Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:
Unsurprisingly, the Americans are all suggesting America-themed stylesheets. Which is fine if it's optional, but please then also add a Maoism-Third Worldism theme for non-Americans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

BOGO LOAD posted:

The header :syoon:
I feel like it needs to be bigger.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Thank you for making the header big. I can now say, with absolute certainty, that this is one of the most successful goon projects ever.

twoday posted:

this might be a bit too dark

It's perfect.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

I tried loving around a bit with a NY Times-inspired stylesheet. I think the biggest challenge is that C-SPAM posters are simply more efficient writers, and don't need twenty paragraphs to get a message across, which causes an imbalance between the various elements. A twitter-inspired stylesheet might work better, or perhaps some unholy combination of the two.

https://imgur.com/2GgEiTI

https://imgur.com/sbueZPR

https://imgur.com/xKfT9gc

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Thanks, I am much happier about those buttons than the rest too. :) Definitely agree that the post themselves don't really work, and I'm not sure it's really possible to make them do so. The content of an opinion columns or article is like the polar opposite of a C-SPAM post; a whole bunch of words with a ton of white space and no additional graphics, a few big images aside. I'd be cool if I was proven wrong though and someone actually managed to make it look good.

And yeah, user names might be an issue too.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Trabisnikof posted:

I like the buttons and layout to the third one. I think some monochromatic icons would flesh the buttons out well while still staying print-like.

2. Newsprint grey for new posts, yellowed old news paper for old posts:
I added both to my mockup.

https://imgur.com/T0m9EuE

That one is for the deluxe Pravda C-SPAM theme.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

ted hitler hunter posted:

inspired by nytimes blogs and twitter, it's tricky to make the tags and user titles fit into a newspaper theme though, maybe displaying them as if they were sidebar content on a website would work
Trying to join your mockup and suggestion with my earlier one:

https://imgur.com/2N9sIEw

And then a completely different aesthetic:
https://imgur.com/JGJ6A5o

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

twoday posted:

I like the newspaper idea obviously but gay space communism is cool too. Maybe make a list of options and do a poll?
Actually, the admins should do individual stylesheets for every poster.

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

im not a huge fan of the newspaper thing either tbh. doesnt really fit cspam, seems way too serious. the probation/ban avs own though.

e: i do like the title but i think going whole hog into looking like the nytimes or w/e is too much
Yeah, I kinda feel the same. Frankly, it'd be a better fit for D&D or BFC.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

DO NOT make both a Biden and a Trump stylesheet. One American stylesheet is enough, the other should be thoroughly international/intergalactic. If you have to have both Trump and Biden, just make like a boxing promo with the two facing each other and a lot of red, white and blue.

But really, is the stylesheet gonna be done before Biden is? Seems like a waste of effort.

twoday posted:

But no anime or tractors, that's an ADTRW thing, they already have that, and I don't like the thing with the av saying the post either because that's a FYAD thing. Let's make something new and unique to C-SPAM.
This is pure revisionism. Both of those things are FYAD, with tractor rights having been given to ADTRW for an anime tractor, but not the anime tractor.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

2DCAT posted:

Day crew/nite crew and then later death crew have been around c-spam since it's inception and it's kind of dumb to just shrug it off and dismiss it. I thoroughly enjoyed writing dumb nite crew references into all kinds of songs as the dumb gifs served as a source of inspiration. I don't care where it originated from but it's part of c-spam lore imo... Kind of like i don't care which country aquavit originated from, it's part of Swedish and Norwegian culture.
It's also part of Danish culture! This is what happens when you don't care.

Smythe posted:

How so? Can you show me where?
People seem on edge recently, the slightest comment will have them thinking you're coming at them.

Smythe posted:

cribbing the "nite krew" spelling verbatim isn't really helping the case of organic development. further, if you want to adhere to this forums marxist overtones it should refer to shifts as if we were factory workers, the intended audience of the manifesto.
That is a good point. Morning Shift / Swing Shift / Graveyard Shift would be a better fit thematically, and three way split would allow the other two "crews" to join forces should the third be on the verge of dominating the forum.

Alternatively, Lumpencrew.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Jewel Repetition posted:

We're not talking about a hypothetical thing here though. We already have day and night crews and they're already called that

Also making the first two sheets based on the crews works perfectly. Because Daycrew is known for being boring and serious so theirs can be the default easy to read one, whereas Nightcrew's should be as weird and obnoxious and impenetrable as possible
I'm sorry, but we've moved beyond the liberal is and into the communist ought.