Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

It looks like Twitter, avatars get little circles, the grenade is replaced with the verified checkmark

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Grapplejack posted:

It looks like Twitter, avatars get little circles, the grenade is replaced with the verified checkmark

Quote becomes retweet, etc. I think this would work pretty well depending on how wild you're allowed to get with the CSS

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Grapplejack posted:

i have made a mockup post of my terrible idea. I couldn't think of anything funny for most of the buttons though, sorry :(

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

bring back old gbs posted:

hell yeah night mode

I'm not a monster, I wouldn't force people to look at lite twitter and night mode is just black

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

King of Solomon posted:

How would people with custom grenades fit with this idea? I don't want to lose out on my pentagram, and I doubt people with a hammer&sickle would be psyched about that either.

If you're messing with the CSS I think you can just have it affect the regular grenade icon and not the other ones since they're separate in the CSS.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

25x25
50x50

50x50 is the smallest you can go imo, the 25x25 is workable but it's much harder to tell what it is. I'm also not going to bother making them transparent because i'm lazy

Grapplejack has issued a correction as of 00:56 on Jan 11, 2020

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Fleetwood posted:

something with a new retro wave aesthetic

edit: anything but golden khive borders

Red Hotline C-SPAMi

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

I'm still pro-twitter theme, since it's my idea. :v:

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

Okay you have "precincts reporting" as step 1.

my pinnochios, since I think they came out well enough that I'd like to see them put into whatever stylesheet eventually gets added, even if it isn't mine.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

A new probation avatar for cspam would be cool.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Safari sounds like it loving sucks rear end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Trabisnikof posted:

I like the buttons and layout to the third one. I think some monochromatic icons would flesh the buttons out well while still staying print-like.

Now 2 dumb ideas for fodder:

1. Big Initial Letter?

2. Newsprint grey for new posts, yellowed old news paper for old posts:

I hate 1, I actually like the yellowed color there though for 2.