Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Seriously 2.0 posted:

Before we say yay to LK I think we should test him, see if he got what it takes to mod the venerable C-SPAM subforum (oppressed by noted liberal centrist den of villainy, D&D).

1: What's your opinion of landlords? Choose one alternative:

A) Parasites. B) Bourgeois scum. C) GOKU. D) Write your own succ opinion here.

2: Have you ever attended a winecave? Write an answer with 100 words.

3: How is the name of our cheeto commander in chief, U.S.A really spelled? Write a free-form answer here.

this is one of the worst posts i've ever read

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
coming out of my bunker to say hell yah for LK being mod

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Jose posted:

while I appreciate your attempt at freestyle I’m afraid we’ve decided to move forward with other candidates

e: also your sigs are on just FYI

Chokes McGee has issued a correction as of 20:53 on Jan 11, 2020

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Frog Act posted:

i woul dlike to see LK modded, but also, WampaLord, and chokes mcgee should be given some kind of praise or official designation for running the mental health sticky

real talk I’ve been considering asking for ik powers back on the condition I only use them for the mental health thread but it’s been so (moderator) drama free I don’t think I need to

I know he’s not popular around these parts but logik did do a lot of work behind the scenes to get it to the place it is now when we were just starting out. nichael’s also been very good at probating poo poo stirring morons, and fau’s way better at advice giving than I am.

but honestly we haven’t had any incidents in almost... 2? 3 months now? that’s breathtaking imo

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Chokes McGee posted:

real talk I’ve been considering asking for ik powers back on the condition I only use them for the mental health thread but it’s been so (moderator) drama free I don’t think I need to

I know he’s not popular around these parts but logik did do a lot of work behind the scenes to get it to the place it is now when we were just starting out. nichael’s also been very good at probating poo poo stirring morons, and fau’s way better at advice giving than I am.

but honestly we haven’t had any incidents in almost... 2? 3 months now? that’s breathtaking imo

thread-specific iks are common in the rest of the forums. one of the v first mod convos i got into was new iks for cspam, and the admins asked several times who would oversee what thread. i think it was lk who actually stepped in to be like, eeehh cspam iks are usually at-large, all-cspam folks

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Seriously 2.0 posted:

Before we say yay to LK I think we should test him, see if he got what it takes to mod the venerable C-SPAM subforum (oppressed by noted liberal centrist den of villainy, D&D).

1: What's your opinion of landlords? Choose one alternative:

A) Parasites. B) Bourgeois scum. C) GOKU. D) Write your own succ opinion here.

2: Have you ever attended a winecave? Write an answer with 100 words.

3: How is the name of our cheeto commander in chief, U.S.A really spelled? Write a free-form answer here.

1) parasites

2) no, why the gently caress would I do that

3) Cheeto Benito

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

hope that isnt breaking the secret mod discussion code. i didnt reveal the secret lizard people, at least

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

wow, zero for three

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

it's okay, LK, i know you are here to properly educate us savage goblins in the noble ways of foruming, where we will put aside our pagan ritual worship of "tmurp" in favor of "BIG! STRUCTURAL! BAILEY!"

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

redneck nazgul posted:

it's okay, LK, i know you are here to properly educate us savage goblins in the noble ways of foruming, where we will put aside our pagan ritual worship of "tmurp" in favor of "BIG! STRUCTURAL! BAILEY!"

you spell words however you want and I will support you because you are valid

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

DON'T POST IN THE ELECTION THREAD UNLESS YOU :love::love::love: JOE BIDEN
Greeting Lightning Knight. Hail Hydr-OH Hi CSPAM, didn't see you standing over there. Well here's your new mod as requested, 100% free of our influence.

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

Helsing posted:

Greeting Lightning Knight. Hail Hydr-OH Hi CSPAM, didn't see you standing over there. Well here's your new mod as requested, 100% free of our influence.

where? is he behind lk?

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Helsing posted:

Lightning Knight has issued a correction as of 21:28 on Jan 11, 2020

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

capitaldelendaest posted:

make every cspam poster an ik so we can all probate each other to death all day

there was an rsf idea for this a long time ago and ive always thought it would own, if there was some way to only limit iks to sixers to not overload the modqueue

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

i realize it's unintentional, but there's a certain amount of irony in a D&D mod play fighting nazis for propaganda purposes given recent events

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

lk has been the most interactive cspam mod since all the ppj stuff was going down, so it seems fair to let lk slide into a mod seat for cspam directly as long as there's still room for other cspam mods to emerge

redneck nazgul posted:

i realize it's unintentional, but there's a certain amount of irony in a D&D mod play fighting nazis for propaganda purposes given recent events

:vince:

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

redneck nazgul posted:

:hmmyes:

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

redneck nazgul posted:

I actually did think about this but I couldn’t find a gif of the scene I wanted, which was the elevator scene from The Winter Soldier.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I'm cool with LK as a mod but I don't think LK should become a mod for C-Spam until Wampa, also becomes one. Just make them mods together. It'd mostly be a make-good/PR move but uh, cspam deserves some make-goods.

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Lightning Knight posted:

I actually did think about this but I couldn’t find a gif of the scene I wanted, which was the elevator scene from The Winter Soldier.

actually, as a d&d mod i believe you'll find this more to your liking

Gringostar has issued a correction as of 22:07 on Jan 11, 2020

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

lk, what is the best soup

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

lol

Squizzle posted:

I'm a big fan of jambalaya and gumbo personally. I'm not sure if that's what you're thinking of when you say "soup" but that's what I would categorize them as.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
those are stews

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

DON'T POST IN THE ELECTION THREAD UNLESS YOU :love::love::love: JOE BIDEN
I don't know about soups but an extra spicy soon tofu with a raw egg cracked into it is the superior stew.

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit

Nichael posted:

got it, be more of a dick

its not about being a dick its about never letting anyone forget that you have a dick

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Jose posted:

Hahahah

My Mother The Car
Feb 15, 2001
When does the hurting stop?

Lightning Knight posted:

lol

I'm a big fan of jambalaya and gumbo personally. I'm not sure if that's what you're thinking of when you say "soup" but that's what I would categorize them as.

You were vocal and transparent during the recent drama and you seem to not have an agenda. Also you have excellent opinions regarding gumbo.

My dumb lurker rear end supports your modship.

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

mp5 posted:

one mod paying attention to a fuckhuge forum sounds like a real smart idea yeah you're right drat wow

I didn't say one mod ya ding dong.

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
Truly we have all become cspam modded

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Mayor Dave posted:

Truly we have all become cspam modded

*'Spartacus'-style* I'M A C-SPAM MOD!

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

The more I think about it the more I'd like to see a mod to replace Shengji. Someone who's a bit more chaotic like Calibanibal or Landerig. Wampa, Squizzle, and LK are all too similar.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

ok but you're not truly a cspam mod unless you hand out comedy sixers like sweeties, starting with me

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Squizzle posted:

trick question, no soup

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

dex_sda posted:

trick question, no soup

counterpoint: mushroom

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

the best soup is this italian sausage tortellini one I’ve been making lately

and I should know

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Also I think you are fine after your handling of meltdown crew but I gotta see your joke sixer game so hit me, cop

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Turdfuzz posted:

The more I think about it the more I'd like to see a mod to replace Shengji. Someone who's a bit more chaotic like Calibanibal or Landerig. Wampa, Squizzle, and LK are all too similar.

I endorse calibanibal as my replacement

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
Calibanibal queuing permabans for food post, a new day in cspam

Malah
May 18, 2015

Calibanibal would leak mod forum at the first opportunity.

That's an endorsement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Homeless Friend posted:

Calibanibal queuing permabans for food post, a new day in cspam

finally