Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

i honestly really wish i could help contribute something substantive op, but i'm willing to offer up my blade to bump this thread and get more people like me wanting to learn about this poo poo.

I guess what I could do is highlight this important post to prompt discussion from the old, bad thread

IWW Online Branch posted:

One big question I have is how do you organize with people who are, well, problematic? At my job there's a guy who most of the time seems like your average chud, likes Trump, says all the dumb MAGA horseshit, but out of everyone there he's the one most on board with the idea of a union. He once, totally unprompted, told me that he believes workers ought to own and run businesses themselves. But then he'll crack some lovely joke about Muslims and get super defensive when I call him out on it. My DSA local has been planning a push to organize workplaces in my industry here, and I know he'd be incredibly receptive to the idea, but if I bring him in on this I know he'll go full chud at some point and it'll be a disaster. I do not want to coddle or tolerate someone who holds these views, but at the same time I don't have the luxury of choosing who I work with, and I'll likely need him on board if I want to organize my workplace.

Dongicus has issued a correction as of 19:32 on Sep 15, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU