Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LordoftheScheisse
Jan 16, 2016

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

6. We had an election. Management ran a thorough anti-union campaign, and some really, really, ugly poo poo happened.

Can you expand on this?

I'd really like my workplace to unionize, for the benefit of the front line team who has been getting shafted. Since our new C-level boss started last July, we've had low morale, constant stress, hostile work environment, etc. Problem is, I'm a supervisor. What can or can't I do?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LordoftheScheisse
Jan 16, 2016

kingcobweb posted:

The only hard and fast rule is that no one can be in the union who has hiring/firing power over anyone else.

I 100% do not have the power to fire, but I do conduct interviews and "make recommendations" to HR for hiring. Am I cool?

LordoftheScheisse
Jan 16, 2016
My work has successfully met with union representatives and has began organizing. So far we have 7 people that have signed up and paid dues. Supposedly, once we hit double digits, we'll start to see some real poo poo...er change.

LordoftheScheisse
Jan 16, 2016

Lovelyn posted:

what industry?

Computer touching.