Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barco Fiesta

a fantasy of olives
you can do an existing variation of a real sport, or combine elements of multiple sports, or go crazy with it and make something totally off the wall. it's up to you, BYOB.

for reference here is a list of all sports

L@@K ==> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_sports <== L@@K

Some of my ideas:

Tae Kwon Dootball
This is essentially tackle football but all of the players are Tae Kwon Do practitioners, classed according to belt, wearing normal Tae Kwon Do safety gear and uniforms. they do all the normal motions of football but instead of tackling and blocking, it's all punches and crazy spin kicks. in a field goal, the guy who holds the ball instead throws it into the air, the goal is only good if the kicker has both feet off the ground during the kick, and it's an extra point if he can blast it straight through the scoreboard somehow. yeah, that's dootball baby.

BDSM curling
Like normal curling, you have two people with brooms trying to control the speed and distance of a stone as it rolls across ice to land it in a target while yelling at each other, but you also have two leather-clad people flogging the people with the brooms and yelling at them. This motivates them to do better at curling.

BYOBall
In this sport, two or more players ignore a ball, instead smoking weed and telling jokes near the ball, on the BYOBall court, or out in the BYOBall field if it's nice out. Every time a player smokes the weed or says something funny, they get a point. If ButtTheShitmanFart ever posts, the game ends and all of the players win. Nobody ever loses at BYOBall because there is only one team.

Unicycle fencing
This is self-explanatory

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barco Fiesta

a fantasy of olives

biosterous posted:

trampoline wrestling - american freestyle wrestling by very bouncy. gotta work extra hard to pin someone! might turn into pro wrestling pretty quickly?

e:

this has "dog surfing" as a sport so i think one quick addition is to add dogs to every sport

dog trampoline wrestling

Barco Fiesta

a fantasy of olives

City of Glompton posted:

Desk Chair Drag Racing

do not let Darlene from HR catch you!

One of the biggest and most enduring controversies in the world of desk chair drag racing is the Association's ban on reverse-kicking. The Association is run by orthodox purists who maintain that a racer must remain facing forward in their chair and pull themselves along with their feet. In recent years, racers have demonstrated unprecedented times and smashed records using techniques turning the chair backwards and pushing toward the finish line with their feet (known as Daving), or by sitting backwards in the chair on one knee and kicking the ground with the other (known as Jamiring). Traditionalists maintain that reverse kicking robs the sport of its original point, which was to be very slow and awkward and funny, and that Jamir and Dave tearing down the hallway all day trying to go faster than the other has tainted the spirit of the game. Whether right or wrong, the traditionalists face stiff opposition from accounting, who are acting as bookies for the rest of the office in the betting market that has come to surround the often close races between Jamir and Dave. Accounting has reported a total of $22 in profit revenue from this gambling market, and that market is only growing. Overall, it seems as if impact this controversy will have on the future of desk chair drag racing remains to be seen.

Barco Fiesta

a fantasy of olives
Rap Golf
I'm not exactly sure what this entails or what the rules are yet but I can't stop saying the name to myself in my head over and over so it's a real sport now.

Barco Fiesta

a fantasy of olives

Hugh Malone posted:

rap golf reminds me of something g I thought of trying irl, at this bar with a big backyard:

combat golf. two teams face off in sort of a driving range setup, drive practice whiffle golf balls at each other for points. there could be scoring areas like shuffleboard and of course points for hitting an opposing teammate. light protective gear for probably just the head/face

this is probably the most realistic and doable new sport in the thread

Barco Fiesta

a fantasy of olives
i figured out rap golf. It's a mixture of traditional golf and battle rap, wherein 2 golfers attempt to play 9 holes and any time one is lining up to take a swing, the other must say something like "Your clothes are wack and your shoes are fuckin stupid // you couldn't sleep with a girl if she got shot in the rear end by cupid // your stance is hosed up and your grip is all wrong // I heard some girls by the pool say your dick aint very long" and try to distract your opponent from the swing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barco Fiesta

a fantasy of olives

Barco Fiesta posted:

i figured out rap golf. It's a mixture of traditional golf and battle rap, wherein 2 golfers attempt to play 9 holes and any time one is lining up to take a swing, the other must say something like "Your clothes are wack and your shoes are fuckin stupid // you couldn't sleep with a girl if she got shot in the rear end by cupid // your stance is hosed up and your grip is all wrong // I heard some girls by the pool say your dick aint very long" and try to distract your opponent from the swing

i talked with my brother and we refined it further

it works as thus:

A regulation rap golf battle beat is 16 bars long and divided into three phases of timing:

-Bars 1-4 are intro hype bars
The rapper may vamp/hype/vocalize or be silent as they please
The golfer may not approach the ball during this phase

-Bars 5-12 are the primary rap portion
The rapper must rap for all eight bars. If they choke, bomb, trainwreck, or recycle previously-used verses, they take an extra stroke and the golfer may swing unimpeded.
The golfer may approach the ball and ready their swing. If they swing before the phase ends, they take an extra stroke

-Bars 13-16 are the swing portion, during which the beat enters an outro buildup to signal itself
The rapper is not required to rap during this phase, but it may be beneficial in distracting the golfer
The golfer must swing before the beat ends or take an extra stroke