Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

this is the Good Stuff right here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

Justin Credible posted:

Couple weeks ago we did a day and change ULP strike. They didn't get the message. We came back because they said they would negotiate with a federal mediator.

Which they refused to meet with along with the union today. We worked for 1 hour, now we are on an extended strike. What a bunch of clowns.

Teamster solidarity baby.

hell loving yea gogogogogo

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

In Training posted:

we won our vote today :) onward to the contract

hell loving yea

loving awesome! congrats!!

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

Justin Credible posted:

Keep strong! We're on day 10 of our strike, stuff is predictably falling apart for them. By our estimation they've already lost more money in this time than it would have been in wage increases for us for over a year. All that money just to fail and erode customer confidence in the company. Dipshits.

get’em, keep at it and good luck!

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

super sweet best pal posted:

I think the best way to encourage co-workers to unionize is to get promoted to their boss and actively make their jobs worse.

I am in the extremely weird situation that the immediate superiors in the chain (the head of my team and the director of the company's branch that my team is under) are way leftier than my team colleagues, which is an incredible lmao in every aspect

the director had a formal complaint to the class organization we're under that they were scabbing, because they agreed to an informal pledge of dismissal of collective bargaining until the pandemic is resolved here in Brazil; he wanted to tell everybody in an email but legal advised him that he would be technically violating labor laws - undue influence against an employee's judgement on an union matter - but in the other direction
. the lmao. I can't

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

https://twitter.com/Channel8ABC/status/1414432467340177411

union people should seize on this

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelllllll yeaaahh

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

Tom Smykowski posted:

Solidarity weight loss program

combine that with a sick gains fizkultura program for maximum effect

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

Carthag Tuek posted:

- they were offered a 5% raise over 3 years + "a comission to look into wage inequality"

jesus loving gently caress the ghouls

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

complete and utter absolute respect for this imperial august mfer

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

great stuff hell yea

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

kingcobweb posted:

go to the picket lines yourself! make signs, bring some energy, bring friends.

always a good idea to contribute with material aid and helping around, especially getting in touch with people