Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!

ZiegeDame posted:

And potentially literally impossible depending on which spot Valvalis is in.

It seems like it's pretty easy to miss characters entirely in this mod, so is she doable realistically in a Kainless run with other characters?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

All that worry about getting Summons, and then you didn't cast a single summon the entire playthrough. Haha, you are a true MP hoarder.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Dr Pepper posted:

Bio has a base power of 128. Megaflare has a base Spell Power of 480.

Bio has a cast time of "0", while Megaflare has a cast time of "3." So I think it comes roughly to you can get three Bio casts in one Megaflare cast, so effectively 384 Spell Power. Which is 100 less than Megaflare. Unless Rydia is doing 3,333 or more damage per Bio than Megaflare is superior DPS. Granted, Bio is better than pretty much every other summon in terms of ST damage, but that's not what most summons are for.

Bio is kind of busted, unless you're hitting a weakness it's better DPS than the -ga spells.

Of course, if Rydia knows Flare then you've got a 400 Spell Power instant cast spell. Which handily beats out Megaflare.

But there were so many multi-enemy sloggy fights at the end, plinking away with basic attacks for five rounds. I was begging for a summon every now and then.

Not to say it wasn't a fun run! But yeah, you completely missed any Cecils, Rosa, or Fusoyas. A darn shame.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Professor Duck posted:

1.) Another objective (see list below for options)
and
2.) One optional other flag to add (see the list here)

1. Random objective
2. Uh, Vintage battlefields. (P.S. you link isn't working; I had to use the one from the OP).

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Is SYLP reflectable? Otherwise that's single-target summon damage.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

I'm very proud of you for overcoming your MP-use aversion.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

DGM_2 posted:

Hang on, did you have a unihorn in your inventory at the end of your previous video? If so, you could have saved yourself by curing Jem's berserk status!

Heh, I enjoyed that myself. "Cures confusion, berserk, etc. Not useful! Trash" right after getting a party wipe under an uncurable Berserk. In general though, it's still not very useful.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

That was a pretty magical ending to that last run.

Professor Duck posted:

So, since we're not down to....THE run...the run after which our thread is named, we have one last vote for any readers out there:
What flags do we add to our run?

I think that should be "now down to".

Boy, there are some mean flags in there. I'll just go with -kit:basic and -noadamants.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Randalor posted:

I can't seem to pull up the list of flags, so consider yourself lucky.

http://ff4fe.com/make

They should be there.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Yeaaaah, free, randomized shop items looks like it really destroys all challenge.

Remind me what the Pass does in this version, again?

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Randalor posted:

Eh, other than the free gold apples and elixers, most of what they bought could be bankrolled from one Crystal Sword sale. This just cut down on us having to sit through them grinding.

Heh, but the Free Golden Apples and Elixirs are kind of a big deal. And to be fair they haven't gotten amazing weapons from the shops, but the boost to survivability is huge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

A bunch of spoony bards hurl infinite firebombs at the embodiment of think. That sure was a thing.

Thanks for the LP! That was fun. I think you got one Cecil in like 5 runs?