Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kacie
Nov 11, 2010

Imagining a Brave New World
Ramrod XTreme
I loved the connecting over the dyed hair, too. Very nice scene, very fun.

Please help me - what is going on with the female eyes in this game? They look like ] [ to me, and I can't figure out how I'm supposed to "see" them. For such a small detail, it is really throwing my brain every time I see them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kacie
Nov 11, 2010

Ramrod XTreme
Any option to kick Pete in the pants and have him be more useful gets my vote.

Very sad that conking him over the head with the shovel and using him as fertilizer isn't an option.

Gathering stuff from the forest sounds cool, as does archeology.

Kacie
Nov 11, 2010

Ramrod XTreme

quote:

Once I realized how little help my partner was in the beginning, I just stopped asking.

This is why the partner irks me.

I am enjoying the personality and writing of Pete -- it's the sheer incompetence and laziness that gets my goat. The partner is so laughably awful, it's more work to ask them than it is to do it all oneself. Since the major resource management is time, it seems like the game is going out of its way to troll you with just how bad the partner is at doing anything useful, and seeing how they are when they're at full friendship doesn't help their case. --game mechanics aside, the laziness/incompetence is a pet peeve of mine.

It's not Pete - who is a lot of fun to read - it's the game deliberately making the partner annoying.

Kacie
Nov 11, 2010

Ramrod XTreme
Do the crops not take, or do crows eat the seeds?

Kacie
Nov 11, 2010

Ramrod XTreme
Oh, I'm sorry - I didn't realize that was meant to be a reveal later. I've played Stardew Valley where crows are a Thing, and was wondering if it was crows or the also realistic "some seeds don't sprout."