Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Squizzle posted:

does anyone DISLIKE the speech balloon, av-says-the-post style??

if you dislike something that people are batting around, MENTION THAT. failure to support it does not look like opposition. no one will get offended. and you need to have a forum you dont hate to look at
yes, for the scrolling/space reasons mentioned. If someone can redesign it so that it doesn't take up more vertical space than the default style, then I'd have no objection

RaySmuckles posted:

i like everything how it is. changing icons around is fine and unobtrusive, but a recoloring or changing how text is displayed strikes me as too much. i think subtly would do the most good
Then you're free to disable the style on your end and keep browsing the default. This objection would make sense if the wacky style was mandatory, but it's not, it's optional. Let the rest of us have fun.

bawfuls has issued a correction as of 22:11 on Jan 9, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

How often is this style sheet likely to get updated?

I assume not that often cause it's probably kind of a pain in the rear end.

As such, we should aim for wacky/irreverent/funny without relying too much on extremely current references. Decorum button instead of report, timeless leftist themes like red and black color scheme or the ghost of Marx, knockoffs of C-SPAN or cable news, etc.

The 2016 GOP primary background was hilarious at the time, but grows less relevant each passing day. Same goes for references to the piss tape, etc. Some day (inshallah) Trump will not be president anymore, so jokes about how insanely stupid his presidency was wont be as relevant.

Alternatively we could commit to a regular schedule of update/refresh to the theme, like every two years or every presidential election or w/e. But that sounds like more work for some poor admin

bawfuls has issued a correction as of 00:08 on Jan 10, 2020

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

More frequent updates would be cool

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Homeless Friend posted:

a small button (pic of sunglasses) and if u press it the truth is revealed
this is cool