Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

make it look like an old soldier of fortune type magazine!

use a line quote style like this:

add the SA grenade to the last post like this:

then make avatars/gangtags/custom text look like advertisements for our usernames

can't you just see this as a forums post?

also do this

kingcobweb posted:

specifically i'd write it as "a source familiar with [poster]'s thinking says"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Make usernames read “This post has been funded in whole or in part by Squizzle” and I’m still pro making Avs look like ads.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

Thank y'all for the good ideas - I've been pretty busy lately and coming home and feverishly implementing suggestions at 4 am has been fun.

The clap button works on my end though maybe it's a little weak to straight-up copy yospos's thing? Not sure what folks think of that.

We definitely should have a background but it's hard to choose one.

what’s the limit for what it can do? a bit of js to randomly change the background image among a large set of jeb and friends would own.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

Yeah that's no good. Really not sure what to do without a mac - I could pay for one of these browser testing services I guess?

font-size: xxx-large isn't supported by safari.

You can check for supported css here: https://caniuse.com/#search=xxx-large

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Finicums Wake posted:

if a gifs are allowed, i can resize and add the yellow + white PROBATED text to this

https://i.imgur.com/bmWBioM.mp4

oh yeah that's way better

also this

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

posting about it is fine, but when the next christchurch shooter predictably has a bunch of epstein poo poo written on his rifle and in a manifesto it will get really tired to explain that where he/4chan/qanon are doing it for the lulz *we* are doing it because it's ostensibly funny.

and that’s not true for locking Hillary up? Lol

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

I like the buttons and layout to the third one. I think some monochromatic icons would flesh the buttons out well while still staying print-like.

Now 2 dumb ideas for fodder:

1. Big Initial Letter?

2. Newsprint grey for new posts, yellowed old news paper for old posts:

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

someone with a better depth of knowledge on constructivism should mockup one up.

little fabulous cosmonauts in the post icons, strong lines in primary colors, etc

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

does a style sheet selector also mean room for more styles if people do the actual css etc?

Because it would be awesome to be able to swap to old jeb while also getting access to debs 2027 and gay space constructivist, etc.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

for the nite krew option i want to suggest some constructivism inspiration:

* dope and cool
* pretty primary colors
* shapes are easier
* ideologically correct

also name the newpaper stylesheet "C" and the other one "SPAM"

Trabisnikof has issued a correction as of 00:15 on Sep 20, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trabisnikof