Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Naruto is actually really good, dattebayo~

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I hate anime but JoJo is pretty good

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
i will only watch cowboy bebop dubbed

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Coaaab posted:

i will only watch cowboy bebop dubbed

It's the best anime ever made.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

lol

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
Drops out into all this disorder
goku

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

I love Jojo's Bizarre Adventure

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Hey bro, me and the guys are gonna watch shield hero in the other dorm, wanna hang

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
anyone see this crazy new show? lil indie and def underrated but i think people will like it! very hype!!!!

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Persona isn't anime.

Elephant Parade
Jan 20, 2018

so I watched bakemonogatari the other day. japan is a strange place lmao

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

What's your favorite anime? Urusei Yatsura? How do you spell that? LOL Never heard of it. It doesn't have a Mother's Basement review so it must not be very good...

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I'll be honest..my heart's just not in this thread. Normies are our friends. If you talk to them maybe you'll realize their tastes are deeper than you think.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

GorfZaplen posted:

I'll be honest..my heart's just not in this thread. Normies are our friends. If you talk to them maybe you'll realize their tastes are deeper than you think.

Yep. Besides, whatever. Let people like what they like, generally speaking. The more normies the better.

Stalin-Chan
Feb 11, 2009
What even is a normie.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
Why does my friend keep recommending me this Mob Psycho show, the art looks so bad.

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
It's really weird that this show your recommending me sexualizes underage characters, I'm not going to watch it even though you claim it has redeeming features. I think you need higher standards for the media you consume, because the alternative is that you actually enjoy those horrible aspects.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

GorfZaplen posted:

Thank you.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Fangz posted:

Why does my friend keep recommending me this Mob Psycho show, the art looks so bad.

Normies love Mob Psycho you fool!!!

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

I remember telling an irl friend of mine that the tatami galaxy was my favourite show and he told me he couldn't watch it because it looked like poo poo

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

GorfZaplen posted:

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I have a normie friend who gets insanely hype every week due to Black Clover and I will never take that from him.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
my son is also called boruto

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
normies are friends and allies but they make fun of us sometimes so in the spirit of playful ribbing

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Stalin-Chan posted:

What even is a normie.

A miserable pile of secrets.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
No it's not technically anime because

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
Oh man I love Power Rangers! Super Sentai? What’s that?

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I have ton of friends whose interests in anime are limited to what's available on Netflix. That's perfectly kosher with me.

ThingOne
Jul 30, 2011

Would you like some tofu?

I tried reading One Piece but just couldn't get into it because of the art.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
Please go bathe and change your clothes for god's sake it's Christmas.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

7c Nickel posted:

Please go bathe and change your clothes for god's sake it's Christmas.

You know, I don’t really hear this very often. Maybe only, like, once or twice a year

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

I love TWD and Attack on Titan for the same reasons. Both shows are about the cold, brutal realities of the natural world. In both shows, death isn't a form of justice, it just happens, often to the people who least "deserve" to die. It's a hard truth that the vast majority of media desperately avoids or rationalizes. Both TWD and SnK are brave enough to confront that truth head on.

I've always thought of the two shows as being connected in that way.

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
not gonna lie, one of my biggest reasons for making a MAL was to finally convince my normie friend that I've seen more anime than him

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I like my coffee with cream and lsd.
I pronounce manga as "manga" not "manga"

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

it is 100% okay to explore dark topics in fiction. what is NOT okay is romanticizing or normalizing said dark topics. u must ALWAYS make sure the characters are vilified for their actions and behaviors to reinforce the fact that these things are NOT OKAY IN REAL LIFE

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
This thread is really bad but normie related: the eva artbook I got for christmas had this sticker on the shrink wrap

Cephas
May 11, 2009

Humanity's real enemy is me!
Hya hya foowah!
Manga is like..... Usagi Yojimbo, right? All the other ones at barnes and noble looked like, real bad.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

So what is a normie anyway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Cephas posted:

Manga is like..... Usagi Yojimbo, right? All the other ones at barnes and noble looked like, real bad.

Usagi Yojimbo kicks rear end