Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sotary
Sep 11, 2001

Agean90 posted:

I'd like to see some stuff on this too. Me and a buddy were all primed to go canvassing with a nice pamphlet that had what few rights tenants had in my state, contact info for a free legal service, invite them to a follow-up meeting where we talk about what a tenants union is and get something started

then covid 19 hit and welp there goes our plans lol. now it's just him posting rights info on social media

If i wanted to start a tenants union right now I'd stand outside a building or on a street with a petition to get names together and a flier with a date for a zoom or park meeting. Wear a mask and gloves, bring hand sanitizer.

Could look at an old ACORN organizing model book for ideas on tenant/community organizing: https://chieforganizer.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/ACORN-Organizing-Model.pdf

Just my two cents.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU