Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

I kind of love the [body count] choices.

Also, gotta admire that raider optimism. You'd think they'd be on guard since they person they sent to parlay never returned but nope.

Hypocrisy fucked around with this message at 06:11 on Jan 24, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

I hope this scammer plotline ends with you getting nothing for being a greedy fool.

I'm shocked at how much content you apparently missed.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Convince a single deluded man you're the messiah? Child's play. Let me tell you about a game where you convince several deluded people you are their god and then kill the lamest space satan.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

I vote Mercenary. Sure, the combat looks clumsy and unpleasant but perhaps that is just because we have not had sufficient exposure to it.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

I can't help but feel like your assassin isn't really that great at killing people.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Huh. That sucked exactly as much as I imagined it would.

That Gaelius blurb was pretty funny though. Congrats on getting thoroughly owned.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Hahahaha, I like the game calling you out on being 0/2 on properly guarding people.

These Imperial Guards are assholes but luckily for them, they got Brutus watching their backs.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Hahaha Linos' power play ending like that is fantastic.

I assume the Imperial Guards take over now.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Huh. How much more gold does Linos have? Does this leave Antidas broke and incapable of replacing the Guard with mercenaries?

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

That's Gladiator Jr. League Champion Octavia to you.

Gaelius is king of the dung pile so he's not willing to take any risk to his position even as the world disintegrates outside and he lives next to some death pit called the Abyss.

Antidas is so desperate he's buying glowing rings. The third guy sounds nuts but who knows.

OPEN THE HELLGATE!

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

She's a loremaster.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

So when are we putting Hastur in us?

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Awww...that was the perfect time for a body count check.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Getting scammed and being tricked into murdering people is actually really common in rpgs.

I wonder what he said to get the title though.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

I'm sure we'll get a chance to ruin Miltiades' life. Some guy named Suspicio will ask us if we want to make a quick 10 Imperials and one thing will lead to another.

Speculation time, did the Abyss get created by one of the god people created within it? They wanted free, summoned a big rock, and then crawled out of the crater when they were done.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

I guess Hassan learned but he couldn't change his path at that point and it doesn't seem like it ended well.

I was curious why the text accorded so much respect to Antidas in the Imperial Guard kill him slides. Makes sense now.

Is the sword any good?

I assume that the robot/golem chooses death rather than be your slave if you figure out how to control the rings.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

rudecyrus posted:

Next Time: King of the assholes

I think we've met everyone, more or less, on the op banner at this point.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

I like to imagine all of this going on right before Alt Octavia god nukes the city.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

drat, the developer really hates Assassins doesn't he? It's just a constant stream of getting owned or being owned.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

I fully support worsening relations with the Commercium at all possible opportunities.

Everyone in Teron is desperate to do big things while everyone Maadoran is annoyed at the idea of anything changing. drat, now I wish there was a Praetor run. Well, I suppose Octavia is a Praetor.

Hypocrisy fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Apr 15, 2020

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Poor Rusty.

Tiresias is a surprisingly practical man with his lessons.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

They say you're not a hero but you go from owning the Commercium to Antidas to putting Gaelius in the ground all while being the golden child for the guild leaders.

RIP Gaelius again. Over confident to the end.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Night10194 posted:

While the PC does not have a destiny and cannot single-handedly kill entire armies, nothing stops them being an extremely competent person. They're still the protagonist and drive events around them.

I think some of what they mean with the game is more...you kind of have to build up to it. You do some kind of impressive deed in Teron that brings you to the attention of others, which then drives your career to take off in Maadoran and come to a head later. It's not that you're worthless or unable to change the world, it's more that there's more of a career for the PC.

While they didn't single-handily kill an entire army, the Mercenary PC made a legendary stand against the Ordu complete with cutting down Belgutai. So close enough.

But yeah, I get it. I'm just kind of laughing at how well the Thief PC does compared to everyone but maybe the Commercium PC.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

I like the Annalist getting mad at you. "I told you where this came from man, what do you expect?"

I am excited for this Hellgate though.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Is Meru hoping to bring a "god" into himself without wards? Something else?

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

The entity has some wit.

Is there an alternative way besides sacrifice? The crystal helm and being able to travel to a magical blue realm is probably outside the scope of the game.

I wonder how the other professions will reach a similar ending place. Or if they do. I suppose they all follow Meru. It'll be funny to see Merc MC stab some godling to death without having any idea of what's happening.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Hellgate was a lot less exciting then described. You got a missile though.

How does the 100 Thieves path work at this point? Does Levir just find another magic jar to heal himself?

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

My guess is the Qantari purposely sabotaged the fail safe and the Legatus replaced the three dead champions with wards with three soldiers...without wards.

Nice payoff about the glass helmet.

Also glad to see unknowable godlike entities are just as prone to never learning as we are.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Glad this LP is back.

To be fair, if I was Strabos I'd be feeling like the Merchant is getting a little too good at overthrowing people so a reward that isn't a knife to the guts isn't bad.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Bit of an own goal by killing Faelun like that Varro.

Mercenary is a pawn but he has a title for now. Moving on up in the world!

Wow, another update. And we stay Legatus too! Big lol at Paullus inadvertently saving the world by blowing up Al Akia. Being the religious guard and being able to abandon all trappings of former restraints...quite a coup.

Hypocrisy fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Oct 14, 2020

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Enjoying the rapid updates. Still pretty funny how the Merchant got zilch.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

It's still really funny that Balzaar holds a grudge for centuries and once it manages to come back, it immediately gets its head bashed in by Feng's former apprentice.

Guess Agathoth is getting a reunion with Balzaar. Octavia did pretty good for herself though this new empire only goes as far as Gaelius does.

No Miltiades slide?

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

"gently caress it, use the Divine Spear" is pretty perfect for the idiot who keeps on reviving and kneeling before these giant squids.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

The wards do hold! Maybe...

Been a fun journey.