Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
Trying to leave the vampire's castle but the vampire keeps casting illusions on me such as making a stone wall look like an open door which causes me to run into it at full speed trying to escape, knocking me unconscious

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
If they could see their reflection, it would be :hitler:

Trash Ops
Jun 19, 2012

im having fun, isnt everyone else?

c-spam: what do you mean we l/acc a plan

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

reminder that intersectionality is not liberalism, class reductionists suck, and you can destroy liberalism without throwing marginalised peoples under the bus!

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006
please help the vampires are trapping me in their castle and telling me i can't say the n word anymore

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Trapped in the Necromancers keep

Ensnared in the web of the Martian Spider Riders

Twapped in da vampiya cwastle

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Exiting a Vampire's Castle is relatively easy assuming they don't have Dominate or one of the other mind control Disciplines like Presence

Thermal Anomaly
Jul 1, 2017

by Cyrano4747
> You feel a cold wind on the back of your neck as you enter the Vampire Castle. Somber organ music can be heard faintly in the distance.

> Command? exit

> Exit to where? exit castle

> To your dismay, the doorknob refuses to budge. Cruel laughter echoes through the hall. "Leaving so soon?" It seems you have no choice but to press on towards your adventure's end...

Dean of Swing
Feb 22, 2012
>do I still die a virgin if a vampire lady bites my dick off.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Thermal Anomaly posted:

> You feel a cold wind on the back of your neck as you enter the Vampire Castle. Somber organ music can be heard faintly in the distance.

> Command? exit

> Exit to where? exit castle

> To your dismay, the doorknob refuses to budge. Cruel laughter echoes through the hall. "Leaving so soon?" It seems you have no choice but to press on towards your adventure's end...

yeah this was my first thought, it sounds like a rad adventure game

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Dean of Swing posted:

>do I still die a virgin if a vampire lady bites my dick off.

please do not spoil the plot of the sequel, Mark Fisher's I Must Find My Undead Dick Before It Kills Again

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

It’s an absolutely fantastic article

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 241 days!
it was pretty cool when i thought it was a real vampire castle but it turns out they're larpers

help

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
just make sure to pronounce vampire like "whampire" like a romanian count would say

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

Thanks for sharing OP

Finicums Wake
Mar 13, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Trash Ops posted:

c-spam: what do you mean we l/acc a plan

Finicums Wake
Mar 13, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
article in the OP reminds me of jo freeman's 'trashing' a bit

https://www.jofreeman.com/joreen/trashing.htm

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Finicums Wake posted:

Kinda get the idea they both stem from the same issue; when your movement is dominated by petty bourg white people who primarily use it to get high on their own self-righteousness, all the social norms are basically indistinguishable from Mean Girls.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

WampaLord posted:

Exiting a Vampire's Castle is relatively easy assuming they don't have Dominate or one of the other mind control Disciplines like Presence

using Celerity to always catch and make sure that the DSA member will never leave my castle and will forever have to atone for his pre-woke period

animist
Aug 28, 2018

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Kinda get the idea they both stem from the same issue; when your movement is dominated by petty bourg white people who primarily use it to get high on their own self-righteousness, all the social norms are basically indistinguishable from Mean Girls.

cough brooklyn dsa cough

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

I've been reading a bit of Mark Fisher recently and I think he was a very thoughtful man who cared deeply about the effects that capitalism was having on people's mental health. Just in case someone who wasn't familiar with Mark Fisher's work is reading this thread I'm linking a very short, but powerful article of his.

https://theoccupiedtimes.org/?p=12841

I haven't read most of what he's written but this article is a favourite of mine. I also ordered a collection of his writings a couple of days ago and I'll dig into it, eventually. Cheers everyone and rest in peace Mark.

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016
wait was there a ban me message hidden in the copy/paste or did they DM renee after posting it? I'm so confused

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

Autism Sneaks posted:

wait was there a ban me message hidden in the copy/paste or did they DM renee after posting it? I'm so confused

it looks like they were weepy about fyad about probably pm'd for a ban after posting this Final Devastating Own at cspam

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
:drac:

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

exmarx posted:

the :rip: was aimed at mark fisher, but :rip: to the op, also

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cayAxysDgk

gently caress guys. . . we're really trapped in here now

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
C. Derick Varn, one of the people who commissioned and edited this essay, did a 5-year retrospective podcast that's worth a listen. The story starts around 14:15 and ends up pretty dark by the end. E: the aftermath section starts after exactly an hour of extremely good theory chat at 1:14:15 https://www.sectarianreviewpodcast.com/episodes-and-show-notes/episode-68-exiting-the-vampire-castle

Terrorist Fistbump has issued a correction as of 23:19 on Jan 8, 2020

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost
This may have bern posted due to some FYAD whatever, but i think its a really good essay, and lays bare why everyone should disengage from the toxic hellscape of twitter as much as possible.

One thing it didn't seem to touch on as much is that one of the ways this is self reinforcing is that the current state of internet journalism can put well meaning people in a place where they have to find someone to shame/excommunicate just in order to survive. People build their life around a Patreon income stream, and the Patrons want content. So if you got there by, say, calling out legitimate assholes/sexism/racism, etc, you now have to hunt down novel, interesting, culturally relevant forms of shitheaddery, and you have to do it before someone else releases the same take on it and renders you obsolete. Taking time to actually make sure you're accurate is time some competitor could've already posted their youtube video! Gotta get them hot takes out now, or you'll literally starve!

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Finicums Wake posted:

this is a better article. doesn't try to make a super dramatic vampire metaphor

also, closing fyad wasn't because of "puritan moralism" lmao

Dean of Swing
Feb 22, 2012

One More Fat Nerd posted:

This may have bern posted due to some FYAD whatever, but i think its a really good essay, and lays bare why everyone should disengage from the toxic hellscape of twitter as much as possible.

One thing it didn't seem to touch on as much is that one of the ways this is self reinforcing is that the current state of internet journalism can put well meaning people in a place where they have to find someone to shame/excommunicate just in order to survive. People build their life around a Patreon income stream, and the Patrons want content. So if you got there by, say, calling out legitimate assholes/sexism/racism, etc, you now have to hunt down novel, interesting, culturally relevant forms of shitheaddery, and you have to do it before someone else releases the same take on it and renders you obsolete. Taking time to actually make sure you're accurate is time some competitor could've already posted their youtube video! Gotta get them hot takes out now, or you'll literally starve!

Wow I'm glad I decided to do literally anything else with my life.

Anyone else keep getting paralyzed by the demilich at the Gatehouse? I hear there is a secret passage around it through the wine cellar.

Dean of Swing has issued a correction as of 00:25 on Jan 9, 2020

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
It can't be about Fyad because like sunandspring pointed out Fyad wasn't a full of self proclaimed leftists. I think it's about the perceived lack of space for dissent during the height of the Fyad shutdown struggle. Ultimately we'll never know...unless muon unbans himself

Frumply
Dec 7, 2004

some FYAD posters, i assume, are good people

many sides, many sides...

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

the SJWs in academia are like a spooky vampire, who keep you trapped in their castle and are very mean to you when you try to gently caress the undergrads in the class you TA. in this essay i will

Trash Ops
Jun 19, 2012

im having fun, isnt everyone else?

mark fisher owns

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
good essay, reminder that twitter, and social media in general, is garbage

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

Mark Fischer died from fright after encountering a twitter user who told him it wasn't OK to use the N-word, even ironically as part of a joke.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Terrorist Fistbump posted:

It can't be about Fyad because like sunandspring pointed out Fyad wasn't a full of self proclaimed leftists. I think it's about the perceived lack of space for dissent during the height of the Fyad shutdown struggle. Ultimately we'll never know...unless muon unbans himself

I mean i basically said my piece about it and didn't get probed. Maybe my post are just that powerful.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
WampaLord is scared, he's shaking

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

*minority voice* "aah aah ahh. i vant to suck your blooood!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dean of Swing
Feb 22, 2012

Fallen Hamprince posted:

*mod voice* "aah aah ahh. i suck!"