Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009
PPJ, your motives may have been noble, but there is no way you can possibly expect to be taken seriously after this seriously ill-judged clusterfuck. You should step down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009
I am just beyond flabbergasted.

I've been here since '04 and this is the first time I've been at a complete loss for words.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

StratGoatCom posted:

A private detective, yes.

That genuinely would have been a much wiser course of action.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Toalpaz posted:

I think probing people calling the mod who joined discord for literal nazis, who we also can't really trust because we don't know him, a nazi is probably a touch tone deaf and also maybe not the 'right' way to handle this situation. It's an abuse of power really and you should all have been prepared for this kind of fall out, because face it. It's a little controversial.

It also seems like a really good way to draw even more attention to a rather embarrassing matter.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

GorfZaplen posted:

What other twists will we see on this, the series finale of Something Awful

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7m8IZ1JOEYE

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Zeta Acosta posted:

Jeffrey and KM need to be stripped of their mod status. They were complicit of this situation

Don’t blame KM for this. She was in a genuinely lovely situation where fascist turds were threatening to doxx her and make her life more miserable. She needed a helping hand, and she thought that PPJ was giving her that. She’s a good mod and a good poster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

StratGoatCom posted:

If she had any role in this, she has potentially endangered a lot of goons. Unacceptable.

It was a lapse in judgment, imo, but her role in this was pretty peripheral. I expect she wouldn’t do things the same way again. I can’t say the same for PPJ or the others involved.