Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.

Dewgy posted:

From what I understand, Edward’s stat scaling just straight up breaks around level 70, and he’s extremely OP. Takes a bunch of grinding, sure, but you gotta have dedication if you want to start a superband.

Edward in general is actually really good if you know how to use him-- hide allows for cheese strats of a lot of different bosses (including Zeromus) and give him a bow and he's very good. I've always been a big advocate for him, even without the spoon flag active, which, well. Well.

I'm a mid-tier racer and semi-regular commentator (though I've stepped back a little from that lately) on races, so I can answer questions about competitive strategy, if anyone's curious.

I can also talk about the best strat in the game: quintzerk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Professor Duck posted:

Also, if you care to play along at home, the seed flags and number are here:

If you DO play along at home SPOILERS ONLY BEHIND SPOILER TAGS, PLEASE

You can just link that page to directly let people generate the seed, FYI.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Weeble posted:

So is the mod kind/smart enough to not spawn an unwinnable seed?

As in, not putting a key item behind a door you need that item to get through.

Like the Earth Crystal behind Zot.

Yeah, it won't ever cause a softlock due to key item placement. It is possible to place yourself into an unwinnable situation through other means like being gated by bosses you can't hope to kill, but you've got to go well out of your way to actually set that.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

ZiegeDame posted:

And potentially literally impossible depending on which spot Valvalis is in.

nah you can level over her evade if need be- it's actually generally safer to keep her in the spin in certain high-physical-attack spots because her counter after being knocked out of the spin can be brutal

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Palom can use bows :v:

e: also nuke can crack the mdef at dark elf

neongrey fucked around with this message at 09:02 on Jan 30, 2020

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

DGM_2 posted:

You're playing this on an emulator, right? Just keep restarting and fast-forwarding until the first character is revealed until you get the one you want, then save-state for the start of the video.

It's determined per seed, so it'd involve creating a whole new seed every time.

quote:

Am I right to assume there are no more than 5 versions of each character (enough for a full party)?

Oh no there's way more than that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

It is not.