Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

TheSlutPit posted:

I don’t think anyone would suggest fisher as a substitute for actual theory, but it’s a nice introduction that will hopefully lead people to it. There was another thread where someone told me a lot of cspam posters were “baptized” into the concept of leftist L’s by the Bernie loss and I don’t think the answer is always “go read all of Marx + Lenin”. The contemporary analyses will at minimum get people curious about the core ideas and hopefully engaging with/exploring them.

Yeah imo you shouldn't force yourself to read anything you don't like, but it's worth reading the OGs every now and then. Also the dudes you are talking about reflexively defend the democrats even when they don't have to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU