Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
Any opinions on Tamen De Gushi/Their Story?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

Sindai posted:

It's really good up until the very jarring and obvious point where it was no longer allowed to have gay characters.

Where specifically?

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

lih posted:

not long after the two leads finally kiss it suddenly abandons having any real plot and becomes only the disconnected slice of life vignettes that were previously less of a focus. it's still gay though but not as directly. i've heard this was because they ran into trouble trying to publish physical copies specifically due to the kiss scene and china's media censorship rules.

Is it after the Ferris wheel kiss or before that?

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

RottenK posted:

i thought that "queer" was a universal slur agaisnt all lgbt people, wouldn't a reclaimed version of it also work for any part of the gender/sexuality spectrum?

i dont use it myself so no idea

Queer has been reclaimed for decades. The slogan "We're here, we're queer, get used to it" has been used since the 90's by LGBT activists.

The whole "queer is a slur" thing has been mostly a false flag by TERFs who want to divide the community, with a lot of younger LGBTQIA teens parroting the rhetoric without knowing their history.

skaianDestiny fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Feb 2, 2020

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

Endorph posted:

people being uncomfortable with a term isn't a 'false flag by TERFs'

everythingWasBees posted:

I use queer a lot to refer to myself but like "smear the queer" is still a game that is played to this day. I know a lot of people in their twenties who were called that before being beaten up. nowadays people just use human being, but like acting like it hasn't been used as a slur relatively recently is just false.

If you don't want to use queer, then I entirely respect it, the same way some people wouldn't want to use the label "gay" or whatever because of their own circumstances.

I'm specifically referring to "queer is a slur and nobody should use it, because I said so" rhetoric, which has been bandied about by proven TERF accounts, similar to the hate against asexual people. Like all reclaimed slurs, usage of the term is not universal, and I'm not demanding it should be, but a lot of my friends needed the term queer in relation to their own identities. Thus I'm not a fan of anyone who wants to blanket-ban the term queer, especially when they turn out to be transphobic.

I'm not sure how else to read it

Endorph posted:

it 100% is

Again, I'm not trying to insinuate that or force anyone to use it, and I'm sorry if it came across as that. I just wanted to point out that queer has been reclaimed for a long while by LGBT+ people, and that a lot of the pushback I've personally seen was done by TERFs.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

Nondevor posted:

I’ve been struggling to post in this thread because of feeling some major imposter syndrome (despite definitely being not cis/straight at all), but seeing stuff like Wark’s post & the current discussion has encouraged me to at least try? Sorry if it’s too disjointed.
If it helps, one of my closest friends has the same sort of confused feelings regarding what specifically their identity is, and identifying as queer has definitely helped them a ton with that.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
I wish Maid Dragon was more gay and less pedophiliac, but at least I have it to thank for introducing me to a lot of my friends and thus by extension helping me realize I'm trans and gay.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

if it makes you feel any better that's one of his less problematic series

I'm well aware lol

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
How's Bloom Into You by the way?

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
Where's the love triangle that explicitly turns into a polycule.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

SunAndSpring posted:

I am in a media hell where every media (not just anime/manga) dealing with trans women is either:
1. Something made in the 70s-90s that has straight trans women but is dated at best and actively transphobic at worst
2. Something made in the 21st century that is not transphobic, but is about wlw and therefore I don't relate to it a bit.

This genuinely upsets me, I got absolutely nothing I can relate to in broader media. I can read straight romance stuff with cis people I guess but there's always that nagging feeling at the back of my head that this doesn't line up well with my own experiences.

It doesn't really deal with it exclusively per se, but the webcomic Questionable Content has a trans woman who's dating a dude and it treats her pretty well.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

This is not a straight thing to say.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
I'm posting it here cause anime spoilers but oh my god someone wrote a fic where the Maria/isekai!Katarina route is a DLC for Fortune Lovers and how people react to it on social media. It's loving amazing.

https://archiveofourown.org/works/17146268

quote:

Katarina is super easy to grind affection for. She loves sweets, so I just jam those down her throat at every opportunity. It's nice to have something basic after Sirius's absolute garbage mess of a route unlock.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

The Colonel posted:

here it is coming out of nowhere today to deck me in the face, with The Good

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/will_these_words_reach_you#1

story about a depressed ol with poor english skills going on vacation on a tropical island and meeting a spanish woman who's studying english, and the relationship they form together without really being able to speak through words very well

Aaaaaaaaaaa so cute!

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
Holy poo poo

https://twitter.com/stjepansejic/status/1264133193944440833

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

Nitrousoxide posted:

Isn't that webtoon just a rip-off of "goblin is strong"?

What? No? It's completely different. I have absolutely no idea what makes you think that.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

Nitrousoxide posted:

Absurdly strong antagonist/love interest/friend interest female demon Lord/goblin who repeatedly defeats the female protagonist, killing them and their party, over and over despite the overtures they make to them.

Same respawn mechanic wherein the dead adventures turn into caskets immediately wherein they're teleported to the church for revival, and the revival costs money, which if they fail to pay they die forever.

The antagonist love interest ends up killing the protagonist so many times they that legitimately endanger their ability to revive due to lack of funds.

This causes them to realize their affection for the protagonist and sets off the series of events that lead to them befriending each other.

The peculiarities of the story differ of course what the broad story beats and setting are the same between the two.

Besides the coffin stuff that the others have talked about, those "similarities" are so broad that you might as well say that Battlestar Galatica is a ripoff of Space Battleship Yamato or that Batman and the Punisher are the same.

Not to mention you misrepresent the story beats and gloss over a lot of what makes the two stories completely different in order to try and make your point.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

DisDisDis posted:

wait it does?

skaianDestiny fucked around with this message at 10:30 on May 24, 2020

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

Watermelon Daiquiri posted:

??? I didn't -make- you misunderstand me. I'm sorry if you have some trauma in your past that causes you to react to things beyond what other people expect, believe me I get that whole-heartedly. And I'm sorry if it caused some pain for you. But I don't have control over your brain so ultimately how you respond to things is entirely under your own control.

Ultimately I was commenting on the lack of het trans stuff that I could find, and qualifying that with my own observations about this thread. That's it. Assuming 'gimmick' is a remark on you (in the broad sense here) is an overreaction, and honestly I have no idea what calling lesbian sexuality a 'gimmick' is supposed to mean, anyways. Could y'all please tell me where your minds are going there?

Recs would be nice, but people have asked in the past and nothing has really come of it, unfortunately :/

You do know what gimmick means right? And how it's usually applied in a derogatory fashion?

Like for fucks sake is it really so hard to say "I'm sorry I used the wrong word, I didn't mean that" instead of loving doubling down and making a "no, you should be sorry for misinterpreting my words" nothing of an "apology"?

I don't feel like sharing any of the het trans stories I know because of how you're reacting to all this.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
Can we have an LGBT+ Discord?

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

DisDisDis posted:

the adtrw chat thread discord is full of homos

drat

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

What was the name of this again?

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

I Am Fowl posted:

I love the latest Witch's Servant. Just pure gender euphoria for Rei, it's delightful.

God I know that first time skirt feel.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
I don't have a sub rn but here's an old pic of my catgirl in her astro uniform while leveling.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
I'm a girl and I like girls.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
I mean it falls under the same issues that fetishization of any minority/sexuality by a cishet person has problems.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

skaianDestiny posted:

I'm a girl and I like girls.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
I finished Accept My Fist of Love. Very good.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

Snooze Cruise posted:

New photos have been discovered in Photos of a Husband's Infidelity?

What's this about?

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

T-man posted:

i love girls so much i became one :smugdroid:

Same

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
I just like being a girl who likes girls.

Speaking of is there any transgender lesbian stuff? Most of the transgender girl-adjacent things I've seen rec'd are straight.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
I just found out Venus from Heaven's Design Team is a trans woman and I love her already.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bSNe2Akc-g

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

egg tats posted:

that's illegal he's too horny to do this

Not anymore he's not!

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
Y'all know you can edit the Wikipedia entry right? It's literally the entire point of Wikipedia?

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

goblin week posted:

The "entire point" of Wikipedia is to give the monopoly of curating public knowledge to white men who have "proven their worth as editors" by writing five thousand transformers articles

That just sounds like you need to start working on those transformers articles fam.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

This is really good.

I want the body Chiaki had before he had his surgery but goddamn do I relate to that sort of dysphoria and need for family acceptance.

Why can't there be like a venmo for body parts. Just have trans mascs and trans femmes swap the parts they don't want for the ones they do.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

Wark Say posted:

So, it's been a couple of weeks since I made a decision and while I'm still trying to figure stuff out about... well, shitloads of things actually! I've decided to, at the very least, stop going for he/him and start using they/them. It's probs gonna be hard as heck going forward, but my wife, my parents, my daughter + her wife and my bandmates have already accepted that I'm no longer ID'ing as a man, so hopefully I have that wiggle room. I've spent 8 years of my life coming to these forums and spending a bunch of time around this particular sub-forum and, well, here goes nothing. :)

Congrats! Having your friends and family accept you is definitely a very good feeling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
If anyone's fine with reading a 1 million word completed quest based on Bleach that's so much more gay (and in a way that ties into the story's themes) and focuses on a group of characters who got screwed over in the original story and fleshes them out in a way that blows the original out of the water, I highly recommend Now You Feel Like Number None:
https://forums.sufficientvelocity.com/threads/now-you-feel-like-number-none-bleach-arrancar-quest.37531/
Story only:
https://forums.sufficientvelocity.com/threads/now-you-feel-like-number-none-bleach-arrancar-quest.37531/reader/

The protagonist is this cute gay moth she's great

She's also based vaguely on Hollow Knight stuff too

Lesbians and gays and poly gets represented here and treated with both seriousness and being key parts of both the theming and story. Also here's a good line:

quote:

“What? No girl that short and wearing only tracksuits could possibly be straight.”

Also the action scenes are loving top notch and really nail the feeling of anime fights along with epic mythology stuff.

If you want feels it's got a fuckload of them too. Both heartwarming and heartwrenching. Monsters learning to reclaim their humanity in the face of an unforgiving world.

Did I mention it's way more gay?

skaianDestiny fucked around with this message at 22:04 on May 18, 2021