Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

Yeah that's no good. Really not sure what to do without a mac - I could pay for one of these browser testing services I guess?

Looks like this now:

If I break this line in the CSS:

I get this:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

This is the literal reverse for me - I get Chomsky unless I have that line.

Yeah O.K. Safari is weird.

It seems like Safari doesn’t know what to do with the font-family “initial”.

It says it’s overriding Chomsky, but isn’t actually doing it.

Substituting “serif” does kick Chomsky out.

What does “ font-family: serif; ” look like to everyone else?

I assume there’s a reason to use “ initial ”, but they both look the same in Firefox on this machine.

e:

The options “initial”, “revert”, “unset”, and obviously “inherit” all allow the nav_subtitle to inherit Chomsky.

The latter three should. I don’t know why Safari interprets “initial” as inheritance as well.

“Fantasy” does this:

Platystemon has issued a correction as of 04:45 on Feb 11, 2020

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
I saw the probation image in the wild. It’s great. :allears:

The “verified” checkmark for OPs is also a very nice touch that I appreciate. :discourse:

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Terrorist Fistbump posted:

"Sources close to..." should end in something like "had this to say" instead of just "posted". Imo.

“Sources close to Lowtax, speaking on the condition of anonymity, stated:”

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Flavius Aetass posted:

Did cite and append buttons end up in PYF by mistake?

Nah. It’s intentional.

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Not only do I have a half finished psd of REVISE for edit but I have one for STRIKE instead of report because I am on a "make PYF list-themed" bender and also can't think of anything better. If everyone hates the PYF specific buttons we can revert them, my feelings won't be hurt :lmao:

Except LIST instead of post, that button stays.

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Also, fie on the lot of you for not acknowledging the PYF edit message, regardless of your button opinions the edit message is great :colbert:

Sources close to Platystemon, speaking on the condition of anonymity, stated that this is a good idea:

Inceltown posted:

Report could become "snitch" but maybe that's more suited to cspam

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.

Curabitur pretium tincidunt lacus. Nulla gravida orci a odio. Nullam varius, turpis et commodo pharetra, est eros bibendum elit, nec luctus magna felis sollicitudin mauris. Integer in mauris eu nibh euismod gravida. Duis ac tellus et risus vulputate vehicula. Donec lobortis risus a elit. Etiam tempor. Ut ullamcorper, ligula eu tempor congue, eros est euismod turpis, id tincidunt sapien risus a quam. Maecenas fermentum consequat mi. Donec fermentum. Pellentesque malesuada nulla a mi. Duis sapien sem, aliquet nec, commodo eget, consequat quis, neque. Aliquam faucibus, elit ut dictum aliquet, felis nisl adipiscing sapien, sed malesuada diam lacus eget erat. Cras mollis scelerisque nunc. Nullam arcu. Aliquam consequat. Curabitur augue lorem, dapibus quis, laoreet et, pretium ac, nisi. Aenean magna nisl, mollis quis, molestie eu, feugiat in, orci. In hac habitasse platea dictumst.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
@theiremployer

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Accretionist posted:

This feels like a handful of people encouraging each other to get weirder and weirder.

Remember: Hundreds of people will be using this.

I’m sorry, but if you can’t be bothered to take an interest in local affairs, that’s your own lookout. Energise the demolition beams.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

StashAugustine posted:

Make it look like a newspaper from a Trotskyist splinter group

Imagine competing Hoxhoaist and Posadist stylesheets.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Keep “sources close to” but make it black.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

TimWinter posted:

Is there a way to do this with css alone?

To get this:

Take this block:

and add this semicolon and line:

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

TimWinter posted:

Any idea how to get "posted" in black as well? I got this far too :/

It’s hacky, but here you go.

code:
.forum_269 .postbody a.quote_link:before {
 content:"Sources close to ";
  color: black
}
.forum_269 .postbody a.quote_link:after {
  content:", speaking on the condition of anonymity stated:";
  position: relative;
  right: 3.5em;
  color:black;
  background-color: #FAFAFA;
}
The blue “posted” is still there. It’s just hidden under text with an opaque background the same colour as the underlying page.

The positioning could be wrong with different fonts or renderers, and notably it doesn’t switch to yellow when the quote is of your own post.

There may well be a better way to do it.

Platystemon has issued a correction as of 08:52 on Feb 24, 2020

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Where are we going to put The Needle?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
The report button submits posts for fact-checking.