Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
I'm gay and read a lot of manga

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
Can this be the thread where we talk about how good Otome Danshi is? Because it's real good.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!

Arianya posted:

Boy this thread went places when page 5 hit

Anyway read Magical Trans/MagiTora

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
Not all trans manga needs to be angsty and depressing. Sometimes it's ok for a manga to just be about how awesome being a girl is.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!

Cuntellectual posted:

Does anyone remember what that one genderbend manga was called where the main character abruptly enters a cocoon at one point and it's never brought up again?

Someone mentioned at one point it has an interquel, and I forgot the name. (Though apparently it does the "well im a girl now so i guess i like guys" thing)

Kanojo ni naru hi

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
Bokura no Hentai had like, one or two really good trans-related chapters in the middle where the author actually did some research and spoke to trans people. And then she shits all over that in the final chapter.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!

Mikl posted:

Everyone stop what you're doing and read this

https://mangadex.org/title/31395/i-turned-my-childhood-friend-into-a-girl

It's super gay (and also trans, probably).

If red-eyes is trans then it's not gay. Still good, though.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
And then it abruptly stops having a plot because it's too gay for the party

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
my take on Yuri on Ice is I will be forever disappointed that is a different flavor of gay than I initially assumed based on the title and also nobody has ever made this joke before don't @ me

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
Maekawa is extremely powerful

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
lewd

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!

Wark Say posted:

I've been thinking: What's the manga/anime/LN with the most complex... love-geometric shape?

Does Bakarina count? Though I suppose any harem-type situation isn't necessarily complex.

Now that I think of Jitsu Wa had a decently intricate web of affections

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
Now with a link https://mangadex.org/title/20231/majo-no-geboku-to-maou-no-tsuno

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!

Cuntellectual posted:

Guess I'll give it another shot, then. Not a lot of stuff in this genre that's even remotely good and beggers can't be choosers.

Though the main character being like "well I can't sleep in the same room as you, I might rape you!" is a bit... :thinking:

Arsenio has some major self-image issues stemming from the fact that [vague backstory stuff]he comes from a culture that taught him his very existence is evil and an affront to God.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
It's worth noting that the defining characteristic of the demons is they view others only in terms of their physical appearance and how that conforms to or enables their fetishes. Contrast that with the main cast's careful and thoughtful (mostly) navigation of relationships and sexuality. So there's a reason why the monsters are monsters, and it has nothing to do with how they sustain their magical energy.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
From how it is presented, Rei's gender can best be described as "idiot teen"

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
I feel like Sauro might actually gently caress Eric if/when he asks, because it's past time somebody did.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
Giniro no Genders is a loving garbage fire but this panel has meme potential

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
Sauro is good, it turns out.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
I just want to remind everyone of all the times Arsenio talked about how hot he thinks Lloyd and Sauro when he wasn't transformed.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!

ToxicFrog posted:

Finally cracking open Giniro no Genders, let's see how much it fucks me up

Stop, don't do it. It's not worth it.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
Unless you really want to read a queersploitation soap opera written by a cishet Japanese guy about what he thinks LGBT people are like.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!

ToxicFrog posted:

:negative: I'm pretty sure I got the recommendation from this thread and everything else so far has been on point, so this is a bit of an unpleasant surprise

It starts out with some overly-sensationalized stuff but you let it slide because a lot of manga will do stuff like that to grab readers at first and then chill out later, and characters do some hosed up things but you think 'where is it going with this' and have hope that all the lovely things will start to make more sense as we understand the characters better, so early on I had hope that it could be good. This was a mistake.

The best way to describe it is, there's one section where a homophobe is reading a passage from the bible. Now, the author could have done a little research and pulled out some actually verses that homophobes like to cite. Instead he just made up his own passage about how 'all lesbians are evil' is a core tenant of Christianity. This is the same level of consideration he put in to every aspect of the story.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
Saying that "some people say X" is not the same as asserting that X is definitively true

Like Eric (the owl) is basically inventing queer theory all on his own here and trying out a lot of ideas to see what works

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
people going out there trying to break shells are assholes we learned this from Utena smdh

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!

everythingWasBees posted:

What's the gender bender manga where a guy wishes on a shrine to become a girl because he has a crush on his best friend and then later on he turns back and it just becomes a BL series.

I need it for a friend

Kami-sama no Ekohiiki

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
First, follow the instructions in the thread title, then try this https://dynasty-scans.com/tags/bisexual

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!

W.T. Fits posted:

New chapter of Witch's Servant is up.

I can't believe I'm saying this but I'm legitimately worried about King Bull. :ohdear:

I'm sure he's just doing something ridiculous and weird like molting so they can take the horns from his shed skin. I'm sure he'll come back in some form that is absurdly smooth and even more baby-like in a way that is deeply disturbing.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!

Snooze Cruise posted:

and the manga has been posted on this page

It hasn't though?

also makeup doesn't change the shape of your chin come on Akamaru

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
Final chapter of FukaBoku just dropped.

No sign of Kotone and Mei getting together and I am extremely disappointed. I demand a sequel.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
So have new chapters of Witch's Servant been uploading somewhere else or did the translations just die with mangadex?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!

Snooze Cruise posted:

also new thing.
woman gets job photoshopping sex workers. there isn't really much of anything here yet. not as nsfw as that description makes it sound.

So are we in agreement that the old guy is 100% yakuza?