Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment
just bring back the gif of jeb christy and trump in the background.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

I would rather us try something new than to reuse the fyad speech bubbles

E: also other popups with messages when you post, like "piss tape is real, <username>", "wear the hat <username>", "imagine the smell <username>!" Etc, etc

HiHo ChiRho has issued a correction as of 23:14 on Jan 9, 2020

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment
speech bubbles suck rear end

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

Bear Retrieval Unit posted:

speech bubbles suck rear end

______/
your av

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

anyway agreed i just thought that was funny (intentional probably)

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

make it look the wire

am i doing this right

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Make the background a live feed of the modforum

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!
an idea for his mangosteen's secret service: replace the “killed by” text for the most recent poster with “infiltrated by”

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
I demand Jeb!!!

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Everything should be piss yellow

Piss tape theme

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

juche avocado posted:

______/
your av

hey now my av is talking to your av

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I don't like the speech bubbles. They're funny but they're also tightly connected to FYAD and I don't want anything that reminds me of FYAD in here. Leave it in the ground where it belongs.

Hemick
Mar 4, 2007

Siljmonster posted:

Everything should be piss yellow

Piss tape theme

Jeb Wins meme theme

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

How often is this style sheet likely to get updated?

I assume not that often cause it's probably kind of a pain in the rear end.

As such, we should aim for wacky/irreverent/funny without relying too much on extremely current references. Decorum button instead of report, timeless leftist themes like red and black color scheme or the ghost of Marx, knockoffs of C-SPAN or cable news, etc.

The 2016 GOP primary background was hilarious at the time, but grows less relevant each passing day. Same goes for references to the piss tape, etc. Some day (inshallah) Trump will not be president anymore, so jokes about how insanely stupid his presidency was wont be as relevant.

Alternatively we could commit to a regular schedule of update/refresh to the theme, like every two years or every presidential election or w/e. But that sounds like more work for some poor admin

bawfuls has issued a correction as of 00:08 on Jan 10, 2020

Baller Ina
Oct 21, 2010

:whattheeucharist:

PostNouveau posted:

I demand JEB!

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016
JEB! wins meme or the Bulletin of Atomic Scientists "doomsday clock"

THS
Sep 15, 2017

Gumball Gumption posted:

I don't like the speech bubbles. They're funny but they're also tightly connected to FYAD and I don't want anything that reminds me of FYAD in here. Leave it in the ground where it belongs.

yeah i retract my vote for speech bubbles

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009

Gumball Gumption posted:

Can we make it play a midi version of the Internationale?

GalacticAcid posted:

white house letterhead and donald rumsfeld handwritten memo font

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009
make every post end with "furthermore, free dickeye" until dickeye is free'd

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Hemick
Mar 4, 2007

bawfuls posted:

I assume not that often cause it's probably kind of a pain in the rear end.

It's not all that hard to update a stylesheet even in the worst of implementations, I'd just wager the hard part would be getting Jeffrey's time to write the CSS. Given that you can't swing a stick without hitting someone that at least has passing knowledge of CSS around here, I'd bet if someone were to code it for him and submit the changes to him to be deployed that it would be pretty easy to get it updated regularly.

TrixRabbi
Aug 20, 2010

Time for a little robot chauvinism!

Shageletic posted:

but seriously, everyone here is hella old and probs posting on company time. anything that makes our display look like an MS Doc or something office-y helps the poster and hurts the poster's employer, please and thank you.

e: this is, of course, praxis

don't post on your own time, poo poo post on theirs

Yeah, I'd try not to gently caress with the colors/main forum visuals too much cause if I get caught looking at the gray forums versus something like BYOB it's a lot easier to look like I was doing something possibly productive.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Hemick posted:

It's not all that hard to update a stylesheet even in the worst of implementations, I'd just wager the hard part would be getting Jeffrey's time to write the CSS. Given that you can't swing a stick without hitting someone that at least has passing knowledge of CSS around here, I'd bet if someone were to code it for him and submit the changes to him to be deployed that it would be pretty easy to get it updated regularly.

plan for it not getting updated, just in case it isnt. we only know what is available rn, not necessarily what the admins will be willing/able to do in the future

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

More frequent updates would be cool

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Grapplejack posted:

It looks like Twitter, avatars get little circles, the grenade is replaced with the verified checkmark

i have made a mockup post of my terrible idea. I couldn't think of anything funny for most of the buttons though, sorry :(

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
hell yeah night mode

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

bring back old gbs posted:

hell yeah night mode

I'm not a monster, I wouldn't force people to look at lite twitter and night mode is just black

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

black and white mockup suggest absolutes, I find this offensive as a fervent moral relativist, furthermore

Slugnoid
Jun 23, 2006

Nap Ghost

rabble rabble
Mar 24, 2015

Nap Ghost
the grenades absolutely must be blue checks, that's loving brilliant

edit: after the name?

2fat4sex
Apr 18, 2005

If we were to ever get multiple stylesheet choices like FYAD had, this absolutely needs to be the background for the Kamala theme

Oh and when it comes to the main theme I second the idea for something twitter-inspired with blue checkmarks for platinum users

Also I don't know which one, but this should be one of the buttons

2fat4sex has issued a correction as of 02:26 on Jan 10, 2020

AdmiralViscen
Nov 2, 2011

Can you choose a style sheet on iPad safari or does it have to be on a PC? Is it just a button built into the forum or some back end malarkey I have to do?

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005
the OP’s avatar should get a “this is the president” overlay when they post in their thread

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Plank Walker posted:

the OP’s avatar should get a “this is the president” overlay when they post in their thread

oh most definitely this

Pepperoneedy
Apr 27, 2007

Rockin' it

Cast another vote for Hotdog Stand

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Just change the forum to a huge crayon drawing of the political compass and put it all in rainbow comic sans

and make the parent level of D&D blank with two subs: CSPAM and the old D&D reformed as "the decorum emporium"

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

Gumball Gumption posted:

I agree. If this comes to fruition it will be the first serious launch of a forums style sheet in like 15 years, let's invent our own thing rather than just become a FYAD clone. Talking heads and chyrons seems to be going in a better direction

PyPy
Sep 13, 2004

by vyelkin
just make it like red white and blue.

rock flag and eagle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

personally, i like the news-themed ideas being batted around. fits w the nyt needle and the pinocchio ideas nicely, too