Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

Want a new stylesheets for cspam? Make one and I'll add it, then revert it when it breaks everything, and eventually leave it in a half broken state and walk away mad.

I'm down to try for real.

time to figure out what a funny politics stylesheet looks like

it will not be the lf sheet. that was for lf. otherwise, lets hear ideas/see mockups

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Plank Walker posted:

the thread ratings should be replaced with the nyt election forecast needle

this is genius

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

does anyone DISLIKE the speech balloon, av-says-the-post style??

if you dislike something that people are batting around, MENTION THAT. failure to support it does not look like opposition. no one will get offended. and you need to have a forum you dont hate to look at

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

twoday posted:

This ads more scrolling and slows down reading and was unique to fyad, leave that in the grave of fyad

tyvm, this is the sorta thing we need before committing to something emptyquoted a bunch

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Pirate Jet posted:

make the blue mod star 🐷 and the red admin star :thermidor:

if plat/mod icons can be customized on the forum stylesheet, a blue pig replacing the star would rule imo

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Nothus posted:

And then make it autoban the user.

i was thinking about it on a train ride a couple weeks ago, and it struck me that the only 2 built-in systematic things we have on the forums to combat harassment are ignore and reports, and both are stigmatized as baby narc trash

and ive been turning that around in my head ever since

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

capitaldelendaest posted:

if the new stylesheet ends up being difficult to read, is there a way for users to opt out of seeing it? sorry if this is a dumb question, I'm new and just regged to keep reading the succzone and a games thread when the paywall went up after new years.

theres talk of making stylesheets selectable if you dislike the default, but technical questions hurt my pretty lil head :shrug:

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Hemick posted:

It's not all that hard to update a stylesheet even in the worst of implementations, I'd just wager the hard part would be getting Jeffrey's time to write the CSS. Given that you can't swing a stick without hitting someone that at least has passing knowledge of CSS around here, I'd bet if someone were to code it for him and submit the changes to him to be deployed that it would be pretty easy to get it updated regularly.

plan for it not getting updated, just in case it isnt. we only know what is available rn, not necessarily what the admins will be willing/able to do in the future

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

personally, i like the news-themed ideas being batted around. fits w the nyt needle and the pinocchio ideas nicely, too

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

twoday posted:

how about instead of a speech bubble every av gets a frame around it that makes it look like like it's in a tv?

it would break any avs that are actually 2+ imgs stacked on top of each other

which is just added value to the idea!!!

i wonder if the poster name could be moved beneath the av in a lil colored bar, like a cable news name caption graphic

might be a bit much but this is just brainstorming so

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

*looks around in panic* how....how did i get hoist up this—no.....n-no, oh no no..... *slaps leg, checking where i was carrying my petard* where...wh—no!!!

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

if we go w a news themed sheet, it would be fun if the quoted post txt said “sources familiar w [quoted poster] said”

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

hey folks im still on p7 reading this, had to let it go for a couple of days and im sorry. this isnt forgotten, dont worry. im just like 60-70 posts behind

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

i love the idea of mashing the newsmedia stuff together into a melange of print, tv, twitter, old timey neesreel—w/e can be made recognizable and fun/usable. if/when there is a stylesheet selector, that style should be called Fake News, imo

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

sincx posted:

Example:

value add imo

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

if you wanna use a background img for that, these look promising: https://inspirationhut.net/design-resources/20-high-quality-free-seamless-paper-patterns/

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

it would be extremely in character for us to get partway thru a coherent idea, pivot suddenly to something else, but leave in place everything already accomplished. and do that again at least once

if we end up w newspaper/space communism/???? hybrid, i for one would be delighted

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Shear Modulus posted:

can you make it so that the trump thread's title's spelling of "trump" is automatically changed to the last one posted in the thread

you have ik buttons. you can make this happen if you just commit to it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Shear Modulus posted:

what about when im asleep

i said commit