Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crakkerjakk
Mar 14, 2016

She didn't post a bomb threat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Some Guy TT posted:

ill also put in an unpopular opinion im not super keen on nichael and lastgirl nichael is really nice and i want to do something for jessica scarane next month because gently caress chris coons but the guy really tries to avoid controversy in his posting which i dont consider an optimal quality for a moderator
got it, be more of a dick

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

sorry nichael its the cspam way i dont make the rules

Iamgoofball
Jul 1, 2015

give me a sixer and i'll vote for you LK

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Nichael posted:

got it, be more of a dick

It's what the people want

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Jose posted:

I forgot that the primary is about to fully kick off because it feels like it's been going on forever

americans have a system that's dumb as poo poo and holds the rest of us hostage with their succ bullshit 3 out of every 4 years.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

dont forget to punish me for my insolence when you get your buttons back nichael its the only way to force the others to show you respect

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

i woul dlike to see LK modded, but also, WampaLord, and chokes mcgee should be given some kind of praise or official designation for running the mental health sticky

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

Iamgoofball posted:

give me a sixer and i'll vote for you LK

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Some Guy TT posted:

lastgirl is the opposite problem maybe its just me but it seems like once people started pushing her for mod her posting escalated to the point that she was just randomly making GBS threads all over raskolnikov for no reason and by the time we got to the bomb threat it kind of felt like she was trying to get people to stop calling for her to be mod without actually having to reject the idea personally

i mean there was a reason, i called her insane in some QCS thread

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Some Guy TT posted:

lastgirl is the opposite problem maybe its just me but it seems like once people started pushing her for mod her posting escalated to the point that she was just randomly making GBS threads all over raskolnikov for no reason and by the time we got to the bomb threat it kind of felt like she was trying to get people to stop calling for her to be mod without actually having to reject the idea personally

lastgirl is somewhat volatile and poisoned by like 6 layers of hyper-irony, but otoh there was nothing wrong with her tenure as IK.

It's really hard to tell how people will react to being given power. Baloogan for example was an utter piece of poo poo but actually good at IKing for some loving reason.

e: also voting for wampalord, they were the only one who stood with the people while even our mods turned against us

e2: also lk is fine since he actually apologizes when he fucks up and doesn't try to pr-speak us to death

Yinlock has issued a correction as of 17:18 on Jan 11, 2020

Barnum Brown Shoes
Jan 29, 2013

Yeah sure, lets do this.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Jonah Galtberg posted:

I’m a little bummed that Sheng-Ji stepped down but LK and Squizzle look to be a good of a replacement team as any - LK has the experience and Squizzle has done a really good of weathering what must have been a crazy trial by fire. Nichael should be remodded also

eh Squizzle didn't do much besides try to shut down discussion on the hilarious nazi spy ring and announce that an announcement was forthcoming, wampa was the one who made sure things didn't get completely out of hand by ejecting bad-faith shitters and actively advocating on behalf of c-spam

not saying Squiz is cancelled forever but he didn't exactly inspire confidence there

Bearded Whiteguy
Mar 2, 2018

I APPROPRIATE THE PLIGHT OF OTHER RACES TO FILL THE VOID OF BEING A FAT USELESS FUCK
LK I think will be a good mod. They’ve been really upfront about all of this and even tried to keep B2 from getting Perma’d. I think they fit well in the culture, plus how they handled PPJ’s outing was far better than the other mods.

Wampalord and Nicheal are also cool and good. They should be mods too.

Otoh I’m dumb as hell so that’s not a ringing endorsement for all of you.

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

"We're not laughing with you, we're laughing at you"

Lk is a fine mod, he actually post a bit on cspam so he understands the absolute pit of scum and vilanythe culture.

Also nichael seems like good dude, I'm not sure how much time he will have or how involved he is with Jesse's campaign, but we will definitely need more mods for election season, so make him one.also wampalord because he did a fine job on the goldmine thread.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Yinlock posted:

Squiz is cancelled forever

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

big if true

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...
Since a lot of important decisions on this website are discussed and decided by the mods, each subforum should be be represented in this process by a number of mods proportional to their population

Imp Zone has 15 users browsing it right now and 1 mod, so with CSPAM's 494 users we should clearly have about 33 mods. This isn't super precise math so I'm willing to compromise by a mod or two.

Anukis
Jan 23, 2006

I'm an empathetic, sensitive, educated, intellectually curious non-idiot. Hi.

Takanago posted:

Since a lot of important decisions on this website are discussed and decided by the mods, each subforum should be be represented in this process by a number of mods proportional to their population

Imp Zone has 15 users browsing it right now and 1 mod, so with CSPAM's 494 users we should clearly have about 33 mods. This isn't super precise math so I'm willing to compromise by a mod or two.

Sorry to the 31 fuckers drafted into service who will have to endure liberals demanding they abandon their principles to protect hateful weirdos.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

so in accordance with the new vichy regime, when are we drafted into forced labor camps and our fleet of ships scuttled to prevent a naval uprising

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

:rolleyes:

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

Jose posted:

this might be unpopular but i don't think cspam needs too many mods outside of squizzle/lk. what it needs are 6-8 semi-rotating IK's just imo

i'm not actually sure how many ik's there are currently

We don't need a bunch of mods as long as the mods we have actually pay attention.

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

Wampa is too much of a rules guy.

Higgy
Jul 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Turdfuzz posted:

We don't need a bunch of mods as long as the mods we have actually pay attention.

also ones that aren't actually nazis or hang out in nazi spaces

criteria might be a little too high now that i actually i type it out

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

redneck nazgul posted:

so in accordance with the new vichy regime, when are we drafted into forced labor camps and our fleet of ships scuttled to prevent a naval uprising

Right now if you count as a ship tyvm

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
give me full admin powers in cspam so i can go full stalinist tia

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
no mod's no master's

Bushido Brown
Mar 30, 2011

Jose posted:

this might be unpopular but i don't think cspam needs too many mods outside of squizzle/lk. what it needs are 6-8 semi-rotating IK's just imo

I agree with this and the implicit statement that Logik shouldn't be a C-SPAM mod. More seriously, I don't think "too little moderation" is generally a problem C-SPAM has.

Re: LK, I appreciate that he is responsive because that helps calm the storms and avoids problems escalating. I think duder is a little naive, but he isn't dead set on things/pushing a viewpoint through moderation, from what I can tell.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

I LITERALLY SLEEP IN A RACING CAR. DO YOU?
p.s. ask me about my subscription mattress
Ultra Carp

Nichael posted:

Nothing against you Lightning Knight, but I think a major reason why people have been upset is a lack of self-moderation on this community's part. Why not give this to WampaLord?

Come on, just mod someone who is actually a poster from this forum

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

Vim Fuego posted:

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

T-man posted:

Right now if you count as a ship tyvm

my fav cspam ship is schneckle (schnorkles/freckle)

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Vim Fuego posted:

lol owned squizzle

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Jose posted:

lol owned squizzle

did you miss my cancellation??

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Jose posted:

give me full admin powers in cspam so i can go full stalinist tia

no me first

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Vim Fuego posted:

You rang...? :commissar:

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Turdfuzz posted:

one mod paying attention to a fuckhuge forum sounds like a real smart idea yeah you're right drat wow

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Jose posted:

squizzle, LK, and wampalord would make good mods here and we will finally be out from under the yoke of the imperialist dogs of d&d

the idea of 6-9 semi-rotating IK's would be nice though

also nichael needs to be a permanent IK since he has the nazi hunting instincts that bad (or sick) mods don't

Gringostar has issued a correction as of 20:11 on Jan 11, 2020

mycatscrimes
Jan 2, 2020
make every cspam poster an ik so we can all probate each other to death all day

Seriously 2.0
May 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
Before we say yay to LK I think we should test him, see if he got what it takes to mod the venerable C-SPAM subforum (oppressed by noted liberal centrist den of villainy, D&D).

1: What's your opinion of landlords? Choose one alternative:

A) Parasites. B) Bourgeois scum. C) GOKU. D) Write your own succ opinion here.

2: Have you ever attended a winecave? Write an answer with 100 words.

3: How is the name of our cheeto commander in chief, U.S.A really spelled? Write a free-form answer here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Vim Fuego posted: