Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheSlutPit
Dec 26, 2009

bump

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheSlutPit
Dec 26, 2009

War and Pieces posted:

true but only liberals call it intersectionality

Fisher is also pretty clear about this in his essay

quote:

I’ve noticed a fascinating magical inversion projection-disavowal mechanism whereby the sheer mention of class is now automatically treated as if that means one is trying to downgrade the importance of race and gender. In fact, the exact opposite is the case, as the Vampires’ Castle uses an ultimately liberal understanding of race and gender to obfuscate class. In all of the absurd and traumatic twitterstorms about privilege earlier this year it was noticeable that the discussion of class privilege was entirely absent. The task, as ever, remains the articulation of class, gender and race – but the founding move of the Vampires’ Castle is the dis-articulation of class from other categories.

TheSlutPit
Dec 26, 2009

Cuttlefush posted:

i had a friend convince me to read through capitalist realism and i don't think it was terrible but you're probably better off just reading actual theory if you want to try to make sense of anything. fun titles though.

didn't know he died. rip k-pax

I don’t think anyone would suggest fisher as a substitute for actual theory, but it’s a nice introduction that will hopefully lead people to it. There was another thread where someone told me a lot of cspam posters were “baptized” into the concept of leftist L’s by the Bernie loss and I don’t think the answer is always “go read all of Marx + Lenin”. The contemporary analyses will at minimum get people curious about the core ideas and hopefully engaging with/exploring them.