Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

I keep seeing things about Harvest Moon and thinking it sounds like a game series I'd enjoy, and then I never do anything about it, so I'm here for this.

No input about characters, at least not yet, I'm barely awake and undercaffeinated. Maybe I'll come up with something later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Is there an option to smack Pete over the head with the shovel and bury him in a crop field as fertiliser? I don't care if there's a mechanical reason why he's essentially useless, it would annoy me far too much if I was playing.

I suppose we buy 3 bags of grass for the chicken field as the next logical step, then, and unlock chickens? That leaves us with 1730G plus whatever buried treasure we find while clearing the chicken field, which can hopefully buy a chicken or two and maybe another potato seed bag. Two animal types seems like a decent start, and then we can focus more on expanding crops.

While Alex works on that, I'd like to see some forest exploration and archaeology for a bit of variety and potential money. Shipping quotas seem useful but clearly we're going to need a lot more infrastructure in place before we can start on anything like that.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

The Flying Twybil posted:

It's worth noting (and I just ninja edited it in) that we have to have the grass fully grown to buy animals, even if we can support them with fodder bags. We can plant 3 bags of seeds on Monday, but they're rather picky and sometimes inconsistent as to when we can get more animals.

Fair enough, but my votes haven't changed. The quicker we get it started the quicker the game can make its mind up about how fast grass grows, I guess.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

The Flying Twybil posted:

its worth noting that Pete isn't helping in the slightest.

Nobody is surprised.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Chloe Jewel's son Billy is presumably Billy Joel? Nothing else caught me. Except maybe something about salamanders.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Trade Pete for another cat.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Stuff happens sometimes, no need to apologise constantly. I follow plenty of LPs that can go months between updates.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

I'm amused by a farming sim where you're more successful if you ignore the farming entirely and just dig up rocks over and over. Do they eventually run out if you dig the same field enough?