother's Husband. Is the live action adaptation good?

Also any good recommendations for trans focused stuff?

do-do-double house

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
this chapter is good

i want the sexy lesbian lady to flirt with me too

Snooze Cruise fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Jan 8, 2020

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
To all the sisters out there supporting OL Romance and Gay Rights, I thank you

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
it will have more basketball than tsubame tip off

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
starting to get the impression that people mistake the thread title as a suggestion and not an order

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
we need to stop them gaining a foothold now, or they will start talking about the loud couple manga in here as well

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Watermelon Daiquiri posted:

how many trans bee people are there on this drat site

don't speak to this poster, they are a pooh bear after the honey

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

1, what the hell is this supposed to mean

winnie the pooh is a bear who eats honey, honey is made by bees

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
the mc in magical trans starts exclusively going to bed as a girl which they rationalize away with "i sleep better"

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
the only problem with magical trans is it reminds me of ero who pulled out the holy sword and how much i want more hero who pulled out the holy sword

Stalin-Chan posted:

I just want a trans manga that reflects the reality of being trans, so it should mostly just be shitposting on twitter and fundraising enough money to move across the country to live with your girlfriend.

not exactly what you are asking for but read Double House anyway

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
after finishing prunus make sure to read the author's other work https://mangadex.org/title/20597/seifuku-no-vampiress-lord

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

tweet my meat posted:

Hi, I'm bi and I love watching anime and smoking weed. Prunus was a pretty great read but honestly I don't read a ton of lgbtq stuff, I really should branch out. Is there much out there featuring decent gay characters that isn't necessarily focused on romance? I kinda prefer action or horror stories.

murcielago :unsmigghh:

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Seshoho Cian posted:

i know it's got it's problems but I just got caught up on Watamote and I've been really enjoying it. Because of how the series started and how the anime was, I was pleasantly surprised by how gay it is. I think it's neat how the series evolved from being a prototypical cringe comedy series to an actual reflection on pursuing friendships when being an anti-social outcast.

fuka is good

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
imo if you do skip in watamote do start a bit earlier than what people typically recommend, people always say the school trip but i think the series shifted into more character base stuff even before that which is worth reading

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

hello, read murcielago or i'll shoot ur cop rear end mod b*t*h

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
i believe so

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Cuntellectual posted:

Does anyone remember what that one genderbend manga was called where the main character abruptly enters a cocoon at one point and it's never brought up again?

Someone mentioned at one point it has an interquel, and I forgot the name. (Though apparently it does the "well im a girl now so i guess i like guys" thing)

oh i can't remember the name either but its boring

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
when reading the thread title there is a silent part that comes after aknesasu shoujo where it also says "read double house", you just got to trust me its there

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

everythingWasBees posted:

cw for like everything for yuureitou by the way it is just shamelessly pulp, both for better and for worse.

it is ultimately worth reading tho if you can look past that stuff, fun series

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

iospace posted:

Oh right, I've also watched the show in the title.

read Seifuku no Vampiress Lord

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

iospace posted:

Scans ran out

read "living with my former living brother (now dead) currently living wife (now mine wife)"

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

iospace posted:

Already am.

:v:

i will name something... you haven't read... eventually...
There's Weird Voices Coming from the Room Next Door!

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

iospace posted:

I was glad when that went on mangadex

read... Pink Rush

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
they are totally trans

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

this series is gut-wrenching and I think the worst thing to read if you don't want something tragic or sad

The ending is positive but everything up until that point is nonstop suffering.

if you are a messy bitch who lives for the drama tho its the chef's kiss

it's also extremely good

yea

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Akanesasu Shoujo got way too anime way to fast for my tastes.

but it is an anime...

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
i only use it as a descriptor when i see someone else use it negatively as a descriptor and then talk about something they do like that by their terms should also be "anime"

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Stalin-Chan posted:

So, I started watching akanesasu shoujo and the general vibe of the room was everyone hated it.

I cannot account for the tastes of my friends but that is a bad omen for me. I can kind of understand the criticism of it, although I found it alright.

ur friends sound lame

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Toalpaz posted:

WHOA I LOVE IT!

WHOA HIMEGOTO?!?

I LOVE IT!

the other himegoto toal

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
i hope i one day become a vtuber...

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I'm not sure why that himegoto is cancelled but the design of the MC is cute and thats all i know about it.

i never read it but honestly i appreciate it for the fact that it constantly causes this confusion because it makes me lol everytime

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
i will declare type moon woke in 24 hours if my demands are not met

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
its weird like a hot topic is weird

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
*in watchmen voice*
read it? i read it 35 minutes ago.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
it got way quicker to this point then i thought it would when i saw it posted in the shoujo thread lol

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
the focus of discussion always being on positive/negative representation also gets things to a point where things just get devalue into lists of bulletin points. over time this creates a diluted narrative people think proper lgbt stories need to fit into and push back against lgbt minority creators when their stories don't fit into and accepts the most rote corporate stories as "true" hallmarks of progressivism because they check some boxes.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
the important stuff with stories in regards to this stuff is ultimately giving spaces for lgbt creators to put their works out there.

to be clear, imo representation is important its just the way people talk about it is wrong typically. like its not something you should judge individual stories with on a pass/fail system and its not suppose to be the focus. its something you are suppose to use to talk more about the culture as a whole. and if you don't really care about pop culture as a whole you can like safely ignore it and just seek out the stuff ya like personally.

people online just kinda misapply media concepts in the wrong context and is misguided because like, often times these concepts are still created by a predominately non lgbt perspective.
so yeah, space is what is of the most importance

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Syenite posted:

Every once in a while I rediscover Tamen de Gushi and binge read it, and it is gay and cute every single time.

same but murcielago