Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
I've always wanted to get into Harvest Moon but I always lose interest quick. Which is weird because my Stardew Valley farm is 6 years old and a fully functional Ancient Fruit winery. I'm following this and hope it piques my interest in the series a little more

Rabbi Raccoon fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Jan 11, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!

The Flying Twybil posted:

I've seen similar sentiments, and it's always felt odd to me because I'm the opposite. Harvest Moon games are some of my favorites for killing time, but I for the life of me could not get into Stardew Valley.

I don't know why, I just couldn't.

The gameplay is pretty simple for this game, but it does some neat things of its own. It is for the most part, the same sort of gameplay loop used up until the modern era for the main series games.

Farming sims (or at least the only one I've made much progress in, anyways) are great for relaxation. After a stressful day it's nice to get lost in a simple, quiet world for a while.

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
Sometimes you just need a pretty face to motivate you to get poo poo done. A pretty face with a rockin' body. A pretty face with a rockin' body that's just dripping sweat. A pretty face with a rockin' body that's just dripping sweat and lifts your chin with his rough hand, smiles, and...

I'm sorry, where am I?

Rabbi Raccoon fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Jan 15, 2020

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
Pete seems like the kind of guy who likes cheese fries (and by that I mean he has a pulse) so I say potatoes