Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://mangadex.org/chapter/940339/1

I need more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Cephas posted:

Are there any good manga that deal with being lesbian, bi, or trans with that kind of heavier, psychological treatment? I feel like most of the gay psychological dramas I've read are mostly about gay guys, like this one and Shimanami Tasogare. Trans ones I can think of off the top of my head are bokura no hentai and that one seifuku one about the three hot mess characters and their awful relationships

Sometimes I just want vicarious catharsis through anime suffering

I forget the name offhand but there's the one about the crossdressing cafe, somewhat? Someone here definitely knows what I mean.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Endorph posted:

They're asking for something a lot heavier than even the heavier chapters of Love Me, is the thing. Like it gets into the psychology of things and characters have stuff to unpack but the gay dude manga they're asking for things similar to but about lesbians had a suicide attempt, a guy with a lover who was like three times his age, and a scene where the MC yells at his mother that he hates her for giving birth to him.

I remember asking about that awhile back and people not really having much in the way of yuri, that seems to be more yaoi territory for whatever reason.

People did have a few yaoi recs though.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I can't get past the art. I'm shallow.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

DisDisDis posted:

the arts really fuckin good :blastu:

I won't disagree, but I don't like it. The ears are just too fuckin weird.

I was kinda eh on the story otherwise anyways. I'm glad it exists and would like if more stuff like it came out, though.

e: I think I'd like the story if it was a bit more grounded. I don't need stories to be 100% realistic or anything but it just didn't grab me for reasons I can't quite articulate.

Acerbatus fucked around with this message at 16:37 on Jul 21, 2020

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

a cartoon duck posted:

the art is the best part of gunjo

maybe there are really good scenes too but when I think of the art I think of stuff like this which is just... not good?

DisDisDis posted:

personally i really hated how the part with the lesbian's ex went

i weirdly kinda grew up with this manga due to how long it took to release so i cant give a v useful summary beyond 'i like it'

how far in was that, or for that matter is it still ongoing? I only read like 6 chapters.

I think the reason I don't like it is I don't find the protagonists interesting or sympathetic, and also kinda dim. I like the premise but since I don't like the characters I don't find it engaging.

I know a big part of it is the weird abusive sorta co-dependent relationship the two have going on, but it seemed like it would've been more in character for the one woman to just let the other one take the rap for everything and move on, idk.

Acerbatus fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Jul 21, 2020

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Watermelon Daiquiri posted:

I legit have no idea what i was saying that to. It might have been the subtle horniness in the post above but idk

What on earth do you mean by that?

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I feel bad for them both.

It's easy to see Sakura as just being an insensitive jerk or whatever, but considering how old she is and how she saw her parents reacting it's not a surprise she has no idea how to properly deal with her emotions and is just confused and hurt by it all.

Though more on Mogu specifically it's been so long I forget; What happened to their friend? I thought she was getting along with Mei or something last we saw.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://mangadex.org/chapter/991395/1

Handsome girl and sheltered girl is good and continues to make progress. :3:

relatable.

Acerbatus fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Aug 11, 2020

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I mean without knowing what kind of person you're attracted to, wouldn't you?

So cool. :swoon:

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I respect her choices, but I would've liked to see her in a proper suit...

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I Am Fowl posted:

I love the latest Witch's Servant. Just pure gender euphoria for Rei, it's delightful.

What does gender euphoria mean, anyways?

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ToxicFrog posted:

It's when you feel actually happy about your gender presentation or the way people are interacting with you in a gendered way or your performance of gender & how it's perceived in general, as opposed to just kind of tolerating it or feeling dysphoria

I'm not sure I get it but it sounds like a good thing. :cheerdoge:

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm learning that there's more non-cis people in ADTRW than I might have assumed and why some stuff I've said in the past might've stepped on more people's toes than I intended it to.

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

I don't play FF14 because I want stuff like iframes and perfect attacks in games, so I play pso2 instead, that's close enough. And it's my own personal dysphoria assuager, so that's relevant enough, right?

My MCast and FCast:

Making cute guys in this game is extremely hard but I feel extremely satisfied when I manage to actually do it. Lets me get the happiness of doing and wearing things I could never get away with in reality by virtue of having poo poo like broad shoulders that will never be able to make any form-accentuating outfit look good.

I keep meaning to play pso2 but it just won't be the same as PSO1.

I love the aesthetics of the androids and weapons in those games, though.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I agree with galaxy brain bird, being attracted to who you are attracted to is a good way to live life.

Endorph posted:

its a sweet sentiment but 'attracted to both sexes by nature, most just havent accepted that' is, uhhh

i get what they mean from one direction but if you flip it to think about gay people its a little rough

I mean you COULD read that into it, but taking into account everything he's saying I don't think that's what he's saying.

I know a gay guy who had a real breakdown because he was attracted to a girl, and I bet most people here can think of a time a straight person they know got nervous because they found someone of the same gender attractive.

The point isn't "you're not REALLY gay" or that you need to give every man/woman a chance, it's that if you find you DO end up being attracted to someone of a gender you aren't usually attracted to it's fine! It doesn't make you weird or a fake or anything, don't lose sleep over it (or any more than you would over any other crush).

Hell I'm normally attracted to women and I'm dating a guy simply because I was attracted to him as a person enough that gender wasn't important. :shrug:

Acerbatus fucked around with this message at 05:16 on Aug 29, 2020

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://mangadex.org/title/56023

Two pretty cute yuri oneshots. First one had a hint of realness to it, or at least I could relate to it as opposed to it just being fluff.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

everythingWasBees posted:

I do not think that there is a term I hate more
right now than egg

I disliked egg analogies before it was cool.

mostly due to the idea that "hatching an egg" was like, a personal achievement.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
That manga that was kinda like brother's wife, tatoe todokanu Ito da to Shite mo ended and man that was abrupt. I was kinda getting into it too.'

:sigh:

Acerbatus fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Oct 22, 2020

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Roid is finished being translated.

https://mangadex.org/title/35600

I thought it was alright though I'd have liked it if it was a bit longer to flesh out the character relationships a bit more.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Watermelon Daiquiri posted:

Yeah. I need to re read it because im a bit confused as to who the antagonists are or if they were ever foreshadowed.

They basically weren't at all, they're both basically foils. Maggie, the human, is like Reina with no friends so she just hates people and likes robots more. Meg, the gynoid is... Basically the same for Anna.

I liked the general setting and characters alright but yeah, didn't really have time to reach it's potential. Probably should've focused more on the character drama between the four protagonists or the antagonist instead of trying to split it.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mikl posted:

Today, in Handsome Girl and Sheltered Girl:

Thank you, author, for this blessing. I am absolutely here for beautiful gnc boy action.

Do your best shiba. :cheerdoge:

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Rising is perfect and requires no qualifiers.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The camera weeds out the unworthy.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
MGS2 was alright but the codec support team was absolutely the worst one in the series.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
adachi and shimamura really need to go to class sometime or they're gonna fail.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Wark Say posted:

Ditching is totes fine imho.

absenteeism is a real problem in japanese schools. :colbert:

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It's all fun and games until they're both stuck working at call centers at 30!!

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I just realized this was the ADRTW lgbt chat thread

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mikl posted:

In today's How to Make a Girl Fall in Love: hairstyles and napes.

You'll never convince me Hiura's not a trans girl who's laboriously hatching her egg.

Was it this thread or another one that established egg is kind of a bad term?

Anyways, there are male-identifying people who do like to dress up very cutely. I don't know how Hiura identifies, but I am glad they are expressing themselves in a way they enjoy.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
What is it with fish and lesbians that equals angst?

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
200 chapters in we don't need a prince has come to an end.

https://mangadex.org/title/19436/ouji-sama-nante-iranai

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

T-man posted:

i love girls so much i became one :smugdroid:

I don't think that's how it works!

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Kwyndig posted:

That is exactly how it works. Meanwhile I'm an amorphous blob because that's what I love.

I get it's probably a joke, I just think quoting random terf catchphrases is a weird one.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Snooze Cruise posted:

i don't think that is what happened here

Yeah you're right, it was clearly intended completely sincerely. :rolleyes:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Acerbatus fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Jan 2, 2021

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://mangadex.org/chapter/1162047/1

When did s/he start wearing pads?

Regardless: cute.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ZiegeDame posted:

Final chapter of FukaBoku just dropped.

No sign of Kotone and Mei getting together and I am extremely disappointed. I demand a sequel.

That was kinda an eh ending.

It's been awhile since I read the earlier chapters, maybe it was built up to better than I remember.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ToxicFrog posted:

This has been on my to-check-out-when-finished list for a while -- worth the reading?

I liked it, though my interest petered out towards the end. Worth noting that some of the abuse related drama is heavy/real if that's a problem for you, though.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Despite being subject to sexual harassment from the moment she was first made aware, the robot firmly asserts her sense of body autonomy against her abusive creator. A good cartoon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
While it's totally within your right to enjoy any number of manga about a wide variety of non-consensual acts, I don't think making a sarcastic remark about dropping them unmarked in a thread that isn't specifically about those kinds of fetish subjects is out of line.

Maybe it makes me a tiresome killjoy but she's pleading someone who's forcibly stripping her to stop, would it kill you to at least mention that's the kind of thing it is since the tags on dynasty don't?

Acerbatus fucked around with this message at 04:52 on Apr 7, 2021