Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Just a Moron
Nov 11, 2021

Xaris posted:

he's right. drat, fisher kicks rear end. I really gotta read more of his stuff

shame he decided to turn blackpilled

Succumbing to mental illness isn't turning blackpilled, it's hitting the limit of psychic pain you can endure. Ultimately the blackpill is maleffective form of dissociation to stave off that psychic pain. Fisher died believing that "things matter" and that is what ultimately drove his pain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Just a Moron
Nov 11, 2021

Cuttlefush posted:

i had a friend convince me to read through capitalist realism and i don't think it was terrible but you're probably better off just reading actual theory if you want to try to make sense of anything. fun titles though.

didn't know he died. rip k-pax

Capitalist Realism is a good piece of theory itself. It's possible that it lacks explanatory power (not my impression but it's been awhile since I've read it) but it offers concrete avenues of praxis, specifically to educators. In that sense it's a very useful form of theory compared to a lot of what's in the ether.

Just a Moron
Nov 11, 2021

Xaris posted:

I was making a very poor taste corpse joke that i regret, not a cspam term. you are completely correct

No worries, I just have a bee in my bonnet about how terms like blackpill and nihilism get used

Just a Moron
Nov 11, 2021

Mark's life could've ended a lot worse, he could have ended up addicted to meth raving about the metaphysical implications of the blockchain

Just a Moron
Nov 11, 2021

War and Pieces posted:

pink pill cures the black pill... or so I'm told

How is this so correct?