Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN
Looks like my drive to union the hospital's boiler operator's will be foiled by the dumbass painters and carpenters.

Divide and Conquer!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

Dr Pepper posted:

So at what point do unions start just ignoring the courts.

Whenever it becomes blindingly obvious that Democrats will never hold power again.

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

It seems like the nurses at the hospital I'm working at are going Teamster (lol) the union is open to working with non-nurses but has made it clear that they're prioritizing the nurses. What's a good strategy for this situation?

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

kingcobweb posted:

are you a nurse or someone else?

I am not a nurse. I believe we're classified as "Non-Professionals" lol

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

hailthefish posted:

At the hospital where I work there's two unions, one for the nurses, and one for almost everyone else.

This is what we're hoping for. Im in the trades btw

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

kingcobweb posted:

one big union is way more powerful than two small ones. with two, unless the contracts are lined up, the nurses will go on strike and everyone else is contractually forced to cross the picket line (or vice-versa).

is it possible to bring this up at negotiations, the two units are already signing cards at this stage

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

In Training posted:

You can definitely align contract dates during negotiations, and the sooner you lay the ground work of cooperation between the two units the better for coordinating bargaining strategies

I think this is the plan

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

Can I get a clause that Tradesmen have to be trained at their appropriate union halls?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

WSU Labor school is good for netwoking also check out the Labor Library for Joe Hill artifacts and a huge UAW mural,