Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Trash Ops
Jun 19, 2012

im having fun, isnt everyone else?

Fallen Hamprince posted:

*minority voice* "aah aah ahh. i vant to suck your blooood!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Homeless Friend posted:

I mean i basically said my piece about it and didn't get probed. Maybe my post are just that powerful.

Few people can thread the needle as deftly as you can, friend

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
so a priest, a pedant, and a hipster walk into a castle

and the priest, he says, "hey, that guys a vampire."

the pedant says, "well, actually, he's an undercover totally-not-a-vampire whos only keeping tabs on the real vampires. he only drinks blood, kills villagers, and sleeps in dirt so he can get valuable information that he can pass to... other villagers. to help them kill the vampires."

and the hipster says, "that sucks a whole lot. kill the vampire."

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

iirc Sam Kriss did a response piece to this but I am not linking because he is, somewhat ironically, cancelled

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

whys it ironic.

Dean of Swing
Feb 22, 2012

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3 posted:

so a priest, a pedant, and a hipster walk into a castle

and the priest, he says, "hey, that guys a vampire."

the pedant says, "well, actually, he's an undercover totally-not-a-vampire whos only keeping tabs on the real vampires. he only drinks blood, kills villagers, and sleeps in dirt so he can get valuable information that he can pass to... other villagers. to help them kill the vampires."

and the hipster says, "that sucks a whole lot. kill the vampire."

Van Helsing knew.

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

Varinn posted:

whys it ironic.

his finger wagging take was that if you conduct yourself appropriately you don't have to worry about being called out, and lots of really insufferable people fell in behind him saying yeah Sam's right, fisher is making excuses for sexism, and then it turned out Sam is a massive danger to women

bwatts
May 28, 2013

Mark fisher ftw

bwatts
May 28, 2013

Used to think c spam was just a thousand boring mega threads but after reading some of the funny rear end poo poo some of you guys came up with to own mark fisher Im starting to think it might be the last bastion of truly irreverent - but very real also - leftism on the internet..?

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
:rip: Mark Fisher, gone three years ago today.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

bwatts posted:

Used to think c spam was just a thousand boring mega threads but after reading some of the funny rear end poo poo some of you guys came up with to own mark fisher Im starting to think it might be the last bastion of truly irreverent - but very real also - leftism on the internet..?

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

vampire castle applies to the tepid attacks on sanders that are completely bad faith, not the closing of fyad

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

bwatts posted:

Thanks GBS guy who posts poo poo like this:

quote:

cant believe the funniest guy on here got ran out by the human being tranny sjw brigade

I appreciate your biting passive aggressive wit and will continue to make fun of Mark Fisher as it seems to please you

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
Mark Fisher: We need to not let liberals divide us on little things that we can fix on an interpersonal level.
FYAD people ITT: I see. So you're saying communism needs to let me call people trannies or else it will die.
Mark FIsher: what? no

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

SunAndSpring posted:

Mark Fisher: We need to not let liberals divide us on little things that we can fix on an interpersonal level.
FYAD people ITT: I see. So you're saying communism needs to let me call people trannies or else it will die.
Mark FIsher: oh poo poo I'm dead as hell, better shut up!

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

gh0stpinballa posted:

iirc Sam Kriss did a response piece to this but I am not linking because he is, somewhat ironically, cancelled

he who live by the take will perish by the take

Dean of Swing
Feb 22, 2012
Pouring out my blood chalice for Count Fisher today.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
i enter the vampire castle everytime in skyrim, who the gently caress chooses dawnguard

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Homeless Friend posted:

i enter the vampire castle everytime in skyrim, who the gently caress chooses dawnguard

it might be worth choosing dawnguard for the advanced crossbows but still have serana make you a vampire lord because there's no reason not to

Dean of Swing
Feb 22, 2012
They say that if you give Bernie 27 dollars 3 times while looking in a mirror in a dark room, Mark Fisher will appear and permanently boost your celerity.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
Alucard: Go back whence you came! Trouble the soul of my forums no more!
Dracula: How? How is it that I've been so defeated?
Alucard: You have been doomed ever since you lost the ability to joke.
Dracula: Ah... sarcasm. 'For what profit is it to man, if he gains the world and loses his own soul'? Godlulz thread page 1626, I believe.
Alucard: .........
Dracula: Tell me. What... what was Lowtax's last announcement?
Alucard: He said "Do not hate goons. If you cannot live with them, then there's always twitter. For you can't be a nazi on the forums anymore." He also said to tell you, to check out his Garbage Gaming stream...
Dracula: Lowtax, forgive me. Farewell my ni- (USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
In the future, please don't do poo poo with the sole purpose of antagonizing the person who owns this castle. Thank you.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

burn down the castle with anarcho syndicalism imo

also rip mark, got so owned he died

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
joining in with liberal feminists on twitter to gloat about a guy killing himself

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

SunAndSpring posted:

yeah like in a vacuum the essay is fine but i have never had it linked to me by someone who wasn't just mad they couldn't say slurs in public spaces?

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

its extremely funny to me that one of the core pillars of the essay is that people were mean to russell brand on the internet

Martian Manfucker
Dec 27, 2012

misandry is real
mark fisher rules and his book capitalist realism: is there no alternative? is what i give people to read if they even so much as show an interest in anything left-related

rip

bwatts
May 28, 2013

SunAndSpring posted:

Thanks GBS guy who posts poo poo like this:

I appreciate your biting passive aggressive wit and will continue to make fun of Mark Fisher as it seems to please you

Ive got suspicions that I in fact thought who ever that posts about was not funny at all . Bad post none the less and a kind that after some reflection Ive decided not to make any more due to its hurtful nature. I am however deeply hurt by being called gbs

bwatts
May 28, 2013

Venom Snake posted:

yeah like in a vacuum the essay is fine but i have never had it linked to me by someone who wasn't just mad they couldn't say slurs in public spaces?

Think thats an issue thats only true of this essay & not his broader work, which is generally better as we imho. Theres some very cool stuff in the weird and the eerie which is perhaps my favourite thing he wrote

swimsuit
Jan 22, 2009

yeah
lol at the morons gloating about fishers death or calling him a liberal

Thug Lessons
Dec 14, 2006

I lust in my heart for as many dead refugees as possible.

SunAndSpring posted:

Can you point out some of FYAD posters saying that?

Bleu
Jul 19, 2006

which essay was more pathetic, vampire's castle or freddie deboer's fyad is leaking: director's cut

e: found it again https://archive.fo/3W2O6

Bleu has issued a correction as of 01:34 on Jan 14, 2020

Finicums Wake
Mar 13, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Terrorist Fistbump posted:

C. Derick Varn, one of the people who commissioned and edited this essay, did a 5-year retrospective podcast that's worth a listen. The story starts around 14:15 and ends up pretty dark by the end. E: the aftermath section starts after exactly an hour of extremely good theory chat at 1:14:15 https://www.sectarianreviewpodcast.com/episodes-and-show-notes/episode-68-exiting-the-vampire-castle

there's a lot of good stuff in here. i agree with the interviewee's point that a lot of this infighting and useless sectarianism arises from the left's powerlessness. lacking the strength to meaningfully contest our shared political opponents, we turn that energy inwards

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747
BREAKING: mods accept leaks from Nazis, use unproven accusations of casual homophobia to justify not modding both WampaLord and Nichael

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Why this thread. Take it to QCS lol

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

DON'T POST IN THE ELECTION THREAD UNLESS YOU :love::love::love: JOE BIDEN
Nah it is very important to spread this damning evidence of LK actually trying to listen to people and talk with them honestly.

Finicums Wake
Mar 13, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
while i suspect the op was posted in response to forums drama, it'd be cool if we could talk about the essay and mark fisher and leftist politics instead of the forums drama itself

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006
what is the part of this conversation that is supposed to strike me as damning, i am not up on the lore

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Oh I see it got posted a lot of places including its own thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Finicums Wake posted:

while i suspect the op was posted in response to forums drama, it'd be cool if we could talk about the essay and mark fisher and leftist politics instead of the forums drama itself

propagate as much guilt as you can