Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
cmon teamsters, sympathy strike and bring this nation to the ground

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

negative COLA is an insane contract provision i have never seen in the dozens of cba's ive reviewed but also lmao if you think the cpi is ever going to go negative again

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

shouldnt they endorse the guy that's gonna win instead then?

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

the uaw being beholden to the democrats before its members or basic morality is what people are talking about when they say the professionalized nationals are hopelessly compromized

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Cpt_Obvious posted:

Why don't you ask a union then.

most locals are good

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

no relation

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Lazy_Liberal posted:

I'm organizing the professional unit at my hospital which includes many different positions with 4 year degrees: social workers, occupational therapists, chaplains, etc. the CNAs are in the support unit along with custodial and kitchen staff i believe. then there's a tech unit and i don't even know who's in there

whats your opinion on the ONA?

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Lazy_Liberal posted:

not sure yet. the nurses here went on strike and got pretty active support from the community. apparently seiu tried organizing here a few times and it didn't get off the ground. the ona rep I'm working with is pretty chill at least! i should know a lot more about the greater organization in about two weeks

i like them because they wrestled i think Providence to the ground over their bullshit "accidental" wage theft when they moved to a new payroll system

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Lazy_Liberal posted:

providence hilariously has their anti-union healthstream trainings online and visible to all employees. how the heck do i upload images in 2024

loving lmao, i didnt know people used healthsteam for that. (fyi i use imgbb instead of imgur now) i personally despise healthstream and if i was negotiating a cba id require doubletime for any time wasted completing healthstreams.

lets see what i have oh bariatric sensitivity training! theyd punch me in the face if i tried to move a patient and im not even bls certified

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

i must have missed this but is starbucks suing the union organizers for IP infringement? is there marketplace confusion where someone thinks theyre going to get a coffee and they walk into a union hall instead

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

kingcobweb posted:

it was after SBWU put out a pro-Palestine statement. SB sued to get the union to stop using the name “Starbucks” and the siren.

are you loving kidding me lmao

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

i think the actual organizers itt can provide better clarity but theres no shame in breaking away to join a national

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

what the gently caress