Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barco Fiesta

a fantasy of olives
you can do an existing variation of a real sport, or combine elements of multiple sports, or go crazy with it and make something totally off the wall. it's up to you, BYOB.

for reference here is a list of all sports

L@@K ==> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_sports <== L@@K

Some of my ideas:

Tae Kwon Dootball
This is essentially tackle football but all of the players are Tae Kwon Do practitioners, classed according to belt, wearing normal Tae Kwon Do safety gear and uniforms. they do all the normal motions of football but instead of tackling and blocking, it's all punches and crazy spin kicks. in a field goal, the guy who holds the ball instead throws it into the air, the goal is only good if the kicker has both feet off the ground during the kick, and it's an extra point if he can blast it straight through the scoreboard somehow. yeah, that's dootball baby.

BDSM curling
Like normal curling, you have two people with brooms trying to control the speed and distance of a stone as it rolls across ice to land it in a target while yelling at each other, but you also have two leather-clad people flogging the people with the brooms and yelling at them. This motivates them to do better at curling.

BYOBall
In this sport, two or more players ignore a ball, instead smoking weed and telling jokes near the ball, on the BYOBall court, or out in the BYOBall field if it's nice out. Every time a player smokes the weed or says something funny, they get a point. If ButtTheShitmanFart ever posts, the game ends and all of the players win. Nobody ever loses at BYOBall because there is only one team.

Unicycle fencing
This is self-explanatory

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ferroque

Competitive Sex

biosterous

trampoline wrestling - american freestyle wrestling by very bouncy. gotta work extra hard to pin someone! might turn into pro wrestling pretty quickly?

e:

Barco Fiesta posted:

for reference here is a list of all sports
L@@K ==> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_sports <== L@@K

this has "dog surfing" as a sport so i think one quick addition is to add dogs to every sport

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

Heather Papps

hello friend

Snorf
Toss a bunch of rubber balls in the corner of the high school.

Keep the balls in motion.

The only rule is keep the balls in motion.

Manifisto

passive aggressive football - points are scored whenever the football accepts a compliment as sincere but later realizes it was an insult

ty nesamdoom!

xcheopis

Manifisto posted:

passive aggressive football - points are scored whenever the football accepts a compliment as sincere but later realizes it was an insult

Wow, that's a great idea; so different from your other work.

safety wink. i think you are very talented.

Manifisto

xcheopis posted:

Wow, that's a great idea; so different from your other work.

safety wink. i think you are very talented.

she scores! the crowd goes wild!

ty nesamdoom!

szkud

ferroque posted:

Competitive Sex

69 with points?

~(‾▿‾)~

Heather Papps

hello friend

Dogspotting

Barco Fiesta

a fantasy of olives

biosterous posted:

trampoline wrestling - american freestyle wrestling by very bouncy. gotta work extra hard to pin someone! might turn into pro wrestling pretty quickly?

e:

this has "dog surfing" as a sport so i think one quick addition is to add dogs to every sport

dog trampoline wrestling

biosterous

yes

gallery of sigs

he/him

Manifisto

squirrel ignoring - self explanatory, players win points for ignoring squirrels

ty nesamdoom!

Manifisto

reverse basketball - sort of like bobbing for apples, except basketballs

ty nesamdoom!

Manifisto

priceless ming vase catch and toss - the sport of kings

ty nesamdoom!

Manifisto

who's afraid of fuzzy kittens - competition is fierce, raw talent at this game is off the charts

ty nesamdoom!

biosterous

leaf counting - count leaves until you get to a number that you like. that's good enough, you can stop now if you want.

gallery of sigs

he/him

xcheopis

Manifisto posted:

who's afraid of fuzzy kittens - competition is fierce, raw talent at this game is off the charts

Competitive Litter Feeding. The person with the fewest claw marks up to her shoulders wins.
Note: Contestants who open the can and just fling the contents into the midst of the oncoming hordes of fluffy meeps and then sprint away will be disqualified.

Heather Papps

hello friend

Pro ball.

You pick a ball you like, and explain all the good things about choosing it. A 7 panel board of experts chooses the best argument. The loser is decapitated.

Ventral EggSac

UTI Rugby. 30 people with urinary tract infections are placed on a field, and there's a big ruck for the antibiotics

Macnult

full contact stock market exchange

owlhawk911

come chill with me, in byob

ok get this: it's shuffleboard, but played on a slip-n-slide, and you/your friends are the pucks

https://giant.gfycat.com/PlasticAngryHousefly.webm
this sig a mf'n vanisher joint. gobbos by khanstant

City of Glompton

badmittens - speedknitting event with the goal of creating the best ("baddest") pair of mittens. also be played with crochet in some house rules

City of Glompton

owlhawk911 posted:

ok get this: it's shuffleboard, but played on a slip-n-slide, and you/your friends are the pucks

lol

watho

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

Manifisto posted:

squirrel ignoring - self explanatory, players win points for ignoring squirrels

this is impossible

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/BigClutteredJoey-mobile.mp4
thank u vanisher for the sig
and thank u nesamdoom for the good loops

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs
american foodball

Manifisto

the floor is lava - the floor is lava. usually a very short game.

ty nesamdoom!

szkud

prepuce repurposed posted:

american foodball

is that the game where you identify american football songs in public radio broadcast button and bed tracks?

~(‾▿‾)~

City of Glompton

Desk Chair Drag Racing

do not let Darlene from HR catch you!

thank you PSP for the beautiful spring sig

Professor of Cats

bee baseball

it's like normal baseball except sometimes the baseballs explode into a swarm of pissed of stinging bees (wasps whatever) and everyone is required to run to safety.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

SeaGoatSupreme
Ask me about fixed-gear bikes (aka "fixies")

City of Glompton posted:

Desk Chair Drag Racing

Charles H. From IT has already been disqualified, he has been found with a soldering iron and the motor from his ebike next to his regulation five wheel chair.

Derek L. Has been given a provisional license as long as he certifies his hoverround with the panel and ensures no modifications have been made to it that would take it out of the street stock class.

Yinlock

SeaGoatSupreme posted:

Charles H. From IT has already been disqualified, he has been found with a soldering iron and the motor from his ebike next to his regulation five wheel chair.

Derek L. Has been given a provisional license as long as he certifies his hoverround with the panel and ensures no modifications have been made to it that would take it out of the street stock class.

bolting a spoiler onto the back of my chair to reduce drag

xcheopis

SeaGoatSupreme posted:

Kimberly B. Project Manager disqualified for awarding her build project to a subcontractor without taking three competitive bids.

Manifisto

esports: first team to get exactly 2.71828 . . . points is the winner

ty nesamdoom!

Yinlock

blasting down the racecourse, IKEA sponsorship sticker gleaming in the light as i careen through dave's cubicle

owlhawk911

come chill with me, in byob

City of Glompton posted:

Desk Chair Drag Racing

as fun as this is i have to point out this thread is for inventing *new* sports and i'm pretty sure this has been going on since they put wheels on chairs

https://giant.gfycat.com/PlasticAngryHousefly.webm
this sig a mf'n vanisher joint. gobbos by khanstant

watho

bootfall

watho

casketball

City of Glompton

watho posted:

casketball

lol

City of Glompton

- full-contact bonsai trimming, you try to trim your priceless tiny tree while being galumphed by excited Labradors dressed up as lumberjacks

- synchronized lightbulb changing

- Appliance Rodeo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BallisticClipboard

Such a good worker!

Anti-Imposter Syndrome - You win when you accept a compliment from someone genuinely trying to give well wishes.