Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

GorfZaplen posted:

Jealousy by Scarlet Beriko

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
also read this https://mangadex.org/title/21893/otome-danshi-ni-koisuru-otome

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

GorfZaplen posted:

Jealousy by Scarlet Beriko

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
compliments on your asuka avatar :cheerdoge:

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
i was probated while this was a current topic of discussion but i would just like to say

love stage is good because i like gay stuff where the bottom looks like a nerd girl who dresses like a boy

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
Also I found out the femme4femme couple in the outlawed butch butch love dystopia manga looks like this so i'm finally gonna read it

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
We're not gonna pull anyone's gay/trans card or demand people unclear about their identities have worked it out enough to say 'i'm x' to be allowed to post here.

also no one has to do the 'sorry if im ___ trash' self putdown thing in here (not calling you out just in general for anyone who might come in here) all the people in here i know personally in here are chill i think and id encourage everyone to be nice to themselves

happyp osting :cheerdoge:

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Waci posted:

I mean we're like a page past the no straights allowed decision so even if that kind of doubt is unnecessary it's not surprising?

i was in catjail when it happened n my brain is too glazed over rn to tease out the subtle context but i think the spirit of 'no allyposting' might just be 'dont be weird and performative about interacting with gay/trans people instead of just talking like your normally do on the internet forum' not 'straight people dont post here.'

i would clarify 'dont be weird and performative' with you really, genuinely don't need to self deprecate a certain amount to not get yelled at we're all normal and don't bite'

i made my first posts here literally today tho and prob need to go play etrian odyssey for the rest of the night

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
it is really great and has just gotten better and better in ways i did not expect at all having totally bought into the initial premise as it's gone on

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
https://mangadex.org/title/432/renai-idenshi-xx

ADTRW Renai Idenshi XX Simulread

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Namtab posted:

Thanks dis

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Whens the ADTRW Simuwatch of Love Stage

right here baby https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3908412&pagenumber=3#post502167252

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
gently caress!!!!!!!

great look though

e; someone post the femme couple

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Post the drat hotdog page so i dont have to find it

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
that description got me interested but man day of revolution sure is about a girl being stalked by the four horsement of comphet

well that's every (shoujo) genderbender though

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
luv this look though

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
It's unfair to lay the issues of a subgenre at the feet of one example of it but god this genre frustrates me so much

e: the anecdote about the fans is really cool though and I'm glad you shared it bakanin

DisDisDis fucked around with this message at 09:17 on Feb 3, 2020

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
also i have a recommendation for aces cures planes

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

tweet my meat posted:

Hi, I'm bi and I love watching anime and smoking weed. Prunus was a pretty great read but honestly I don't read a ton of lgbtq stuff, I really should branch out. Is there much out there featuring decent gay characters that isn't necessarily focused on romance? I kinda prefer action or horror stories.

Jealousy by Scarlet Beriko and Yuureitou by Tarou Nogizaka

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

skaianDestiny posted:

I'm well aware lol

i've heard the spinoff about their daughter by a different author is actually what you would want the main thing to be (non weird, kobayashi wife posts a lot) though i havent actually read it

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
it's (yuureitou) epic cuz it's like all the hosed up gory poo poo i love and don't bat an eye at that doesn't have gay and trans characters, but it has gay and trans characters

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
Read Jealousy,

by Scarlet Beriko :)

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
what sketchy place do i have to go to to read nabari no ou digitally

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Snooze Cruise posted:

they are totally trans

extremely trans and incredibly dope

everythingWasBees posted:

this series is gut-wrenching and I think the worst thing to read if you don't want something tragic or sad

The ending is positive but everything up until that point is nonstop suffering.

nodding you should all read it and also Gunjou

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
bokura no hentai was pretty popular in the shoujo thread for a while.

think i liked it when i read it but i probably wouldn't these days

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
the good Himegoto is good actually

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
the author of the allegedly bad Himegoto designed and voices a boy youtuber i think is cute so it;s impossible to say etc

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
edit: vtuber

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
i think people would do better to point out specifically what they dislike about something instead of using the word for the entire medium as a vague pejorative

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
to clarify not cuz i even care about the pejorative part that much but just because no one knows what anyone else means by it

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Hungry posted:

I enjoy a lot of stuff that isn't explicitly "we are scissoring off screen 24/7" but is still obviously lesbian coded. I hate that term, is there a better one?

just say lesbian but be prepared for progressive straight guys to launch into passionate explanations of the many multi-faceted meanings of "daisuki" when you do

to the above I don't think you have to overthink whether Lin is really a positive represenation of x if he makes you happy.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

RottenK posted:

you're right, regardless of what the author intended Lin is cool and good

I mean from watching it (really need to finish that last episode sometime) I don't think they could have intended anything bad. Like I'm sort of confused what there is to think about in regards to him being 'positive' rep or not. At any rate him and the show made me very happy.

Anyway, let's make pitching and catching jokes

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
I'm a big fan of his sister's gf, fursonally

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Endorph posted:

And for all of KnK's faults I know at least three people who realized they were nonbinary because of it, so. Yet another example of 'its more about an earnest attempt to engage than checking off boxes' because Kara no Kyoukai literally has a random guy go insane and dress up as Ryougi and go on a murder spree, it seems to literally think of Ryougi's male and female halves as two separate identities, and it's REALLY hung up on the idea that wearing a coat is the most hosed up thing someone assigned female at birth could possibly do and must mean Ryougi is impossible to understand. And people still get a lot out of it.

All of this is why it's the best nb rep in anime though.

Although imo I always thought their kimono (not sure if this or a yukata, the blue one specifically) was a really masculine look whereas a short red leather jacket like that is much more feminine.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

esselfortium posted:

hakata tonkotsu ramens was amazing and deserved more attention, lin is an absolute icon, season 2 when?

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
I like Lin to be the catcher for self insert reasons :angel:

I think authorial intent is pretty impossible to divine in these situations. Like something like Otome Danshi I can say feels like a very genuine representation of someone living while gender nonconforming (anyone else always want to abbreviate this to gender noncon before thinking for 5 seconds) but Hakata just isn't about day to day details that are relatable in that way. However, it treats all its gay n etc chars including Lin very kindly, I would say.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
Like most of my favorite gay stories are about evil and horrible people so I don't think this is the litmus test for "good representation" (or well, most of what I like and connect to would be considered "bad" rep by bad people) but Hakata's a very "warm" narrative that gay people form community and all end up in better places over the course of, iirc.