Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i'm a lesbian, and i read about lesbian

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
yoshiyuki tomino's attributed gundam's enduring success and popularity to women so there's not a ton of reason to doubt any of it

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

everythingWasBees posted:

the real problem with that chart is none of the g-reco guys are in it

klim nick is woke

esselfortium posted:

I watched Utena for the first time a few months ago and I was kind of surprised at how aggressively het it was for such an iconic Gay Show™. I enjoyed it generally, but it sure wasn't what I expected from everything I'd heard about it over the years.

the gay stuff is honestly way stronger in the movie and, weirdly, the saturn game. though the het routes in the saturn game range from kinda funny to not great and there are more of them than gay routes, and while saionji's is funny it really doesn't work dramatically and the bonus anthy ending and most of juri's scenes are way funnier than anything in his route

half of juri's route is just her kicking your rear end at fighting games, it owns

The Colonel fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Jan 28, 2020

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i think utena is a decent show with a fun sense of humor and it's cool that the saturn game literally has an ending that's literally just the main character saying "being gay is good"

but probably did not save lesbians and isn't literally the only true queer anime in existence

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

tweet my meat posted:

Hi, I'm bi and I love watching anime and smoking weed. Prunus was a pretty great read but honestly I don't read a ton of lgbtq stuff, I really should branch out. Is there much out there featuring decent gay characters that isn't necessarily focused on romance? I kinda prefer action or horror stories.

flip flappers and akanesasu shoujo are action shows with gay leads

planet with is a pretty decent action show with a really good arc centering around two gay side characters who get a lot of fun bits outside of it too

re:cutie honey is an older gainax ova that centers around the relationship between two women, but has an equal focus on fun action. don't watch any other cutie honey shows because most of the others are not very good, including the manga, which uh re shares virtually nothing in common with

e; oh i probably should've thought of manga

The Colonel fucked around with this message at 23:19 on Feb 3, 2020

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
bloom is a pretty good romance thing that gets really really good whenever it focuses on one of the side characters and apparently had a good ending i haven't read the manga

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Endorph posted:

*nodding* kirika and shirabe

i hope wild arms 6 has kirika and shirabe in it

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Watermelon Daiquiri posted:

Ahhh, ok. Honestly fate seems rather impenetrable to me lol

people like to act like fate is impenetrable cause there's so much of it but tbh you can just kinda jump into any fate thing that seems interesting to you. most of it isn't too hung up on the audience having a perfect grasp of the setting, like with el-melloi you don't really need to see fate/zero to get the premise of a depressed gay detective investigating magic mysteries while despairing over his gay crush on king iskandar, who he played a bad sega saturn war strategy game with once

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
johnny depp willy wonka isn't that weird or traumatizing, it's mostly just dull

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i can't believe after all these years dis finally said their famous catchphrase

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
it's just carrying on the dna of re:cutie honey

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
yeah i havent seen promare yet so i actually dunno how much is in it

i can forgive re:cutie honey for giving an "excuse" to the big kiss scene cause like. the ova as a whole still pretty much is entirely based around their relationship and it's literally the only time in the history of that ip that they've both been a couple and not had a tragic death scene splitting them apart

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

skaianDestiny posted:

Where's the love triangle that explicitly turns into a polycule.

https://dynasty-scans.com/series/luminousblue

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Snooze Cruise posted:

https://mangadex.org/title/47200/chandelier

E: the law contacted me to say to add this :nws:

good

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
maybe i will watch bakarina.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
it's people being transphobic. that's the comments everyone. that is the secret of the mangadex comments

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
BIG lily marble chapter

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/lily_marble_ch31

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
women loving women

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
one of naoko kodama's cleanest manga yet

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
if dis punched me, i would simply die, to make them feel good about their strength

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
new fusoroi no renri

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
you're prob thinking of joshikousei no mudazukai

not a big thing but it had a lesbian char

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
here it is coming out of nowhere today to deck me in the face, with The Good

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/will_these_words_reach_you#1

story about a depressed ol with poor english skills going on vacation on a tropical island and meeting a spanish woman who's studying english, and the relationship they form together without really being able to speak through words very well

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
new pocha climb

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
*reading strawberry panic* Wait a second... *looks at tvtropes* This is just like Maria-sama ga Miteiru! What the heck!

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

https://dynasty-scans.com/series/song_about_a_piece_of_junk
hadn't heard of this manga before, but it started getting scans again and i've enjoyed what i've read of it. really nails the dynamic of two depressed teens who just kinda fell in super close together

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
just ask people for recs or somethin there's people in here who read it

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
gimmick lesbians come together we are all gonna beat this drat nes game and be sure to collect the six hidden items and never game over so you can get the true ending

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
you had to type two words and instead you typed a thousand

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
prequel to There's Weird Voices Coming from the Room Next Door got scanned

:nws:https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/5_4_girlfriend:nws:

good poo poo (warning: it has a few pages of sex in it)

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/tonight_with_vanilla_and_chocolate_mint

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
poor poor lips is decent

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i wish the thing that got more people reading luminous=blue was that it's a sweet yuri manga with a fun ending and beautiful art, instead of cause a lesbophobe fixated on giving it a lovely description

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
well, it's a good manga and more people should read it

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
another thing is that description is obviously just someone getting mad at the author's other manga up on dynasty about a love triangle that ends with the two lesbians getting together and the guy just being like "well. i guess being gay won and i'll accept this and live peacefully."

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

QueenOfTheEvening posted:

The tgrs thread can't hurt you anymore

holy poo poo

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
still thinking about the classic yuri anime strawberry panic's method of establishing a character as deceitful

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i think strawberry panic might legitimately be one of the funniest anime i've ever watched when it tries to be

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
there are a few bits of strawberry panic i think could be better but largely honestly i think it's better than people give it credit for. it's a genuinely really fun show and a few of its big moments are actually pretty decently executed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
it has good things, and it has bad things

tbh the anime wasn't really any different, in the end

The Colonel fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Jun 27, 2020