Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Al !
Jan 5, 2019

by Hand Knit

Reprisal posted:

You’re fine.

Dont mod WampaLord or Last Girl or anyone else suggested. Learn from FYAD.

who's this joker

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

I’m a little bummed that Sheng-Ji stepped down but LK and Squizzle look to be a good of a replacement team as any - LK has the experience and Squizzle has done a really good of weathering what must have been a crazy trial by fire. Nichael should be remodded also

Star Phlatulence
Jan 14, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Bleak Gremlin
lol good luck man

Squizzle posted:

welcome to cspam binch

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

Everyone's so focused on who should be mod that nobody's asking if we should have mods at all.

Wakko
Jun 9, 2002
Faboo!
without mods the mass of posters regresses to utter barbarism

LK is a cool dude imo

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

really queer Christmas posted:

I'm good with lk but how the hell did cspam campaign to get logik out and somehow got half the board demodded except for him????

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
make r guyovich a ik he loves cspam

Somebody has issued a correction as of 07:17 on Jan 11, 2020

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
i just read the op. indimidated by cspam? lmfao. this coward will be easy to bully

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

more mods more masters

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

to qualify my endorsement of wampa lord a little more most of the support he has here is from his excellent probing and room talking of the most recent party plane jones fallout thread but as someone who participates in other threads hes been modding wampa lord has long been a stabilizing influence that is super responsive to feedback and this was also the case from before he was even an ik he helps create an atmosphere that renders probes not terribly necessary to begin with

because of his probing though ive also come to realize that wampa lord reads a lot more threads than the ones he posts in which i think is probably an even bigger asset to the job than his just having a really good attitude and not melting down or doubling down when someone calls him out for a bad post im not saying wampa lord should be a mod because i like him im saying i like wampa lord because he has all the right qualities to be a good mod

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

wampa lord gold mined important forums history when no mod would answer the call

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!
this thread has good Content. rated 5

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

I dunno man, you were probated pretty recently, and we have to take a history of troublemaking into account

(One of us, one of us!)

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Why subject yourself to this

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

Homeless Friend posted:

i just read the op. indimidated by cspam? lmfao. this coward will be easy to bully

Why do you think I'm endorsing him?

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

Some Guy TT posted:

ive also come to realize that wampa lord reads a lot more threads than the ones he posts in

This makes me think he's a computer toucher. :chloe:

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Siljmonster posted:

Why subject yourself to this

sa moderator motto

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

WampaLoser speak up. Are you a computer toucher or do you work a noble profession like retail or dog walking?

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
I consent to joinder with you, traveller.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

if you hate me endorse me for mod

Homeless Friend posted:

make r guyovich a ik he loves cspam

no don't gently caress him

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Inverted Offensive Battle: Acupuncture Attacks Convert To 3D Penetration Tactics Taking Advantage of Deep Battle Opportunities

T-man posted:

I wasn't planning on it.:smug:

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
now that als probed let's laugh at his rear end for autobaning when he had another account, what's up with that

T-man posted:

smdh mods are censoring my truth telling

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
lol at homex loving cspam, this den of socdems

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

LK I am so sorry that the mods hate you enough to make you CSPAM mod

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Inverted Offensive Battle: Acupuncture Attacks Convert To 3D Penetration Tactics Taking Advantage of Deep Battle Opportunities

Homeless Friend posted:

lol at homex loving cspam, this den of socdems

Don't you dare presume to speak for me when it comes to ideology. I'm 100% Space Comrade/Dolphin Posadist.

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment
gently caress you

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

No gently caress me

A Big Fuckin Hornet
Nov 1, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
gas this thread. ban the mods.

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

I'm saying 'no' but only because we need you in D&D :ohdear:

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011
Eh, so long as you're not a crypofascist or diddler then I guess you're pretty much automatically a better-than-average SA mod. :shrug:

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

I don't post much and I'm not a good one when I do, but I think Lightning Knight is ok as a mod for C-Spam but C-Spam also needs C-Spammy representation. Because if we are just probed and banned by those who don't come from this forum, how can we stop ourselves from throwing all Lowtax' tea (spine) out of his ship (body)?

e: I also seem to have missed a ton of forums developments O_o I usually just go to the threads I participate in via the UCP...holy moly.

An insane mind has issued a correction as of 10:51 on Jan 11, 2020

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Lightning Knight posted:

Hi. My name is Lightning Knight. Most of you probably know me as "a D&D mod." I've been a lot of things on this forum, most of them bad, as it were.

I come to you today because two of the CSPAM mods, Captain_Maclaine and Sheng-Ji Yang, have recently stepped down. The administrators have planned to add more mods from CSPAM, and ideally determine who CSPAM would like who is a good candidate, but that takes time. As such, they decided that since CSPAM seems to inexplicably at least tolerate me, they would ask me to change roles from D&D mod to CSPAM mod.

I am ok with this. I never posted in CSPAM regularly before becoming a mod, because I found it intimidating. But I have come to enjoy it and post in both D&D and CSPAM fairly regularly. CSPAM is a very different space with very different moderation expectations that I hope I could meet, but it would of course be a learning process.

However

One of CSPAM's core complaints has been a lack of feedback or communication from admins and a perception that moderation is "other" to the forum. So I come today to ask you, users of CSPAM, if you are ok with me becoming a mod of your subforum. If you say no, I won't feel bad. I will stay in D&D and things will progress otherwise. If you say yes, I will switch over, pending administrator action.

I leave this issue to you to discuss. I hope you speak charitably of me.

Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,

LK

anybody dumb enough to want to mod cspam deserves everything they get, so you've got my vote

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Screaming Idiot posted:

you're cool and you play warframe, a game where you murder cops and soldiers as handsome faceless cyborg men with fantastic asses and help mutilated cyborg workers form the beginnings of communism

yeah, you're okay

:same: unless you're a limbo main

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
Edit: hi

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Lightning Knight posted:

Hi.

lol

Prince Myshkin
Jun 17, 2018
I'm pretty sure the worst people in D&D would welcome this change, so I vote against it on principle.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
this might be unpopular but i don't think cspam needs too many mods outside of squizzle/lk. what it needs are 6-8 semi-rotating IK's just imo

i'm not actually sure how many ik's there are currently

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

I disagree. Cspam is really high traffic, IKs apparently can't see reports, and cspam is gonna probably get a lot more traffic w/ the election.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

ill also put in an unpopular opinion im not super keen on nichael and lastgirl nichael is really nice and i want to do something for jessica scarane next month because gently caress chris coons but the guy really tries to avoid controversy in his posting which i dont consider an optimal quality for a moderator

lastgirl is the opposite problem maybe its just me but it seems like once people started pushing her for mod her posting escalated to the point that she was just randomly making GBS threads all over raskolnikov for no reason and by the time we got to the bomb threat it kind of felt like she was trying to get people to stop calling for her to be mod without actually having to reject the idea personally

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

comedyblissoption posted:

I disagree. Cspam is really high traffic, IKs apparently can't see reports, and cspam is gonna probably get a lot more traffic w/ the election.

I forgot that the primary is about to fully kick off because it feels like it's been going on forever