Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DGM_2
Jun 13, 2012

Professor Duck posted:

I'd like to see those drawings, too. I always enjoyed the art that would be generated by threads, it'd be great to get that going here. Sadly, my artistic skills are all music-related, so I can't really contribute :smith:

Drawings, hell. We need a playthrough with a pink Rydia named Jem as the first character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DGM_2
Jun 13, 2012

Professor Duck posted:

I don't think I can specify starting colors, sadly.

You're playing this on an emulator, right? Just keep restarting and fast-forwarding until the first character is revealed until you get the one you want, then save-state for the start of the video. Am I right to assume there are no more than 5 versions of each character (enough for a full party)? With fast-forward it shouldn't take too long.

quote:

...but I can give you this awesome finale to our Fiends% run! :bubblewoop:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GU9iDUCvsPM

That'll do for now. :)

DGM_2
Jun 13, 2012

neongrey posted:

It's determined per seed, so it'd involve creating a whole new seed every time.

Yeah, I finally checked out the site. I hadn't realized a whole new ROM had to be generated for each seed.

So basically, the only way to guarantee pink Rydia would be to overwrite Rydia's sprite data with a hex editor, right? Sounds doable - especially since the LPers have already found a seed in which Jem exists - but not necessarily trivial.

EDIT - Correction: you'd lift Jem's sprite data from the old ROM with the hex editor, copy it to the appropriate file type and flash it to the new ROM through the emulator, right?

You can tell this isn't my wheelhouse.

DGM_2 fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Feb 15, 2020

DGM_2
Jun 13, 2012

Professor Duck posted:

Well, you got lucky--we found one REALLY close.

...and when I say "REALLY close", you'll have to watch to found out why its not exact!

Wow. 8-bit Jem is... amazing.

DGM_2
Jun 13, 2012

Indeed. Thankfully, no one else is the same.

DGM_2
Jun 13, 2012
Wow. Jem's behavior at the end was outrageous. Truly, tr- okay, I'll stop now.

But seriously, imagine Jem's mental state after that Golbez fight. You're a little girl in a world full of big, scary things trying to kill you, and all your friends - all the people who've been keeping you alive - have just been slaughtered right in front of you. You're alone, vulnerable and terrified. In desperation, you can only turn to a group of complete strangers and hope they're not even worse than the monsters you fight...

...And you're still not desperate enough to go anywhere with Edward.

loving beautiful.

DGM_2 fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Feb 23, 2020

DGM_2
Jun 13, 2012

Professor Duck posted:

A group of people that look almost exactly like the ones that were just killed, no less.

No, she's just using Synergy's hologram tech to make them LOOK like her old friends. She's still in denial about what happened and everyone's too afraid of her nuking them with Bahamut to stand up to her.

quote:

No wonder she drank wine and went berserk :v:

I doubt going through all of puberty in 2.5 seconds flat did much for her stability, either.

Poor girl. You really could write this run as a horror story from her POV.

quote:

...and we'll be seeing enough Edward for one lifetime soon enough, so he's not getting any more stage time then he deserves.

Can you actually force 5 Edwards?

DGM_2 fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Feb 23, 2020

DGM_2
Jun 13, 2012
Hang on, did you have a unihorn in your inventory at the end of your previous video? If so, you could have saved yourself by curing Jem's berserk status!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DGM_2
Jun 13, 2012

Professor Duck posted:

Well, now that I've (re)learned my lesson about Bacchus only being usable on the person selecting it, I shouldn't need it.

.....right? :mmmhmm:

If you find another way to screw yourself that could have been prevented by something you casually threw away, I will quote this back at you MERCILESSLY.