Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

The one chest in Eblan castle is through a hidden tunnel on the same screen a space or two above the entrance tile. I may or may not have had to look that up myself. Also, get the Kain Train rolling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

So do you have to teach the summons to each Rydia, or do they spread through the Rydia hivemind so that once one Rydia learns a summon, all Rydias know it?

Also, I eagerly await when you find a shop selling Bahamut and buy it, considering that the first thing you did when you got Rydia was teach her Bahamut, and then 30 seconds later started talking about wanting to find Bahamut to teach her. Or are there two summons that Baham could be? Honest question, I haven't played FFIV in a long time.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Wait, then what did Baham teach her?

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

I don't know why you guys are so surprised at Yang's wife giving you the package, she just meant for you to deliver it to those sylph hussies that her husband was two-timing on her with.

Also, with the randomizer being able to double up on characters, I wish it had a way to do alternate sprites rather than just alternate palates. Wife instead of Yang, Black Mage and White Mage instead of Palom and Porom, Golbez instead of Cecil, Lucca instead of Cid! ...okay, that's all I got for Sprite swaps. Though the alternate palates are nice at least.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Fiends%. Does that also include the 4 fiends rematch fight?

Also, growing up, I always thought Vavalis's tornado had two large eyes staring out of the tornado, and only recently realized it was her head and shoulder that I was seeing.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

I won't lie, I am surprised that you didn't take three Edwards and name them Ed, Edd and Eddy.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Do you chose your starting character, or is it randomized as well? Because I can't wait for the run where you get all Cids except for one Edward :allears:

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Probably. And depending on if you found even a single item that grants reflect, they would have been perfectly safe in that Golbez fight (honest question, how many fights would you be able to cheese just by hiding everyone except one person who's reflected?)

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

In Edward's defence (and now I feel sick), in the base game, once you get the lamia harp his usefulness goes up quite a bit. I don't think there are any enemies immune to confusion when you have him in your party (except bosses), and lamia harp seemed to inflict it fairly reliably last time I played through the game. I'm not sure how many enemies can be confused after he leaves the party, but he can at least remove an enemy or two from the fight as threats until the party has chewed through the rest of the enemies.

I mean, that's it unless you're looking at FFIV Advance where they gave him the ridiculously powerful Apollo Harp for the endgame, but eh, that was a... questionable port as it is.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Hobologist posted:

I suppose -noadamants and no -spoon would be gratuitously cruel?

Seconding these flags. I thought the cruelty was the point?

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

I can't seem to pull up the list of flags, so consider yourself lucky.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

ksummon, kunsafe, cpermadeader, sfree -noadamants

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Wait, kamikaze was sold in a shop. I demand you resolve every boss fight going forward with mass exploding Edwards. Sure, you may lose some from permadeath, but that's why you have a pile of backup bards just waiting to hide behind the pile ofmdead bards.

Edit: I guess what I'm saying is, this FF IV style.

Randalor fucked around with this message at 03:32 on Mar 9, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Schwartzcough posted:

Yeaaaah, free, randomized shop items looks like it really destroys all challenge.

Remind me what the Pass does in this version, again?

Eh, other than the free gold apples and elixers, most of what they bought could be bankrolled from one Crystal Sword sale. This just cut down on us having to sit through them grinding.