Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

WHEN JOE WAS HERE WE WERE THE TEAM OF DESTINY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

a new study bible! posted:

The Bills are just this year's team of destiny

The winds of fate literally won them the game. Of course Vikings were the team of destiny after the Minneapolis Miracle and they got pasted by the Torrey Smith led Philadelphia Eagles.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
How many DPIs would Joe have picked up tonight? 6?

solarjetman
Jan 27, 2001

Fun Shoe
In 2013 the schedule makers had the Ravens play the Broncos in Denver, after their Super Bowl win, rather than giving them a home game, because of some pissing match with MLB.

The week prior to the game it was getting promoted so there were banners hanging all over town promoting the game. loving banners with Joe Flacco's face on them hanging all around Denver in September 2013.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Joe was just Andy Dalton with good dice rolls

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

i know its super duper kooper
cool like up the bitches snitches

Kirios posted:

last of us 1 was a lot better
no it wasnt

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Metapod posted:

Joe was just Andy Dalton with good dice rolls

Dice rolls are very important.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Last of Us 2 felt like it was a few hours too long with some unneeded filler-- compared to Lamar Jackson who, famously, cannot throw

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
Free Joe Webb

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

solarjetman posted:

In 2013 the schedule makers had the Ravens play the Broncos in Denver, after their Super Bowl win, rather than giving them a home game, because of some pissing match with MLB.

They played in Denver because you can't run games at M&T and Camden simultaneously, as they have shared utility infrastructure.

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong

solarjetman posted:

The week prior to the game it was getting promoted so there were banners hanging all over town promoting the game. loving banners with Joe Flacco's face on them hanging all around Denver in September 2013.

and all just to culminate in 7 touchdowns for Peyton :smug:

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

So is this the aftermath thread?

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

The Puppy Bowl posted:

The winds of fate literally won them the game. Of course Vikings were the team of destiny after the Minneapolis Miracle and they got pasted by the Torrey Smith led Philadelphia Eagles.

That was so incredibly satisfying to watch my birds absolutely pound rear end that game. Crybaby vikings fans couldn't handle a couple full beer cans thrown at them.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Mr. Nice! posted:

this is the joe would have won thread, if you need another thread to say things like bernie kosar would have won or something u will need your own

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I don’t think Joe would have won because if he was a winner his team would be in the playoffs now.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

Mr. Nice! posted:

I think we're waiting for the Browns to upset the Chiefs so we can have the best aftermath thread ever.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
Joe would have fun

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

Ghost Dog posted:

this is the joe would have won thread, if you need another thread to say things like bernie kosar would have won or something u will need your own

there's several threads for saying bernie would have won op

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Since this is the aftermath thread, mods can you please change the name to "Henne does what Joe did not."

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Mr. Nice! posted:

Since this is the aftermath thread, mods can you please change the name to "Henne does what Joe did not."

This thread is from last year and about the Amazing Joe Flacco would would have won 2 more Super Bowls with the Ravens this year and last and also would have won were he the Browns QB but he would never lower himself to the level of playing QB for the Browns.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Athanatos posted:

This thread is from last year and about the Amazing Joe Flacco would would have won 2 more Super Bowls with the Ravens this year and last and also would have won were he the Browns QB but he would never lower himself to the level of playing QB for the Browns.

I didn't even realize it was from last year until now :lol:

a helpful bear
Aug 18, 2004

Slippery Tilde
RIP the Ravens most stoic QB

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
All the other three AFC:N teams woulda won the super bowl with Joe (Burrow).

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

Beware the Forest's Mushrooms

fartknocker posted:

Billy Cole did nothing wrong.

This post was underappreciated. But not by me.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Magnetic North posted:

This post was underappreciated. But not by me.

:hai:

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

bump

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Ghost Dog posted:

WHEN JOE WAS HERE WE WERE THE TEAM OF DESTINY

Joe would have gotten the DPI call

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Sleepy Joe would have won.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Kirios posted:

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Kirios posted:

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

joe flacco never lost to the bum rear end chiefs in the loving playoffs

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

What everyone's talking about right now

quote:

Lamar Jackson in playoffs 2-4
Rex Grossman in playoffs 2-2
Baker Mayfield in playoffs 2-2

What everyone should be talking about right now

quote:

Lamar Jackson in playoffs 2-4
Joe Flacco in playoffs 10-6

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Intruder posted:

Joe would have gotten the DPI call

He drat sure would have. Just championship pedigree I guess.

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

Big Ol Marsh Pussy posted:

there's several threads for saying bernie would have won op

just here to lol at my own three year old joke, saving my good posts for the afcn thread tbh

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
gently caress everything hail Satan

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Chris James 2 posted:

What everyone's talking about right now

What everyone should be talking about right now

I can never tell if the January Joe stuff is ironic or not. But, I can go over game by game and assure you that outside of a one-year period, Joe Flacco was absolute dogshit in the playoffs and mediocre at best. Let's look at his stats.

Game 1 @Miami(W): 9/23 135 yards 0TD 0INT 1 rush TD--Obviously carried hard by defense here which picked Pennington 4 times.

Game 2 @ Tenn(W): 11/22 161yds 1 TD 0INT. Solid effort but nothing to write home about. A very 2000-Dilfer-like game. We really won this because Bart Scott went full Kurt Angle on Chris Johnson at the bottom of a pile after he was getting huge gains every carry.

Game 3 @Pitt(L): 13/30 141 yds 0TD 3INT. Abysmal. But the dude is a rookie on the road against a strong defense.

Game 4 @Patriots(W): 4/10 34yds 0TD 1INT. Carried HARD by defense and running game.

Game 5 @Colts(L): 20/35 189 yds 0TD 2 INT. Bad. Gave us no chance to win. No one mentions this game ever for some reason.

Game 6 @Chiefs(W): 25/34 265yds 2TD 0INT. His first actual good postseason game.

Game 7 @ Pitt(L): 16/30 125yds 1TD 1INT. Awful. Very much a team effort but we only needed adequate play to secure a win after a weak Pittsburgh start and didn't get it. 1st down interception to Ryan Clark late in the 3rd the lowlight of the game for Flacco.

Game 8 vs Texans(W): 14/27 176yds 2TD 0INT. Good effort against a very strong D though nothing extraordinary. Lucky to have been facing 3rd stringer TJ Yates.

Game 9 @Patriots: 22/36 306 yds 2TD 1INT. Great game that should have been a W if Lee Evans didn't drop the ball, we played for the first the next play instead of going straight for TD, and maybe if Cundiff doesn't shank.

Games 10, 11, 12, 13(4 W): Doesn't need to be said. One of the great postseason runs of all time ending with a SB MVP.

Game 15 @ Pittsburgh(W): 18/29 259yds 2TD 1 INT: Very strong effort to finally beat Pittsburgh on the road

Game 16 @Patriots(L): 28/45 292yds 4TD 2INT: Mixed bag. I'd call it overall good but throwing a very ill-advised pass on 2nd down on the potential game-winning drive with plenty of time left makes me put this in the bad column. Hmm an interception on a key 4th quarter drive on a completely unnecessary 2nd down risk? Sounds familiar.

Game 17 @Texans(L): 34/46 307yds 1TD 2INT: Doesn't look too horrible but the 2INT were back-to-back pick sixes that sealed their fate. Again, typical Flacco playoff 2nd half meltdown.

So when you look at the full picture, outside of like a one-year period Flacco absolutely melted down in close playoff games every single year. He definitely progressed from his Rookie and 2nd year, but typically his MO was to have one good game, then melt down the next one. Almost exactly what Lamar Jackson has done his last two playoff runs. Good game @ Tenn, miserable @Bills. Great game vs Texans where he picked up his play in the 2nd half, meltdown against Chiefs. I don't think we'll win a SB with Lamar at this point, but the dude is talented enough that he could still pull it all together for one big 2012-like run even if most of his career is going to be Flacco-like one good game one meltdown type stuff in the postseason.

In conclusion fire harbaugh now.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH

Kawalimus posted:

I can never tell if the January Joe stuff is ironic or not. But, I can go over game by game and assure you that outside of a one-year period, Joe Flacco was absolute dogshit in the playoffs and mediocre at best. Let's look at his stats.

Game 1 @Miami(W): 9/23 135 yards 0TD 0INT 1 rush TD--Obviously carried hard by defense here which picked Pennington 4 times.

Game 2 @ Tenn(W): 11/22 161yds 1 TD 0INT. Solid effort but nothing to write home about. A very 2000-Dilfer-like game. We really won this because Bart Scott went full Kurt Angle on Chris Johnson at the bottom of a pile after he was getting huge gains every carry.

Game 3 @Pitt(L): 13/30 141 yds 0TD 3INT. Abysmal. But the dude is a rookie on the road against a strong defense.

Game 4 @Patriots(W): 4/10 34yds 0TD 1INT. Carried HARD by defense and running game.

Game 5 @Colts(L): 20/35 189 yds 0TD 2 INT. Bad. Gave us no chance to win. No one mentions this game ever for some reason.

Game 6 @Chiefs(W): 25/34 265yds 2TD 0INT. His first actual good postseason game.

Game 7 @ Pitt(L): 16/30 125yds 1TD 1INT. Awful. Very much a team effort but we only needed adequate play to secure a win after a weak Pittsburgh start and didn't get it. 1st down interception to Ryan Clark late in the 3rd the lowlight of the game for Flacco.

Game 8 vs Texans(W): 14/27 176yds 2TD 0INT. Good effort against a very strong D though nothing extraordinary. Lucky to have been facing 3rd stringer TJ Yates.

Game 9 @Patriots: 22/36 306 yds 2TD 1INT. Great game that should have been a W if Lee Evans didn't drop the ball, we played for the first the next play instead of going straight for TD, and maybe if Cundiff doesn't shank.

Games 10, 11, 12, 13(4 W): Doesn't need to be said. One of the great postseason runs of all time ending with a SB MVP.

Game 15 @ Pittsburgh(W): 18/29 259yds 2TD 1 INT: Very strong effort to finally beat Pittsburgh on the road

Game 16 @Patriots(L): 28/45 292yds 4TD 2INT: Mixed bag. I'd call it overall good but throwing a very ill-advised pass on 2nd down on the potential game-winning drive with plenty of time left makes me put this in the bad column. Hmm an interception on a key 4th quarter drive on a completely unnecessary 2nd down risk? Sounds familiar.

Game 17 @Texans(L): 34/46 307yds 1TD 2INT: Doesn't look too horrible but the 2INT were back-to-back pick sixes that sealed their fate. Again, typical Flacco playoff 2nd half meltdown.

So when you look at the full picture, outside of like a one-year period Flacco absolutely melted down in close playoff games every single year. He definitely progressed from his Rookie and 2nd year, but typically his MO was to have one good game, then melt down the next one. Almost exactly what Lamar Jackson has done his last two playoff runs. Good game @ Tenn, miserable @Bills. Great game vs Texans where he picked up his play in the 2nd half, meltdown against Chiefs. I don't think we'll win a SB with Lamar at this point, but the dude is talented enough that he could still pull it all together for one big 2012-like run even if most of his career is going to be Flacco-like one good game one meltdown type stuff in the postseason.

In conclusion fire harbaugh now.
lol

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
Laugh if you want but people need the perspective when they say Joe was this great playoff QB. He was mediocre outside of one great run. Basically the exact sort of run Nick Foles had a few years later.

Lamar is better than both, but clearly has tendency to panic and go full Boller in elimination games and our coaching staff can't seem to reel him in. When a guy is doing this kind of boneheaded poo poo 6 years into his career that's probably what he's going to keep doing...unless he has one of those postseason hot streaks like those guys did.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

joe would have won kawalimus, its right there in the title? you cannot argue with The Facts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I appreciate the write-up. I think you are being a bit hard on Flacco since he is acceptable in roughly half the games in your list, which is hard to do against great playoff teams. But I understand where you are coming from.

Also it would be great if more people would also contribute and talk about football instead of just typing lol