Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

For The Perfect Fruit 'n' Kaman

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Fill with pineapple juice
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice
This seems like the perfect thread to ask if anyone else is trying to negotiate a contract right now and what to expect.

I helped organize my workplace last year. The vote passed overwhelmingly, but we're up against a huge company with deep pockets. They've been stalling on negotiations from the get go (like only meeting once a month), and the pandemic has only helped them stall more (while they do huge layoffs and make other unpopular workplace changes). Understandably, everyone is getting restless, especially the soft supporters that largely broke yes on the vote and we don't have a lot of reassurances at the moment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice
When can we expect the SAG-AFTRA strike to really start making a dent in the studios? I'm sure they have stuff in the can they can trickle out slowly, but that's gotta run out soon right? Would the new seasons of the fall lineups be in serious jeopardy? Late year movie releases?

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice
Generally speaking, the bargaining unit is whoever is represented by a union, or is looking to be represented by a union. Usually it’s all non-management workers in a facility, but it is possible to have a facility where different departments or labor classifications are represented by different unions, or some departments are unionized while some aren’t.

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice

Scholtz posted:

Yeah, UAW. Is there an easy way to look up the union's local?

If it's Ford in Kansas City, that's 249.

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice
Do union endorsements in national elections matter at all in 2024? I'm a UAW member, and I'd be surprised if less than 40% of my workplace voted republican.