Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

GorfZaplen posted:

Jealousy by Scarlet Beriko
The all-powerful DisDisDis lobby.

Really good, though! Just a reminder that it's full-on. :nws:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I... don't know what my deal is. I thought for the longest time I was bi since I've been in relationships with both men and women for all of my adult life, but after a number of things happened throughout these past 3 years in my personal life, I don't think I feel comfortable with things like saying "Oh, I'm like this". Like at some point I'm going to have to sit down and ask this to myself and like figure something out, but coming from a background where I used to get called "marica/maricon" (which are among the meanest homophobic slurs someone can drop on you at least down here in México) on a regular basis for most of his adolescence and part of his adulthood, I'd rather take my time. The one thing I'm sure as poo poo, though, is that I'm not straight.

A few things:
  • A couple of goons (mostly Burrito and i think Bees too?) have been sharing a bunch of LGBT comics with me via discord on the reg. Both know their poo poo real well (especially if they have tsundere characters, which I'm a sucker for)
  • I tend to like stories which are arts-driven (even though I failed to include it in my "Best of 2019", I absolutely loved Given), mostly due to the fact that one of the ways I earn money is arranging/composing/recording music via these badass babies.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Thanks for the words. :) It was really loving hard to post here because, again, I'm kinda figuring things out as I go which, normally while doing jams/code/etc I feel like I can roll with those punches a bit more easily.

Thuryl posted:

Have you read After Hours? It's a shortish (3-volume) yuri manga series about a woman who meets a DJ and gets introduced to the world of music.
I have not! And it looks right up my alley! Thanks.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Reposting from the other chat thread:

Julias posted:

Hey guys! For Black History Month the TGRS forum is doing a charity drive for the Transwomen of Color Collective, a nonprofit group run by and for Transwomen. They have a fund that helps women get off the street or help them escape abusive situations. If you would like to help donate and show solidarity with fellow goons, you can post about it here:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3913138

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Hey. Nondevor.

You rock buddy. :glomp:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I honestly think that is an upside. Like yeah, sometimes you wish you could get the full 16-18 page chapter treatment, but hell, sometimes the brevity works in the story's favor.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Watermelon Daiquiri posted:

is that one of those gungirl animes or whatever they are called?
Do you mean the "Girls with Guns" trilogy of anime (afaik they don't share a setting but they do share some similarities and even some staff, including writers, director, producers and even music composer in Yuki Kajiura)? Which are Noir, Madlax and El Cazador de la Bruja. Because yeah, there is plenty of subtext and plain-old text about wlw in all three.

If you mean guns anthropomorphized as girls, that's Girls' Frontline, which has a thread in the Mobile Gaming Sub-Forum but you can also inquire about here since a lot of ADTRW regulars play mobile games.

Wark Say fucked around with this message at 00:28 on Feb 4, 2020

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I think someone asked a couple of pages ago, and while very much :nws: (just as a warning to maybe not read it at work) + having their romance blossom, Yuki and Matsu has some really badass action setpieces. It's also officially translated and I think it even got a physical release at some point?

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
What was the name of that anime/manga where there are two little... I want to say faes that live in the forest and are married and it's pretty much about their daily lives? I remember more than one goon gushing about how it looked awesome/pretty and I wanted to watch it, but I forgot the name. :shobon:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Thank you both! I will go watch that once I'm done with work today!

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Endorph posted:

it's not really related but I love the scene where Kokutou goes on a five minute rant about drugs that is just, completely wrong on every level, and when asked about this Nasu just went 'As a college student, I assumed that Kokutou would know a lot about drugs that are used in the nightclub scene. I, the author, did not know a lot about the nightclub scene."
lol, that loving rules.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Endorph posted:

nasu spent all day watching utena and playing dungeons and dragons, you cant expect him to have been to hip 90s japanese parties.
Those are pretty good pastime activities.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Hakata Tonkotsu Ramens is like if Durarara and Killer7 adopted a baby.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

dogsicle posted:

and they're both guys
Pretty much, yeah. :hai:

Also, the next volume drops in like 2 weeks! :woop:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Indeed.

Now, can someone help me remember a series' name? It was about a gloomy-ish girl that draws manga, but then the class idol (or was she a gyaru? I don't recall) starts saying how she's really cool and all and they basically start dating from there?

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
You rock real hard. Thanks! :)

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I'm gay and stupid.
:same:

I also enjoy stupidly loud colors, stupidly hot pizzas and stupidly loud amps, despite the fact that I should wear earplugs any time I even flirt with dialing my favorite "caveman bloodletting ritual" distortion + putting the volume above 2 in any of my obnoxiously loud amps.

With the exception of my Fender Twin Reverb and maybe my Mesa Express + 5:25, all of my amps are obnoxiously loud. Even the loving practice amp.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Snooze Cruise posted:

actually i am a genius
Do you have an evil laugh, tho'?

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
:kimchi:

Also that one rear end in a top hat editor from Tadokoro-san broke my hardboiled-loving girl's heart! :mad:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Squiddycat posted:

How to properly support your trans gf: lots of headpats

Source: my gf
General hair-playing works, too! :3:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Mr. Fowl posted:

This is almost a LN title.
Almost? I counted +10 words, that's pretty much prime LN title territory and the plot. We just need a Pixiv or Twitter artist and we're set. :)

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
The moment I saw "Cute Boys Doing Hip-Hop Things", I figured that Subaru Kimura would be somehow involved.

Now I'm actually somewhat looking forward to it. :3:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Snooze Cruise posted:

glomp onto you, the hit uwuqel
:glomp:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Aurora posted:

i agree, which is why dis not watching all of symphogear invalidates their opinions
Listen we're only 10 years away from all Anime and Manga being Symphogear. Dis will get there when the time comes.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Julias posted:

I don't know how to break this to you this Wark, but Symphogear...is over.
It's never over, drat it! It's never over. :cry:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

everythingWasBees posted:

you know what also has a love triangle and deals with a ramifications thereof?
I've been thinking: What's the manga/anime/LN with the most complex... love-geometric shape?

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Maria probably falls the hardest for Bakarina. Mary is probably the most intense, though.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Wasn't there a short-page-count per chapter (4 to 5 pages) manga of a cute m-t-f MC that starts her journey because her neighbor/childhood friend is a boss at doing makeup and she decides that she likes it so much that she literally decides to transition/starts id'ing as a girl in class and realizes that she likes her childhood friend? I recall it because it's black and white but the eyes for the 2 MC's were colored. Don't recall if it was posted itt or the Shoujo/Josei/Romance thread.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
That Fender Strat with the cherry red pickguard is so drat choice. :swoon:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Also, if we're allowed to make a small digression towards guitar-related stuff, Vivian Tylinska is a loving rad lady.

https://twitter.com/bastard__wing/status/1249842764558168064?s=20

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Dang it, please don't jinx it!

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
vvvv e: Space Flower is right. Fuggedaboudit, Bees. I said nothin'. vvvv

Wark Say fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Apr 14, 2020

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Inspired by Ibram reminding me that Vampiress Lord is a thing, I've been re-reading it from the start and now I'm mad about my choices in tracksuits. :mad:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I wouldn't lie to Dis. I would encourage them to discover the absolute power that only the banzai drop can provide. :colbert:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Are there any decent-to-good Sorceress/Witch/Wizard/Warlock/General Magus(Magi? Is that the proper plural form of magus?) LGBT manga?

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

The Colonel posted:

you're prob thinking of joshikousei no mudazukai

not a big thing but it had a lesbian char
Also a fan of BL!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AsPUJ2JIqPA

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Oh, and thanks for the magus-centric recommendations! The wife had a dream the other day and from that dream came this idea that goes "What if instead of lovely dating apps, magic cabals of Witches/Warlocks who were into LGBT relationships were a thing and they helped each other match and occasionally help non-magic people for some moolah?" and I think this is her first non-horror idea where it feels like she might want to write something down long form (she usually writes short horror movies), so she wants to do research and me to sorta help her write the treatment. Appreciate it!

My wife saw this image and she went :kimchi: "That's looks so scene and adorable!"

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Is he kicking the bed in embarrassment/excitement? :kimchi:

vvvv e: noted. :)

Wark Say fucked around with this message at 18:57 on May 3, 2020

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Squiddycat posted:

How's the dub
Luci Christian and Brittney Karbowski put a good showing as Cocona and Papika, so it has that going for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I think you meant to write "nowadays" or something in that ballpark but I totally understand what you're getting at.

Also, question: Are there any good LGBT manga with horror as the focus?